Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG SURPRISE ON 12/25!!!

+30
Bestron2
somebodyinmd
Maduk
jbbiggdogg
Ologolos
mosher999
Scratch102
Deathwish
silentsong
Xoct
Jezebel Demonshire
Marked0001
Armitaage
fireatwill
overseer07
NghiaLe
Event Horizon
Horg
applesauce
JessicaMD
Bobertson
zzz1998
Defiant
SwtLaotiaNix7
verbalkintify
yinston
bacsiha
ryesteve
geeeeeeeeeeeee
Jewelguy
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BIG SURPRISE ON 12/25!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: BIG SURPRISE ON 12/25!!!

Post by Defiant Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 am

Defiant wrote:I found out what the christmas suprise is. It comes in 2 parts.

Firstly, there will be a lucky draw event, kinda like slots. You get 5 free rolls to win something from a prize list.

The second part is in the form of a Christmas bundle, consisting of My Potions, some gold and also a special summon that gives us a random Christmas Monster, guild specific.

I'm just kidding, it's just my guess. I bet some of you believed it before you got to this bit though. Laughing

Happy Holidays Everyone! Wink

I was pretty close. Doh.

Not much of a suprise tbh. And some ppl already guessed of A Team introducing monsters superior to AA rank.

Defiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:58 am

Notice that the lottery uses the same banner as a previous lottery including where it says "3 Million Downloads". That's right. We already had a 3 million downloads lottery. Shouldn't it say "4 Million Downloads" since DS recently reached that milestone?
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:13 am

Scratch102 wrote:Makes little sense... why make it bind on pickup (feels like WoW again) unless they just want to avoid an incoming flood from people with 10+ accounts on BS getting all these free dark summons etc etc...

But @XJF - very true...picture all the point shifting this will cause. 3 months down the road someone can make a 5x AAA team, 500bp needed.... ouch.

I was under the impression they took away free dark summons for new accounts in October, so this excuse is invalid.

I think the viability of AAA monsters is very low, bordering on the absurd, sure they're strong. I feel it's more about the prestige than actual usability.
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 am

XJF wrote:
I was under the impression they took away free dark summons for new accounts in October, so this excuse is invalid.

I think the viability of AAA monsters is very low, bordering on the absurd, sure they're strong. I feel it's more about the prestige than actual usability.

True, but the first point I meant the people who already have the spam of extra accounts/etc... Say you are running 10 VMs on your machine, 10 accounts, 4 summons from the Stamps, etc etc... any *new* accounts won't get these dark summons as you said.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:28 am

it might be a bit more than just prestige, it may be that they are attempting to level the playing field in events a bit. by giving players an extra incentive to invest more points in bp, they invariably make it harder to rank in standard events, which heavily rely on energy. once the AAAs become tradeable, more and more players will start using them in forms. this will also have an effect on battle rankings too, making juicing/honor farming much, much harder too. yes, i know what y'all will say: "i'm not using it in form cuz it's cost is too high". here's my reply: you will eventually start using it in form, especially when they raise the player level cap too. as more and more use it, more and more will need one to beat those teams. more importantly, more and more will need to field full AA+ teams, A+ will not cut it.

yeah, i know it's a disorganized ramble, but i honestly think that ateam thought it over carefully before deciding on the 100 bp cost. face it, between AAA monsters and bp events becoming more common, you now need to invest a fair bit more in bp to survive.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:36 am

But how much bp would you suggest we have? Perhaps double of your own party bp?

Defiant

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:07 pm

lol, that will depend on your party and what you are comfortable with, as wll as your level. 224 bp is not really unreasonable, but a bit low if you're running impulse demon AA+ with War Arm God, Maartehm+(the impulse AAA+). again, i can't tell you what you should have, the answer to that is individual, but what you should not have is only 80, or even 112, bp. not with AAA+ here on the scene.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Jewelguy wrote:Notice that the stats for the three new AAAs are "MAX" stats meaning stats when maxed out, not when received.
But I feel it's safe to assume that with 100BP their base stats may still be on par with a few A+ monsters some of us run Crying or Very sad

Scratch102 wrote:True, but the first point I meant the people who already have the spam of extra accounts/etc... Say you are running 10 VMs on your machine, 10 accounts, 4 summons from the Stamps, etc etc... any *new* accounts won't get these dark summons as you said.
Ok, that's understandable. Just sort of skimming posts today lol

Armitaage wrote:it might be a bit more than just prestige, it may be that they are attempting to level the playing field in events a bit. by giving players an extra incentive to invest more points in bp, they invariably make it harder to rank in standard events, which heavily rely on energy. once the AAAs become tradeable, more and more players will start using them in forms. this will also have an effect on battle rankings too, making juicing/honor farming much, much harder too. yes, i know what y'all will say: "i'm not using it in form cuz it's cost is too high". here's my reply: you will eventually start using it in form, especially when they raise the player level cap too. as more and more use it, more and more will need one to beat those teams. more importantly, more and more will need to field full AA+ teams, A+ will not cut it.
I see what you're getting at, by forcing some of the stronger people to invest in having more Battle Points, they'll have less Energy Points and might make it less easy for them to rank in events. Which is definitely a valid point. I currently have 200battle points, which i think is too many considering that my current party only requires 126. Seeing as how I am not too much into battlee rankings and gaining mass amounts of Honor Points. The only reason I'm not is because of my inevitable migration to an AA/+ party. Figured I'd save myself the trouble of redistribution.
But back to the point, the people I believe you're referring to are also the same people who have boatloads of EP to spend, which I think is the more important factor, imo
If you have 1000's of EP, not having quite as many energy points seems like a small hurdle.

Maybe they made them untradeable so it wouldn't hurt the AA/+ market? With all the high level players wanting to go to AAA, there'd be a flood of AA/+ to the market which would lower value of some, maybe not substantially, but the value would drop nonetheless as they become less desirable. But what do I know? What a Face
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:28 pm

XJF wrote:Maybe they made them untradeable so it wouldn't hurt the AA/+ market? With all the high level players wanting to go to AAA, there'd be a flood of AA/+ to the market which would lower value of some, maybe not substantially, but the value would drop nonetheless as they become less desirable. But what do I know? What a Face

that certainly is likely to be part of it, same as protecting the A+ market. with AA+ monsters flooding the market, A+ monster values would drop through the floor(except for victoria, vanargandr, and donner, they'll likely retain their values, if only because they're so rare).

but those having thousands of ep will certainly care when 1 ep only gets them through 20 floors with a prog+ instead of 30 floors. it would cost them even more ep to get to the same amount of floors, while the price they can get for the reward AA will remain more or less constant, therefore it will be less profit for them. again, it's no small thing when suddenly you need 250+ bp just to be able to attack once with your formation, lol. assuming that you need 250 bp for your form now, at max level you cannot have more than 1000 energy as a result. and if you need more than 250...
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm

SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:My prediction either a change to the battle system or the next class after aa

Smile

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Just saw one of the AA's on a lvl 200, and in formation/summary when you look at them, the damn background is animated. A Team went all out on this LOL
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Yea one of my clanmates was able to summon Allades this morning...the animation is sweet...

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:39 pm

SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:Yea one of my clanmates was able to summon Allades this morning...the animation is sweet...

cue the bragging rights of having one of our clan members get one of the first AAA in existence, lol. given their insane rarity, there's maybe 20 in the game as we speak, if that. <::Sinnerz::}xx{o ftw!
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Demosnam Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Woop Woop, I got one too!

Demosnam

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Demosnam wrote:Woop Woop, I got one too!

I can verify this. The first one I saw and possible the very first one summoned!

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3