Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Event Level Ranking

+12
jay
TheFury
Mortium
lucascn
Jzen
peeprs86
The only god
rekt
dan
Stitches
Taikobo
Volrath
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Current Event Level Ranking - Page 2 Empty Re: Current Event Level Ranking

Post by jay Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm

ryesteve wrote:What I don't understand is, why did they make the mid-event change where you couldn't boot people, but still allow voluntary moves? The problem wasn't generals booting people, it was high-level hired guns traveling from clan to clan to burn their energy.
There was a clan that would invite some new people in with promise of AA, then when they burned their EP, they got booted.

(don't remember which clan)

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Ouch... ok, that was a problem too... I just think they should've locked rosters completely, as long as they were installing that change...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by TrencH Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:41 pm

ryesteve wrote:Ouch... ok, that was a problem too... I just think they should've locked rosters completely, as long as they were installing that change...

I am not sure how someone leaving a clan by their own choice would impact the clan tyhey were in (except for the loss of one person adding to the crystal collecting.

I think the issue is people joining and then getting booted. They have to find another clan and start collecting over again (for the over 1%) but the former clan still keeps the kicked persons crytal collections.

Thats the reason they locked the expulsion controls. So someone who had put in the work did not lose the work and have to continually keep starting over.

Only problem with this is that the slackers can do minimum and slide through and nobody can do anything about it.

Slippery slope...

TrencH

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 pm

TrencH wrote:I am not sure how someone leaving a clan by their own choice would impact the clan tyhey were in
It doesn't affect the clan they're in, it affects everyone trying to compete with them. If you have a clique of people with 3000 max energy, who float around amongst affiliated clans to boost their crystal counts, instead of having to compete against one clan with 500k+ gems, you've got to compete against five clans with 500k+ gems.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlizh Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 pm

ryesteve wrote:
TrencH wrote:I am not sure how someone leaving a clan by their own choice would impact the clan tyhey were in
It doesn't affect the clan they're in, it affects everyone trying to compete with them. If you have a clique of people with 3000 max energy, who float around amongst affiliated clans to boost their crystal counts, instead of having to compete against one clan with 500k+ gems, you've got to compete against five clans with 500k+ gems.

You do know that when you leave a clan, your total of crystal stays with the clan and that you have 0 crystal total that follows you?

Vlizh

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Vlizh wrote:
ryesteve wrote:

You do know that when you leave a clan, your total of crystal stays with the clan and that you have 0 crystal total that follows you?
I suppose you could have a level 130 character and several level 20 alts, and just use your 130 guy to make sure that the alts' clans got into the top 50.. But that's getting a bit too esoteric to try to stop, frankly.

I know some people in some of the top clans had like 5 accounts get AAs..

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Vlizh wrote:You do know that when you leave a clan, your total of crystal stays with the clan and that you have 0 crystal total that follows you?
Of course I know it, that's why it works as I described. Was the confusion when I said, "Boost THEIR crystal count"? By "their", I was referring to all of the affiliated clans, not each individual.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:02 pm

TrencH wrote:
ryesteve wrote:I hope for the next clan event, rosters are locked when the event starts. I have a hard time believing that there wasn't some massive clan-jumping going on among affiliated groups.

I bet if ATeam had it back they would have done that from the beginning. But now that the event is over ...give me my damn controls back. I got a few people who have not been active for almost a week....

I would assume you would get your control back when the time to collect the reward expires. Don't want to have people kicked before they have a chance to collect the reward.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 pm

jay wrote:I suppose you could have a level 130 character and several level 20 alts, and just use your 130 guy to make sure that the alts' clans got into the top 50.. But that's getting a bit too esoteric to try to stop, frankly.
It doesn't even need to be alts, although I'm sure those are involved as well. There are several "franchises" among the top clans, and it's silly to think that this sort of cooperation between them wasn't going on. I don't see what's so esoteric about saying, "Once an event begins, a clan can't make roster changes"... you know, the same way it works in just about any other team sport or team event you can think of.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm

ryesteve wrote:
jay wrote:I suppose you could have a level 130 character and several level 20 alts, and just use your 130 guy to make sure that the alts' clans got into the top 50.. But that's getting a bit too esoteric to try to stop, frankly.
It doesn't even need to be alts, although I'm sure those are involved as well. There are several "franchises" among the top clans, and it's silly to think that this sort of cooperation between them wasn't going on. I don't see what's so esoteric about saying, "Once an event begins, a clan can't make roster changes"... you know, the same way it works in just about any other team sport or team event you can think of.

