Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work?

4 posters

Go down

psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work? Empty psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work?

Post by JessicaMD Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

sooooo with the new creature raise event, everyone gets a 17bp ipd
creation, which isn't all that fantastic or interesting for sin and
rancor players.... but... I think Harrier Mushi may be a pretty good
monster who really opens up possibilities for psycho AA/A creation
forms!

I was thinking about maybe eventually transitioning to something like...

Leader: Devoid
Mushi
Nyar
Hall Cast
Seeker Quad

Would that team be any good? should have ipd/ipa and agi, also creation and psycho combo

And on that note; how much does Devoid cost right now?

If he's too expensive, are there any other good cheap psycho creations who could be used as lead for this team?

thanks!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work? Empty Re: psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work?

Post by ryesteve Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

I think you hit on the best option. Viper would be better than Devoid, but it'd be hard to get an event monster (even one that no one wants) for Devoid prices. The big problem is lack of skills... Hall has none, and Devoid's isn't super helpful.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work? Empty Re: psycho AA/A formation idea; will it work?

Post by Deathblob Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:21 pm

You could always start mixed:

Leader: Nyar
Mushi
Adan
DBE
Seeker Quad

My new form's working really well for me, and most my AA's are still just around lvl 100 (but everything is skill 19 or 20).
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 am

I've been seeing alot of devoids going for cheap in the auction house, around 30 ep. I have a hall cast+m too if you need one, can't seem to get rid of it, I'll take like 3 ep or dea or ded stacks if you want him. If you want just send a trade request.

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Deathblob wrote:You could always start mixed:

Leader: Nyar
Mushi
Adan
DBE
Seeker Quad

My new form's working really well for me, and most my AA's are still just around lvl 100 (but everything is skill 19 or 20).

at the risk of sounding incredibly superficial; the main reason I never had interest in creations before this moment is because I didn't like the way they look... I found psycho A creations to be pretty ugly in general, so it's actually the only psycho team I have never ever used (still have my demon form and my winged brutes lying around). The main reason I'm thinking about creations AA/A right now is because of the market crash and the new mushi (who I think looks good), which leaves me with actually a handful of monsters who I like aesthetically who could be an AA/A team which is realistically priced; I like the way Hall Cast, Mushi, Devoid, and Black Steel Viper look quite alot. but... I know black steel might be out of my price range at the moment, and even though I'm not a huge fan of nyar, I'm fine with sacrificing a bit of aesthetics for some firepower.

however, the thing is I don't really like adan and dbe. I mean sure, I understand they're useful. your current form could probably wipe the floor with my hypothetical form since those guys are AAs with good skills, but idk, I've never really built teams based on 'best possible', mainly 'looks good/works fine' has been my design criteria Razz (i.e. my ~140bp demon team used evilmoth instead of lewd)

echoside wrote:I've been seeing alot of devoids going for cheap in
the auction house, around 30 ep. I have a hall cast+m too if you need
one, can't seem to get rid of it, I'll take like 3 ep or dea or ded
stacks if you want him. If you want just send a trade request.

that's terrific news! thank you! I have a hall cast already Smile

ryesteve wrote:I think you hit on the best option. Viper would be
better than Devoid, but it'd be hard to get an event monster (even one
that no one wants) for Devoid prices. The big problem is lack of
skills... Hall has none, and Devoid's isn't super helpful.

I really do like viper, but how much does he cost now-a-days?

I guess in general I'm having a lot of trouble trying to even commit to an AA/A goal since I originally wanted to do wyrms, but it seems like you basically HAVE to be impulse or covert to do that, and I'm not really sure which other psycho AA formations look 'good' to me, with mushi out, creation is starting to look pretty good.

ty everyone for the input!
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 pm

To me, the big problem with wyrms is that you'll end up spending a fortune on skill changes to make a viable team. Or, join a big clan where they manage to win them every time they're offered, and buy them at a clan mate discount.

Haven't priced Vipers, but based on how other event monsters are being priced, I would expect something between 100-150 for a reg.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm

JessicaMD wrote:

however, the thing is I don't really like adan and dbe. I mean sure, I understand they're useful. your current form could probably wipe the floor with my hypothetical form since those guys are AAs with good skills, but idk, I've never really built teams based on 'best possible', mainly 'looks good/works fine' has been my design criteria Razz (i.e. my ~140bp demon team used evilmoth instead of lewd)

Lol, I totally understand. The main reason I started building an AA creation team is DBE is my favorite monster. Very Happy
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down