Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread

+23
kingloser
speakeztruth
Shar
Sh0x
espnted
Hecatonchyr
prancey
skel1977
JimmyKillsAlot
Liberator
LunaticWoda
Volrath
lucascn
KarmaBrobie
Deemo
sacredone1
TRESSERHORN
PFSed
ryesteve
kyan
Delilah
Gav
TheFury
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread Empty 15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread

Post by TheFury Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:24 am

So with a team of pure C+s, one could theoretically get a x4 combo (for any guild). Not bad.

But would a single 11-BP A+ along with 4 1-BP C+s be better?

The A+ team combo (A+, C+, C+, C, C) could still get a guild combo. Covert teams could also potentially get the species combo. This seems to be a way unfair advantage to the covert guild, but whatever.

Maxed leveled C/C+s seem to end up with something between 700 and 1200 stats per each attribute. 4-5 BP C+s may exceed that some, I don't know.

A+ monster could get a nice skill to help out too.

On the other hand, a team of all C+s avoids the weaker Cs, and can get the x4 bonus (for 40% attack bonus, 35% defense bonus). They lack any skill (unless you spend a spirit on one haha).

I have three questions.

Can an A+/C+/C team with guild bonus (let's assume not species bonus) beat a pure C+ team? Let's assume the A+ skill is not maxed out, but gives something of a small bonus to stats. Potentially, with the x4 bonus, that could give the C+ team close to 2000/2000/1250 stats. Admirable, but less than half of the single A+ monster if maxed.

What about if the 5-turn rule for fights applies? Who wins then? Still the A+ team?

Finally, does the answer change depending on how the C+ team attacks? What if instead of attacking the weakest enemy they all focus on the A+? Can they take it out in the first turn, then win the rest?

If anyone can find the answer or offer insight, I would be greatly appreciative.

Last edited by TheFury on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total

TheFury

Back to top Go down

15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread Empty Re: 15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread

Post by Gav Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 am

Is this event your team must not exceed 15BP or your monsters can only be 15BP each? I’ve read the in-app details but it does not state which.

Gav

Back to top Go down

15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread Empty Re: 15 BP battle event - de facto discussion thread

Post by Delilah Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 am

At first glance, it seems that an A+ would be the way to go. You get a skill, way higher stats and more benefit from the double HP for the leader in return for losing the rarity combo bonus. Gotta look into that more though.

Thing is, where am I going to find the time to max a bunch of C's when I'm not even maxed on my actual team... sheesh, you'd almost think they want you to buy energy potions. Wink

@Gav: I assume it's 15 BP total. Otherwise, it would be kind of pointless.

Delilah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 am

The banner is completely ambiguous. At first I thought it was each monster is 15bp or lower but than some my clan mates thought its 15 total. Ateam needs to clarify soon as that totally change things.

If 15bp total I say A+, C+, C+, C, C is the way to go. The thing with battle in DS is that its highly nonlinear. A team of C+ won't touch an A+ with high defense. If the difference between attack and defense is high, the attack does essentially no damage. The difference between a maxed C+ and an maxed A+ is too high imho for it to do any damage.

If each monster is 15bp. I think tyranny will dominate with the psycho brute team. WWE, SGQ are part of many elite tyranny teams and there are many of these out there with maxed skills. Throw them in with oppression, gigas and commander and they are far better than a sin demon team with pit, firebrand, beelzebub, faith and gluttony. Rancor will be out of luck with no agi card below 15.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 am

If they mean 15BP total, that'd be completely ridiculous...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by PFSed Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm not going to even bother with this event unless they give specific details about the formation within the next day or two.

PFSed

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm

ryesteve wrote:If they mean 15BP total, that'd be completely ridiculous...

Well, A-Team does try to make these events at least possible for low levels to progress in. If it's 15 BP per monster, lower levels won't stand even the slightest chance (unless they limit you to only fighting your peers). I would be pretty shocked if they allowed for 75BP teams (plus Tyranny would have a huge advantage with our leveled winged brutes)

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by TRESSERHORN Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, there are plenty of players whose regular form is less than 75 BP, putting them at a distinct advantage as far as skill leveling. If it's 15 BP total that would at least bring in a bit of strategy as far as picking the right A+, I guess. Ha ha, get your Child of Pits! Though they might as well just make one monster v. one monster and save us all the trouble of maxing out C's. But then I guess it's our prerogative to make that kind of judgment call. We'll see. Feels pretty arbitrary at this point, but I'm sure it's more nuanced than I'm making it.
More information will come out that will nullify this kind of guess work, but It would be nice if A Team was less ambiguous and commercial and more practical about their banners, etc. We already know what we'll win. Another set of new "powerful monsters." No fear.

