Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching Account

4 posters

Go down

Switching Account Empty Switching Account

Post by jusbao Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Wanted to see if anyone knows of a solution.  I have an old account of DS that I've been playing for almost a year.  I recently got a new phone and thought I'd start a new account just for kicks and was thinking that it could be deleted later.  

Long story short, I want to get rid of my new account and use my old account on my new phone.  So far have tried the following:

-Deleted data/clear cache
-Uninstall/reinstall
-Move DS to/from device and SD card
-Used the SD card from my old phone in my new phone
-Contacted Ateam for help (they basically said get a new device)

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

jusbao

Back to top Go down

Switching Account Empty Re: Switching Account

Post by lennon_68 Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Uninstall/reinstall DS should get you the "Create New Acct"/"Transfer existing Acct" prompt again.  I've done this a couple times moving accounts around and haven't had any issue.  What happened when you tried to uninstall/reinstall?  Did it just still have the "new" account?

I did read once that you can't transfer an Android account to an iPhone/iPad or vice versa but it doesn't sound like that's the issue here (just throwing it out there in case)...

lennon_68

Back to top Go down

Post by jusbao Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:27 pm

When I do the uninstall/reinstall, it does not get me to the "Create New Acct"/"Transfer existing Acct" prompt.  It just starts my newer account without asking me for anything.

Both phones run android.

jusbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallette Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:29 pm

On my old Android I found I had to go into settings and reset the phone to get it to clear the user data Sad

Vallette

Back to top Go down

Post by jusbao Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:43 am

Vallette wrote:On my old Android I found I had to go into settings and reset the phone to get it to clear the user data Sad

There must be something Ateam implemented to stop the account switching thing.  I did the factory reset and it never gave me a choice to create new or data transfer.  It just started up with the account I don't want.

jusbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:45 pm

This happened to me on my tablet.  DS uses your Android account and registers it with them.

To solve the issue, I created another gmail account on the tablet and deleted the old gmail.  Make sure you uninstall DS before you create another account.

Once you are only using the new account, install DS and you should have the option to create or use an existing one.

If all goes well, you can restore your original Android account and delete the new one.

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by jusbao Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm

TigerStrike wrote:This happened to me on my tablet.  DS uses your Android account and registers it with them.

To solve the issue, I created another gmail account on the tablet and deleted the old gmail.  Make sure you uninstall DS before you create another account.

Once you are only using the new account, install DS and you should have the option to create or use an existing one.

If all goes well, you can restore your original Android account and delete the new one.

Thanks that did it.  Now just have to wait 7 days...

jusbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down