Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Advice

3 posters

Go down

General Advice Empty General Advice

Post by light Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:49 am

If anyone can answer these questions or direct me to a link with the information it would help me, and hopefully other new players, out greatly.

Where can I find a list of what missions to run to get missing loot set items?

When is it better to sac a monster and when is it better to straight sell?

Should I level any current cards that are less than A+ or only level evolved cards?

I have several duplicate A's (ex: WWE) is it a better idea to try to auction them individually or evolve them into an A+ and auction that?

Same question as above, but with skills, better to sell rank 1 cards or skill up a card several ranks and auction it then?

When is the best time to use EPs or should I just hold them for currency? What about My EPs?

What mix of energy vs. bp should I be looking for closer to end game?

Should I put any effort into events as a newbie or focus on missions until I'm more established?

Thanks!!

Last edited by light on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total

light

Back to top Go down

General Advice Empty Re: General Advice

Post by light Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:54 am

And because I know nothing another quick price check from all my ally summons recently.

Child of Pit
Fafnir
Slaughter Bee Queen
Cruel Black Wings
Jade Rhinoceros Beetle
Hydra
Evilmoth

And are any B+'s worth listing? i.e. Caim, Berith

light

Back to top Go down

Post by light Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 am

Bump

light

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm writing a FAQ for the forum, here are the questions you asked taken out from it!

Where can I find a list of what missions to run to get missing loot set items?
Almost any questions about the game itself can be answered in the Wiki.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This question is more easily answered in the bestiary though, so check out the link below!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When is it better to sac a monster and when is it better to straight sell?
There is a bit of uncertainty here. BP is thought to be the main factor determining how much exp is given per sacrifice. The spirits that are used to give a lot of exp when sacrificing each have 100 to 250 BP.
From testing, sacrificing one 250 BP spirit gives about 4 levels. We're not too sure how the experience scales at lower BP stats, but the difference between 1 BP and 15 BP isn't enough that it's been significantly noticeable through any testing posted on the forums so far. Given this, it might be best (especially for newer players without a ton of gold) to sacrifice lower BP monsters for exp and sell monsters (without skills) with 5+ BP for gold.

Should I level any current cards that are less than A+ or only level evolved cards?
Only level evolved cards. If you evolve an A into an A+, it loses any extra skill levels it has and returns to level one. Leveling up an A card is basically a waste of resources, as it is easy to get an A+ of a cheap monster you could level for your team in the meantime.

I have several duplicate A's (ex: WWE) is it a better idea to try to auction them individually or evolve them into an A+ and auction that?
There isn’t a clear answer to this question, as it’s a judgement call for the most part. For most monsters, evolving to A+ will net you a sale more quickly as the buyer doesn’t have to track down another copy of the A to evolve it with. On the other hand, a lot of people already have one A of the monster and could be looking for a second A to evolve it with. With this approach, you also have to sell two different cards instead of just one. The two approaches basically boil down to:
Evolve into A+ – convenience, less storage room, A+ are highly sought after
Keep as A pair – appeal to wider market (can choose to sell as A or A+)

Same question as above, but with skills, better to sell rank 1 cards or skill up a card several ranks and auction it then?
It depends on who is buying, and how lucky you are. Let’s say your skills sell for 1 EP each because you’re selling a bunch of agility ups to people who really need them for an event right now. You can sell 6 agility up for 6 EP. Not too bad eh? Now let’s say you decide to level your skills. You use the 5 extra skills to level your Caim B+, but the odds are against you and you only level it to Agility Up (4) as one level-up attempt fails. Some people might pay 6 EP for this because they know how much of a pain it is to level up a skill. Most people will treat this as 4 or 5 EP worth of skills though, so you actually lose out on EP. I would suggest selling as Skill (1) unless you really like to barter and have great luck. Personally, I’ve failed twice in a row before when trying to level up Agility (1) to Agility (2), so you’re taking a risk whenever you decide to level skills.

As an aside, if you are selling a maxed A+ monster with a skill, adding extra skill levels will increase the value of the monster. This is especially true if the skill is increased to Skill (10) or higher.

When is the best time to use EPs or should I just hold them for currency? What about My EPs?
EPs are a mixed bag. As a new player, there are two things you can do with EP.
1. Buy cards. EP is the universal currency of this game, and it’s really hard to get people to trade valuable cards for anything but EP. EP are incredibly helpful to have so make sure you always get a price check before you spend them on a card. If you could preface any price check attempts with “I know the market is always fluctuating and values always change, but if I could get an approximate price check in EP on xxxx monster I would greatly appreciate it” you might win over the hearts (or help) of some forum users.

2. Stockpile to use on events.
The only way to make the top 100 in an event is to collect a large amount of EP and use them all up during the event – provided you obtain a progression monster of course. This will take quite some time, as you need to collect anywhere from 120 to 250 EP to win an event! The values differ heavily based on what guild you chose. Sin is considered to be the “richest” guild and often reaches event numbers far above any other guild. You’ll have to spend a lot more EP to keep up to these guys. Tyranny is somewhere in the middle, and Rancor is consistently on the bottom.

What mix of energy vs. bp should I be looking for closer to end game?
You always want the minimum amount of BP possible. Some people might argue with this, but I will give you my analysis and then you can make your own decision. Your max BP should be exactly the same as the number of BP it takes to engage in one battle with your formation. Why?
- Energy is way more useful than battle points
- One EP is worth five BP, so BP are much easier to obtain
- There is no reward for reaching top spots on the overall ladder
- You can only get one or two REALLY GOOD prizes from the weekly ranking ladder before there is no more room to climb. Once you’ve expended all your wiggle room, your leftover BP will be useless!

Should I put any effort into events as a newbie or focus on missions until I'm more established?
There are two major types of events
1. Log-in Events
These events require you to log-in frequently to obtain rewards. This includes the bingo, stamp collecting, memory game, number lottery, and survey question type games. The more days you log-in, the better rewards you will receive! As a new player, make sure to take advantage of these events.

2. Competition Events
These include the Battle, Tower, Crystal and Library type events. For these events, the idea is to get as many points, floors, crystals or quest items as possible. The top 100 in each guild get an AA given to them at the end of the event. The in-event rewards are always on a sliding scale. Take the battle event for example. You get a reward at 1 point, 15 points, 30 points, 50 points, 75 points and 100 points. The distance between rewards is small at first. For the top rewards, you need 3000 points, 4000 points and 5000 points. As a new player, you should focus on getting as many rewards as possible in each event without spending any EP. You might only make it to the 500 point reward, but you’ll get all the smaller rewards leading up to that point as well. This is better than the mission rewards, and you will eventually get those during battle or crystal collecting events anyway, as you must do the most recent missions to collect event items.

Last edited by Deemo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mods are mean haha)

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosEternal Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Oooh, a real FAQ! This is going to be pretty awesome. Very Happy

Edit: Oh, lol, I suck dick? hell yea is still a censored word. Your guide has this in it: "but the odds are I suck dick? hell yea" since you said the odds are I suck dick? hell yea against you.
ChaosEternal
ChaosEternal

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Haha edited for great justice. Mods got a sense of humor at least

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by light Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks for the answers. Good info. At some point I'll need to compile all these into a single place.

light

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm

No worries, I'm working on formatting a FAQ to post under the Q&A section as a sticky

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down