TRESSERHORN

Back to top Go down

Post by sacredone1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I think its 15 BP max for a monster to be used. Which also means they are probably gonna milk it an add a 15 bp monster in for all guilds. If you read the description its just like the B/B+ tournament only difference is they limited the monsters BP instead of rarity level(a/b/c) problem is Rancor doesnt have a low Agi monster like the other guilds our best bet is to go preemptive strike....maybe they gonna add in a new combo too so teams that arent pure A's can compete better?

sacredone1

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Rancor's best chance is to use the Tyranny 15bp team that is going to crush everyone, and hope their Agi is leveled higher than the opponent's. Borrow from your clan mates :p

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by KarmaBrobie Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 pm

for the ad, who do you guys think is that female monster? chances of being an exclusive A or AA?
KarmaBrobie
KarmaBrobie

Back to top Go down

Post by lucascn Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 pm

sin got demon team less than 15BP
lucascn
lucascn

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 am

lucascn wrote:sin got demon team less than 15BP

yes but the psycho brute team is better and likely to be higher skills with silvery and wwe still being used in the top winged brute teams.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

It is very clear if this is a tourney for monsters at or below 15bp, Tyranny got everyone beat. But if it is a total of 15 BP, then covert is in even more trouble since no AGI monster.

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by LunaticWoda Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

To my understanding its 15BP TOTAL. So I am going with 3 Bs or B+s or a Decent A+ with 4 1BP c's but still trying to see what I can find and than ill just max em out. Logic would say find a beast high defense guy with 15BP and ride the fact the C's cant hurt it. But moment your guy misses your probably screwed. So I think B's may be the best as far as risk/reward Vs 1 massively tough guy in a newb world

LunaticWoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 pm

I think Pit with 20 skill or WWE with 20 skill gonna rule.

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberator Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:19 am

I thought it would be 15bp total, and I even planed for a team with sky navy slayer and 4 c fishes for a beast winged team, but Ateam slap my face soooo hard Sad

Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 am

Liberator wrote:I thought it would be 15bp total, and I even planed for a team with sky navy slayer and 4 c fishes for a beast winged team, but Ateam slap my face soooo hard Sad

Snap! WW Archar+ Agility 5 with C/C+ fish, C/C+ fairy. Psycho, winged, brute combo

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 am

Hecatonchyr wrote:I spent 10 battle tickets only to discover that a win gives 45 points, which is half of what I could've won if I would have done 10 battles... So don't spend multiple tickets it is a huge waste.

I too can confirm this however it must be a glitch as the event info says "Multiple Battle Tickets can be used at once to participate, which will increase the amount of points that can be won in the tournament". OR knowing ATeam they have twisted their words, Yes you'll get more tickets but not as many as if you used them one by one. Crafty way to make you burn tickets therefore wanting more EP to replenish those 'wasted'

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by PFSed Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 am

Hecatonchyr wrote:I spent 10 battle tickets only to discover that a win gives 45 points, which is half of what I could've won if I would have done 10 battles... So don't spend multiple tickets it is a huge waste.

I made the same mistake. I won the tourny, but won half of what I could have... Wish I read this post first!

PFSed

Back to top Go down

Post by LunaticWoda Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Nidhogg fyi is a wyrm. Which honestly I dont see much of a increase in tickets dropping...

LunaticWoda

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyKillsAlot Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:10 pm

LunaticWoda wrote:Nidhogg fyi is a wyrm. Which honestly I dont see much of a increase in tickets dropping...

I have been seeing a marked increase with my Nidhogg + as the head of my battle team. And over all the stats are not that bad with 5456 4960 4960 maxed.

JimmyKillsAlot

Back to top Go down

Post by skel1977 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Lucky for me i have been slacking and had a bunch of B+ cards that were max level 50 plus fafnir + level 60ish and a WWE high level. Im crushing most people its not even funny. Just wish i had more BP's

What is the easiest way to aquire bps without dark summons?

skel1977

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 pm

skel1977 wrote:Lucky for me i have been slacking and had a bunch of B+ cards that were max level 50 plus fafnir + level 60ish and a WWE high level. Im crushing most people its not even funny. Just wish i had more BP's

What is the easiest way to aquire bps without dark summons?

bps? For this event you need tickets so bp doesn't come into play.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by skel1977 Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm

sorry yeah i meant tickets. Just do missions?

skel1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next