Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AA formation, go for species or guild?

+4
jbbiggdogg
ryesteve
Scratch102
qpwoalsk
8 posters

Go down

AA formation, go for species or guild? Empty AA formation, go for species or guild?

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 am

So I was wondering what's more effective if you had to choose
between going all 5 of same species such as demons or all 5 of same
guild as yours so you also get the 10% hidden bonus?

I see most players go for same guild but doesn't that make them
really prone to guild downs which is seen often in AA teams?

Species down has a lot lower encounter chance and although hits
twice as hard, is seen far less so doesnt that make cross guild same
species AA teams more worth it?

Ty.

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

AA formation, go for species or guild? Empty Re: AA formation, go for species or guild?

Post by Scratch102 Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am

I'm interested in this as well.

I am finishing my first AA+ formation now, decided to go the cheap route and got all Covert but the species mix is everywhere.

I figured the Rarity / Level / Guild combo bonus along with the 'hidden' MyGuild bonus was a better group than Rarity / Level / Species, but I may be wrong. Additionally, getting all one species can be expensive!

Watching for more input from others Smile
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

AA formation, go for species or guild? Empty Re: AA formation, go for species or guild?

Post by ryesteve Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Most do prefer guild for the extra bonus, but if you can end up with a much better skill mix by going species, you'd probably be better off with that.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Scratch102 wrote:I'm interested in this as well.

I am finishing my first AA+ formation now, decided to go the cheap route and got all Covert but the species mix is everywhere.

I figured the Rarity / Level / Guild combo bonus along with the 'hidden' MyGuild bonus was a better group than Rarity / Level / Species, but I may be wrong. Additionally, getting all one species can be expensive!

Watching for more input from others Smile

So whos in your team? I'm interested to kow the cheap route for convert. I can
guess two of them being DBE and DRu right?

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm

ryesteve wrote:I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Most do prefer guild for the extra bonus, but if you can end up with a much better skill mix by going species, you'd probably be better off with that.

Yea I realised too its really about which one can give you access to all the essential skills.

But I'm in a predicament right now, I have a creation team of:

Holy+m(11)
Adan+m(20)
Nyar+m(20)
Dbe+m(20)
Rot Cast+m

However I dont have access to IPD and DED for creation(unless skill spirit), which made me thought whether I should just forget about the creation bonus, swap out holy and cast for my
Gold Gorger+m(20) and Dru+m(20) giving me all the essential skills. ipa ipd dea ded hp ?

Would it be more worth it?

Last edited by qpwoalsk on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by jbbiggdogg Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm

I would think it depends on species whether or not all the same guild matters as well as a mix of skills. I am going for a winged wyrm team that will not be guild specific but I really doubt that extra % is going to hurt me at all.
jbbiggdogg
jbbiggdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:40 pm

qpwoalsk wrote:So whos in your team? I'm interested to kow the cheap route for convert. I can
guess two of them being DBE and DRu right?

Yep, I went Dru, Odin, DBE... all + and ended up costing me under 50ep all things considered. Then I was gifted a Terra+ and got AssCast+ for dirt cheap. Just yesterday finished getting Dru to (20), good timing with the influx of cheap stacks from VL. So it is basically a full team for under 100ep easy, IPD / DEA / Imp- so not perfect but useable. I'd love to get skill spirits for Terra and ACast, but that is waaay down the road.

Plus I'm only lvl 53 so I don't have much to worry about from A+ teams, and can always revert to my wyrms for ...issues. Smile
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

jbbiggdogg wrote:I would think it depends on species whether or not all the same guild matters as well as a mix of skills. I am going for a winged wyrm team that will not be guild specific but I really doubt that extra % is going to hurt me at all.

There is almost enough Covert to stay guild, my long LONG term goal is to get Wingarm / DoD / Vanity and put say IPA on Terra, then just run it with Lind+m(20)... but that of course loses some combos but gains Guild / Winged / Wyrm which is still nice.

...and NO Wyrm Down *yet*
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

jbbiggdogg wrote:I would think it depends on species whether or not all the same guild matters as well as a mix of skills. I am going for a winged wyrm team that will not be guild specific but I really doubt that extra % is going to hurt me at all.

Ye well obviously if we had the ep everyone would go the stronger teams lol.
Demons for example have every skill ipd ipa ded dea hp

Wyrms are great because no wyrm down and have ipa ipd ded, but I heard hp up is needed
in AA teams just like how A+ teams need Agi. So I'm not sure how strong wyrms will be,
but obviously if u have the 40 bp ones like ash, raminas, vanity thats already a huge bonus.