Actually in almost all team events/sports. There are mid season trades etc... until the trade deadline as the playoff approaches so the A-team approach is consistent with most sport events as the deadline was cut off half way through the event. I think the problem with your suggestion is that the event came right on the heels of clans coming out. There wasn't enough time for people to settle in a clan or find one that fits them. That's how you end up with some clans having scammers/slackers in them. At least clan leaders gets to see how their members for a week of the event before things settle. For example, I didn't get into a clan until the day of event. I admit that it was mostly my fault as I wasn't playing much between when clan came out and event and wasn't that interested in clans before the events since I was totally disappointed with how guilds are implemented in DS.

I'm not sure what your complaint about switching clans is. Are you saying people are transferring between clans to help raise the crystal counts? Why would they do that for just one account as in the end they will end up with just one AA. I see the point of alt accounts but those are hard to ban by the way A-team track accounts. It'll be easier to just transfer ep than to move characters between clans. The cooperation is mostly in the form of keeping each other inform on the count so they don't over spent. Its actually a good thing that many of the rich players are gather in a few clans. It allow those of us in the mid-tier a chance to successfully compete by working together.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Depends on how you're viewing the analogy. You're comparing a sports season to a game event... I'd compare the game event to a single sporting event. You can't sign a free agent at halftime of a football game and stick him in at running back. And if you want to go beyond a single game analogy, once the baseball post-season starts, you can't make rosters moves then either.

And hell, if you insisted on looking at a full season analogy, if the Yankees, when schedules permitted, traded Alex Rodriguez and Robinson Cano to whoever the Red Sox were playing, and then that team traded them back to the Yankees after the game was over, I think the Commissioner might have a problem with that. That's essentially what the clan switchers would've been doing.

I understand that the individual still only gets one AA... but is it that difficult to understand the motivation in wanting the members of the sister clans to get them as well? This, at the expense of clans who didn't have elite players popping in and out to contribute 20 or 30,000 crystals to the kitty.

I agree that it's great for us that many top players are concentrated in a few clans... I just want to make sure that they STAY there when an event is in progress.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Its more apt to apply a full season as it is a 2 week long event or more. In any case, I know of no team sports that doesn't allow for substitution mid-game. The analogy is faulted in any case as the limiting resource isn't any player but ep/progression monsters. Its easy to give ep across accounts and there is no need for player to switch clans. There is nothing Ateam can do about that as ep trades/gifts are an essential part of the game. This is not a sports league and Ateam isn't there to ensure fair competition among the clans. There is no salary cap etc... even the baseball commissioner only has limited power to bring about fair competition. The Yankees are perennially among the favorites as they outspend all the other teams.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 am

You're confusing substitutions with roster changes. The analogy to a substitution is giving an existing clan member the event monster, "putting him into the game" and having him do missions. That's completely different than saying "at noon the clan consists of these 25 people, and at 2pm it consists of 20 of those guys, plus 5 other guys with 3000 max energy who are going to help us out for a couple hours, before going back to their clan"

And don't bother telling me that A Team can't do things I'm not even asking them to do. I never said anything about regulating trades and item sharing, so keep your strawmen out of this. And yeah, there's no "need" to switch clans, but it sure works a lot better than just sending EPs when we're talking about players who have massive max energy. And yes, I'm fully aware that A Team has a limited interest in "fair competition", otherwise they would've long ago corrected the stats of those people who took advantage of the ally glitch to rack up their energy totals in the first place.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 am

You guys hijack my post. Fortunately we did ended up a one of the top 50 guilds. ONly bad thing is we are SIN and got the fire lord which you cant trade for the other lords. If anyone willing to trade an ice or earth for fire, please post or pm me in game. I rank around 66th overall.

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by TrencH Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Volrath wrote:You guys hijack my post. Fortunately we did ended up a one of the top 50 guilds. ONly bad thing is we are SIN and got the fire lord which you cant trade for the other lords. If anyone willing to trade an ice or earth for fire, please post or pm me in game. I rank around 66th overall.

I don't think that the Firelord is worth so little. There were plenty of people trying to sell or trade their Ice Lords and those are not worth that much either.

Personally, I had to sell mine cheap...

The only one out of the three that was selling very well was the Earth Lord selling for almost twice the value of the others.

TrencH

Back to top Go down

Post by Volrath Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Not really trying to sell mine. I got multiple fire lords and want to trade them out to get one of each.

Volrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2