Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating?

+8
JSOG
keyser sose
zzz1998
Jewelguy
Vallette
B$
TreyDobe
Frank Thomas
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating? Empty Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating?

Post by Frank Thomas Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Just curious what everyone's stance is? Are alts okay? Are Bots okay?
Clue me and others in...I personally am against either, but I can see the obvious reasons why people would participate in either.

I know since I am new, this may come off as brash for saying this, but I see people on this forum basically throwing out stuff like "my 3,000ep" and the like...I know that one can realistically make that much ep with one account, but these same people also talk about their bountiful plethora of alternate accounts as well...the thing that really gets me is that a lot of times people will slyly drop their current ep balance on here when referencing something, when all it really is, it is a lame attempt at trying to cleverly brag. To me, it just makes me lose respect for those individuals. It doesn't take talent to have 10 accounts and rank in each guild, it takes a person with a lot of free time and no life to do so...

When it comes to botting I don't have too much to say except that I think it's completely cheating and WILL ruin this game...it reminds me of steroids in baseball...and hell, I <3 baseball. I'm Frank Thomas...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating? Empty Re: Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating?

Post by TreyDobe Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 am

Alts I don't really care too much about, you still gotta do work to earn anything on them, botting on the other hand is terrible, you basically earn stuff without doing anything yourself. The only advantage you get on an alt is that you can send some strong stuff to it and make it impossible to bring down unless it's another alt fighting you, other than that you can stack gold on it and use it when you need too. In many games people tend to make alt accounts and for the most part that doesn't seem to be against the rules, giving out account info and selling them for real money is
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating? Empty Re: Alts/Botting...getting an edge or cheating?

Post by B$ Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 am

Actually. It takes a lot of planning and resource management to rank 10 accounts. There are some douchebags out there, don't just assume that everyone with alts and a stack of ep is one. I worked my ass off for months to be able to get multiple accts ranked if I choose and I don't appreciate you coming in and trying to belittle the work I've invested, or anyone else that has done it legit.

As for your topic, alts I feel are fine obviously. Bots is plain cheating.
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 am

How is it doing it "legit"? That's what someone needs to explain. Yes I agree that it takes time, planning, and resource management, but shuffling resources and farming resources from other "alt" accounts, though accepted by gamers, is not legit. Why do you think they set up all the rules and make changes in game in hopes to prevent people from exploiting weak spots and creating unfair advantages? And if it's so legit, why are things like emulators being used so people can have 10 accounts...yeah maybe a few people have full access 10-12 iphones, ipads, ipods, android phones etc...but most of these people don't. You would be fooling yourself to say they do. I don't care if you don't appreciate my opinion, just as I don't care for your opinion and feel this dampers the game in multiple ways..

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 am

Also I pretty sure "alts" break user terms, and if they didn't exist the chances of botting even happening in the first place would be a lot smaller...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallette Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:55 am

Alts don't bother me. If someone has the time and energy to keep clicking on multiple devices, whatever. But bots are ridiculous.

Vallette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 am

Bots: cheating and evil.

Alts: In my opinion (everyone is entitled to their opinion and shouldn't be looked down upon because of it), alts shouldn't be allowed. Why do you think Ateam placed all those guidelines in place for the Ally Invite campaign (newbie has to get to level 30)? Why do you think that the recent changes to newbies being able to gift and trade were made (gotta wait so many days now instead of waiting until they reach a certain level)? I don't think Ateam intended for alt usage. Therefore no alts I say. Alts are just an excuse to get ahead in the game by any means possible.

On a secondary note: @Boomy- Frank is entitled to his opinion just as you are entitled to yours. I don't think that you gave him the respect he, along with everyone else here, deserve.
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:47 am

Bots: cheating and evil. (seem that is pretty much agreed by majority including me).

Alts: Alts give big advantage to who ever has them. And Ateam is very much aware of them. They try to slow them down but they are not doing anything to stop them so they are just part of the game.

I say if you have mulitple devices to install the game then well there is not much wrong with that but if you are using bluestack or resetting device to install multiple accounts, then it seems a bit of cheat (in my opinion of course).

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 am

the reason for so many alts, and low level dump accounts is quite simply the ally invite campaigns. it used to be that you could create a new account.... get the 3 ally invites, dump the account (why do you think we are at over 6 million downloads, and so few active players).

people used to simply do the 3 free DS, and the ally invite summons. if they liked the monsters, play to level 20, send the stuff to the main account, and do it again.

Times change, GTeam changes the game... now, if someone wanted the ally invite freebies, they are looking at 20+ new, dumped, dead accounts, etc. I don't know that it's a change for the better, or worse. either way, the game will go on, and I will still be a casual player.

Cest La Vie.

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by JSOG Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:58 am

Frank Thomas wrote:, just as I don't care for your opinion and feel this dampers the game in multiple ways..

Then why did you start this topic and ASK for our opinions you idiot? Are you looking for a quarter so you can call someone who cares about YOUR opinion? Or are you just a big crybaby throwing a temper tantrum? Smh

JSOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Just because I don't agree and care for opinion doesn't mean I didn't listen to it....and no I started this topic because people around here talk about their alts all the time, and it's flaunted and accepted. I'm just curious why most people are all for exploiting and bending rules when all it does is water down the game in multiple areas. Its widely accepted here, but is an obvious breakage of the user terms in game. I'm asking why allow the hypocrisy, and why feed in to these people who act like they are the best summoner ever when they aren't even playing by the rules...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:24 pm

...and so far,no one has informed anyone here how "alts" are "legit" within the perimeters of the user terms and in game rules...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I have alt because I have iPhone and iPad, no other reason. When I start I read the FAQ that we can't play one account on two devices, that's all.
Bot...we have bot in ds now? A team can't do anything about it???