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Scratch102 wrote:

There is almost enough Covert to stay guild, my long LONG term goal is to get Wingarm / DoD / Vanity and put say IPA on Terra, then just run it with Lind+m(20)... but that of course loses some combos but gains Guild / Winged / Wyrm which is still nice.

...and NO Wyrm Down *yet*

Yea i think with ur covert AA team, you wont lose to any A+ teams because IPD and DEA
makes AA teams impossible to kill unless they have covert down too lol.

I think most people go guilds because its cheaper to get the essential skills, I think only
a few species have all the skills without need of spirits.

Wyrms are really expensive though lol

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:57 pm

qpwoalsk wrote:Wyrms are really expensive though lol

Tell me about it. Getting just a + version of the big three looks around 1000ep?? Makes my brain hurt. I'm going to have better luck trying to rank for a skill spirit vs trying to save up ep like that!
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm

qpwoalsk wrote:
ryesteve wrote:I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Most do prefer guild for the extra bonus, but if you can end up with a much better skill mix by going species, you'd probably be better off with that.

Yea I realised too its really about which one can give you access to all the essential skills.

Holy+m(11)
Adan+m(20)
Nyar+m(20)
Dbe+m(20)
Rot Cast+m(20)

However I dont have access to IPD and DED for creation(unless skill spirit), which made me thought whether I should just forget about the creation bonus, swap out holy and cast for my
Gold Gorger+m(20) and Dru+m(20) giving me all the essential skills. ipa ipd dea ded hp ?

What skill have you got on your Rot Cast?

I'm trying to build almost exactly the same form, but initially I'm going even cheaper with a Hall Cast instead of Holy. Just need to pick up a couple of Nyars now, and evolve/skill/level my Adans and DBEs. And I'm hoping for the release of some new creations! By the time my Adan is ready (this summer? Smile), there may be a new one out.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Deathblob wrote:
qpwoalsk wrote:

Holy+m(11)
Adan+m(20)
Nyar+m(20)
Dbe+m(20)
Rot Cast+m(20)

What skill have you got on your Rot Cast?

I'm trying to build almost exactly the same form, but initially I'm going even cheaper with a Hall Cast instead of Holy. Just need to pick up a couple of Nyars now, and evolve/skill/level my Adans and DBEs. And I'm hoping for the release of some new creations! By the time my Adan is ready (this summer? Smile), there may be a new one out.

Lol with my team its really the adan and holy that costs a lot. I would suggest you buy the Adan, maxing hp up to 20 will cost you a lot more then buying cheap now when prices are down.
Dbe and Nyar is good to level yourself though, they are going for really cheap +m or + versions.

Having too casts though, I don't know how effective that will be. I find my Cast lacking a bit, was thinking of swapping him for a devoid +m or like I said, swapping GGD and Dru.

THe biggest problem in my team is DBE! lol That dum insect just sits there all day absorbing sunlight doing jack all with his 9k attack, and guess what? He's the last to be attacked because he frickin has 14k health! lol Dam at least he could absorb damage for my Nyar, Adan and Holy but no he is shiet useless lol

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 pm

Scratch102 wrote:
qpwoalsk wrote:Wyrms are really expensive though lol

Tell me about it. Getting just a + version of the big three looks around 1000ep?? Makes my brain hurt. I'm going to have better luck trying to rank for a skill spirit vs trying to save up ep like that!

Yea, GGD and Wingarm can go cheaper at around 250 for +m if you look hard. But banished, moon, and ASH omg ash lol....maybe another life

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm

the new psycho event AA black steel viper is a 37bp creation wih DEA, and it has decent atk too. not sure what covert and sin AAs are though

qpwoalsk wrote:

Yea,
GGD and Wingarm can go cheaper at around 250 for +m if you look hard.
But banished, moon, and ASH omg ash lol....maybe another life

moon isnt so bad, reg can be had for 140 easy so get 2 and plus and lvl ur self, its skill is cheap to lvl as well, easily under 300 overall to make/buy moon+m(20). Ash is still kinda expensive but its price is coming down as well.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 am

qpwoalsk wrote:
Lol with my team its really the adan and holy that costs a lot. I would suggest you buy the Adan, maxing hp up to 20 will cost you a lot more then buying cheap now when prices are down.
Dbe and Nyar is good to level yourself though, they are going for really cheap +m or + versions.

Having too casts though, I don't know how effective that will be. I find my Cast lacking a bit, was thinking of swapping him for a devoid +m or like I said, swapping GGD and Dru.

