Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess I'm kinda done with DS

2 posters

Go down

Guess I'm kinda done with DS Empty Guess I'm kinda done with DS

Post by p2mc28 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:03 pm

I've more or less fallen out of love with this game.  A big reason why I play a lot of the games I like is because I like and want to support the developers.  And Ateam has given me no reason to support them.  So... yeah.

Back when A rank monsters had value, me and my brothers were all over spreadsheets and tracking things and all sorts of fun stuff.  This made me want to build something with way more control than a spreadsheet.  While I'm sure that soon enough, AAs will just be the new As, and things will be as they ever were... I'm abandoning my website project.  Especially since the Bestiary seems to have abandoned "official" updates, and I was already too lazy to manually manage all the data imports...

Anyway, here it is.  Warning: the host is garbage, and it doesn't load half the time.
http://darksummonerd.co.nf/
(Also it's like 10+ events out of date, since I haven't had an up-to-date bestiary to leech off of >_<)

If anyone is interested in whatever, let me know, maybe I'll hand off the credentials if someone wants to do... something with it.  I know a couple people out there were working on some website projects?

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Guess I'm kinda done with DS Empty Re: Guess I'm kinda done with DS

Post by Ologolos Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:59 pm

I definitely don't have the time to try and take this over, but I like what you've put together so far. The rollover highlighting is slick, and your query feature on the "manage" page is awesome.

With the rate of growth and change in the game, trying to maintain *anything* like this can be a full time job in and of itself, especially if you can't pull from the main data source.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks =)

My primary goal was to create a tool people could use to post their "stores" in a much easier to read/use format rather than text tables on forums.  Also, try to get everything consistent.

Then... I had hoped to start building an Auction House of sorts.  List your items... searchable... etc.  The in-game feature is laughable.  But alas, my love for the game just dwindled and here we are =\

One of these days, after I win the lottery or otherwise no longer need to concern myself with a paying job, I can use what I've learned here and just build it all right into my own game Laughing

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down