Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow problem since Jellybean Update

3 posters

Go down

Slow problem since Jellybean Update Empty Slow problem since Jellybean Update

Post by strewart Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 am

Well, today my Samsung Galaxy S3 updated to Jellybean. As a result of that, doing the Missions is now so slow its almost not worth doing. This is hard to explain but I will try as best I can.

I used to be able to just repeatedly hit the 'Do It' button on missions, it would cycle through my energy fairly fast and skip through the mission progress screen and whatever monster/flower I received screen. For the first mission, I could use 1 energy/second, usually a bit faster.

Now it has changed so if I keep hitting the button before waiting for it to show the Mision Progress screen, it simply won't do anything. I have to click once and wait for the screen to update, then click again for it to change to show what I received and wait, then click again to go back to the missions screen. Sometimes that last click is pretty unresponsive as well. This has increased the time it takes by 5 or 6 times, so it is significantly and annoyingly slower than it used to be.

It appears to be somehow related to the response of clicking the screen I think. While before, it pretty much just kept building up clicks if I kept tapping it, now it restarts the loading of the mission progress window every time it is clicked. I know ipads suffer from this problem as well.

The rest of the game still runs ok, the rest of the phone still runs fine, and I have tried a few things like restarting the phone and deleting a few apps (I have hardly any installed) but no luck yet. Is there a setting I can change or something I can do to fix it and make it go back to how it was? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

strewart

Back to top Go down

Slow problem since Jellybean Update Empty Re: Slow problem since Jellybean Update

Post by Armitaage Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 am

well, there's a few questions you need to answer before anything else:

1. how important is jellybean to you? is it hurting you more than it is helping you?

2. how old is your phone? has the warranty expired?

3. do you know what rooting is and the things you can do on a rooted phone?

4. only if you answered yes to 2 and 3, is your phone already rooted?

depending on your answers to these questions, it may be possible to return your phone back to ice cream sandwich via rooting, then downloading and installing a compatible ics rom. you should NOT resort to this if you actually use the features of jellybean or if your warranty has not expired yet.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Slow problem since Jellybean Update Empty Re: Slow problem since Jellybean Update

Post by strewart Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:08 am

My phone is only about 2-3 months old, so still in warranty... I hadn't even heard of jellybean until the phone forced me to update, so I don't use any of the features, have done a bit of research since and don't really see that much difference that applies to me.

I vaguely know what rooting is, but don't know how.

It seems part of the problem is that for about 50% of the time, when I click to do a mission it doesn't actually recognise me pressing the screen. The sensitivity is fine since it still works fine everywhere else. I also think part of the problem is there is a lot more memory usage and background stuff going on now, I've tried to kill a lot of it with a little bit of success.

I'm in Australia so jellybean is actually only starting to roll out now very slowly on a couple of phone types. I'm assuming there has been a DS update at some point to optimize it with the software?

strewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 am

depending on your phone's brand and model, rooting is done in slightly different ways. one thing to consider about rooting is that it WILL most likely void your warranty. as far as i know, there's been no new updates for ds on android, though i don't really check in with the playstore all that often, so i may be wrong. if playstore doesn't have an update, depending on how important it is to you and how much you care for warranties, you may consider rooting your phone. since you're on 4.1, i would search the xda-developers forum and see if there's rooting apps developed for android 4.1 yet, as well as 4.0 roms compatible with your phone, IF you choose to go that route.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Corruptt Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 pm

I have the exact same issue. The game takes at least 3-5 seconds between screen clicks other wise they are not recognized. I have a HTC DNA and it came stock with JB. I don't even think there is an ICS rom out there for it yet, and if there was id never downgrade to an inferior version of android. Shouldn't it be an app update to fix this and not a user side fix ?

Corruptt

Back to top Go down

Post by strewart Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

A-team may not know of any issues. I sent them an email, and they suggested clearing the cache of the game. If anything that slowed things down for a while as it had to reload all the images, it certainly didn't improve things...

I'm not too sure ICS is inferior, I haven't seen anything in JB that overly excites me. But thats a different issue I guess.

strewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Corruptt Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:08 am

The speed of JB is amazing over ICS on multiple devices. I had ICS on one of my phones i rooted it when i heard it wasn't getting the JB update and put a custom JB rom on it and the thing flew. Everything is more fluid and faster in JB they changed some of the coding i believe. Its all over the XDA forums. I would clear the cache but there is no reason to clear the cache for me because it has done it since day one. I havent been able to switch to the new screen by tapping in under 3 seconds per screen, if i tap it to quick it doesnt even react like i even touched it.

Corruptt

Back to top Go down

Post by strewart Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 am

Yep mine has the exact same problem, and you are probably right that it should be an update to fix it.

strewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Corruptt Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Does anyone know a fix for this issue, without rooting and downgrading to ICS ?

Also does anyone ever have the same problem with there phone or tablet ?

Corruptt

Back to top Go down

Post by strewart Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 am

I haven't found a solution yet unfortunately... I assume it will need to be an update that A-team does at some point.

strewart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down