THe biggest problem in my team is DBE! lol That dum insect just sits there all day absorbing sunlight doing jack all with his 9k attack, and guess what? He's the last to be attacked because he frickin has 14k health! lol Dam at least he could absorb damage for my Nyar, Adan and Holy but no he is shiet useless lol

Thanks for the info. I'm EP-less, pretty much. I got one Adan through a Terra+M and Venus+, and the other Adan for some mix of EP and cards. I can't even afford an Adan+1(1) I saw going for 80E.

It's going to be a long hard slog selling/trading DED stacks for EP to buy health singles. But everybody needs a hobby, right? Smile

DBE is the main reason I'm building the creation form, just because I think he looks cool, like a mutated Tick. Sad to hear I'm going to hate him. Very Happy
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 am

applesauce wrote:the new psycho event AA black steel viper is a 37bp creation wih DEA, and it has decent atk too. not sure what covert and sin AAs are though

qpwoalsk wrote:

Yea,
GGD and Wingarm can go cheaper at around 250 for +m if you look hard.
But banished, moon, and ASH omg ash lol....maybe another life

moon isnt so bad, reg can be had for 140 easy so get 2 and plus and lvl ur self, its skill is cheap to lvl as well, easily under 300 overall to make/buy moon+m(20). Ash is still kinda expensive but its price is coming down as well.

Yea but for me 300ep takes a while haha. Maybe I should start ranking in events now,
I'm level 70, should be enough.

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm

qpwoalsk wrote:THe biggest problem in my team is DBE! lol That dum insect just sits there all day absorbing sunlight doing jack all with his 9k attack, and guess what? He's the last to be attacked because he frickin has 14k health! lol Dam at least he could absorb damage for my Nyar, Adan and Holy but no he is shiet useless lol

Whoah what? What is DBE doing/not doing?

...and what skill did you put on Rot Cast? I'm debating a skill myself, so just wondering.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatdowncity Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Same Guild with different species is generally the best thing you can do for a few reasons...

1. Species down ruins your same species team, guild down isn't a bad debuff
2. You can always find a health up monster, each guild has a few now
3. You don't corner yourself into using bad AA just to keep your bonus, you can use the 5 best AA for your guild

Of course there are some exceptions, such as crawlers/wyrms who have no worry about species down.

If you can pull together 5 quality winged AA different species same guild including health up, that's the dream team.
Beatdowncity
Beatdowncity

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am

Scratch102 wrote:
qpwoalsk wrote:THe biggest problem in my team is DBE! lol That dum insect just sits there all day absorbing sunlight doing jack all with his 9k attack, and guess what? He's the last to be attacked because he frickin has 14k health! lol Dam at least he could absorb damage for my Nyar, Adan and Holy but no he is shiet useless lol

Whoah what? What is DBE doing/not doing?

...and what skill did you put on Rot Cast? I'm debating a skill myself, so just wondering.

What I mean is Dbe does no damage he only has 9k attack. And he also has the most health so he dies last Sad.

And why does everyone assume I put skill on cast lol. Thats a massive waste...

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am

Beatdowncity wrote:Same Guild with different species is generally the best thing you can do for a few reasons...

1. Species down ruins your same species team, guild down isn't a bad debuff
2. You can always find a health up monster, each guild has a few now
3. You don't corner yourself into using bad AA just to keep your bonus, you can use the 5 best AA for your guild

Of course there are some exceptions, such as crawlers/wyrms who have no worry about species down.

If you can pull together 5 quality winged AA different species same guild including health up, that's the dream team.

tyty

Thanks for answering my question lol

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 pm

qpwoalsk wrote:

Holy+m(11)
Adan+m(20)
Nyar+m(20)
Dbe+m(20)
Rot Cast+m(20)

i have so far avoided this discussion only because i had nothing to add, but let me answer your last question, qp, as far as why everyone "assumes" you put a skill on rot cast. i'm sorry to say, but it's cuz you posted your rot as +m(20), as the highlighted part of the quote shows. i'm sure it was just habit that made you add the (20) part, lol, but that's why everyone is asking you that.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 am

Armitaage wrote:
qpwoalsk wrote:

Holy+m(11)
Adan+m(20)
Nyar+m(20)
Dbe+m(20)
Rot Cast+m(20)

i have so far avoided this discussion only because i had nothing to add, but let me answer your last question, qp, as far as why everyone "assumes" you put a skill on rot cast. i'm sorry to say, but it's cuz you posted your rot as +m(20), as the highlighted part of the quote shows. i'm sure it was just habit that made you add the (20) part, lol, but that's why everyone is asking you that.

O lol Thanks for telling me Armitaage. Yea habit.

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down