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Did you raise both accounts from the ground up? Do you shuffle and or feed resources from your main to lowers? Do you sell rewards from your lower accounts to benefit your main account? If you answered yes to any of this, I think it states pretty clearly that is breakage...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Frank Thomas wrote:...and so far,no one has informed anyone here how "alts" are "legit" within the perimeters of the user terms and in game rules...

Challenge accepted....

III. APPLICATION USAGE

You agree to use the Application as it is intended and will NOT do, without limitation, the following unacceptable actions:
*snip*
(iv) exploit or use cheats to obtain an advantage that is not intended;
*snip*
(vi) reset a device and/or the data within to create multiple player accounts.

These are the only two provisions in the EULA that are applicable.

Part III(iv) clearly states that bots, cheating, etc are unacceptable.

Part III(vi) clearly states that is is unacceptable to reset your device to create multiple accounts. it says nothing about having multiple accounts on multiple devices. Ipso facto, alternate (multiple) accounts are allowed by the EULA, assuming that you have one, and only one per device.

Frank Thomas wrote:Did you raise both accounts from the ground up? Do
you shuffle and or feed resources from your main to lowers? Do you sell
rewards from your lower accounts to benefit your main account? If you
answered yes to any of this, I think it states pretty clearly that is
breakage...

Actually, none of the things you mentioned here fall under any category in Part III of the EULA.

(I am going under the assumption that you are not using a bot, or a cheat to get the benefits that you are trading between accounts)

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:55 pm

...exactly, but something so simple as sending monsters for storage is an "exploit", otherwise there wouldn't be things like monster limits...I agree the way it is written, it doesn't say straight out you can't have two or more, but the reasons why people start muti accounting is to "obtain an advantage that is not intended"...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm

So even I have two devices, according to you, I can't have any interaction between the two account on "my devices?"

I'll shut my mouth now. As long as I'm enjoying the game, without braking any rule, I don't care what others are saying. Smile

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm

What I'm saying is that that isn't how the game is supposed to be played. That's all....and I am suspect of you only having two accounts...think I've seen links in the past that stay posted on your main that make this fairly obvious.

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:54 pm

keyser sose wrote:(iv) exploit or use cheats to obtain an advantage that is not intended;

Part III(iv) clearly states that bots, cheating, etc are unacceptable.
No it does not. It states that exploits and cheats that give unintended advantages are unacceptable.
What are exploits and cheats that give unintended advantages? One person puts bots in that category. Another adds alts. The real answer is that.. it is not about what YOU think an exploit is. It is about what G Team thinks an exploit is and what they will accept as "an intended advantage." So go and ask them if you wish to make a valid argument. Of course, you would have to hope that they give you more than a standard response. Good luck!

Frank Thomas wrote:What I'm saying is that that isn't how the game is supposed to be played.
Supposed to be played. As according to Frank Thomas who doesn't make the rules unless he is a G Team developer. Does he claim to be such?

Last edited by Event Horizon on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Okay, then please explain why they implement all kinds of rules in attempts to prevent people from creating these accounts...must just be doing it for fun huh? Must be why they took away free dark summons from the ally invite campaign, because they just wanted to have fun implementing structure? Monster limits not being tradeable? Must be because they just wanted extra rules for us to follow? Two week rule? Oh they just did that to do it? Yeah. Dream on.

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Frank Thomas wrote:Okay, then please explain why they implement all kinds of rules in attempts to prevent people from creating these accounts...must just be doing it for fun huh? Must be why they took away free dark summons from the ally invite campaign, because they just wanted to have fun implementing structure? Monster limits not being tradeable? Must be because they just wanted extra rules for us to follow? Two week rule? Oh they just did that to do it? Yeah. Dream on.
Who said that the rules were implemented to "prevent people from creating these accounts"? Did Frank Thomas, the lead G Team developer, do so?
If animals could talk, what do you suppose they would say? I think that when a dog barks at someone/thing that approaches it means that he wants him/her/it to stay away. But what if what the dog truly wants is to greet that someone/thing?

By the way, free dark summons were never part of the ally invite campaign. It makes you look bad when you regurgitate something that someone else wrongly said.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Thomas Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:20 pm

I don't care if I look bad for speaking my mind, and if I was so concerned about my "rep" I would have used my in game name for my forum name and have a banner showing my form etc. What is your speculation for the rule changes then? Still haven't heard...

Frank Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:24 pm

All those new rules don't prevent alts, they just make it less easy to spam their servers with junk inactive accounts that are just taking up space without generating profit for GTeam. Sorry, but I have to agree with everyone else, you're reading the same material from an angle that assumes GTeam cares about what you consider fair. Lemme spell it out for you: the only thing that GTeam cares about is profit.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Frank Thomas wrote:What is your speculation for the rule changes then? Still haven't heard...
That they are meant to limit the number of alt accounts. Not to prevent them. That they do more to hurt possible new players than their probably intended goal. A wooden dam to stop a raging river. Meanwhile, people who are still on the wrong side of that dam (and close to the shore) are drowning.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by reddog253 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 pm

In all games from baseball to Nascar racing, participants exploit the rule book or push the envelope to gain a competative advantage. The governing body of these events usually tweak the rules to counter these exploits. Thats what A Team does with these changes but untill they explicitly ban alts and come up with a way to enforce the rule, alts will be part of the game.

The problem I see with enforcing is my wife and I both play this game and on occasion we pass items back and forth between our accounts and help each other in the game. This would probably look like alt accounts to A Team.

Until I can afford to buy another platform to create an alt, I just have to accept the disadvantage or find another game.
reddog253
reddog253

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next