Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have to ask, googling is getting bleh

+4
bacsiha
applesauce
faithnomorex
Scratch102
8 posters

Go down

Have to ask, googling is getting bleh Empty Have to ask, googling is getting bleh

Post by Scratch102 Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm

So... this has nothing to do with any sort of secret way of cheating etc etc

I just wanted to know if it is at all possible to purge the game from my phone, and restart with a new account. I ran into this with Rage of Bahamut, there was no way to wipe data and restart, found DS and have been enjoying it but just want to start over.

Is there any way to do this on the same device? Or am I looking at wiping the device and loading a new kernel etc?

Appreciate it.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Have to ask, googling is getting bleh Empty Re: Have to ask, googling is getting bleh

Post by faithnomorex Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:05 pm

I haven't tried it myself, but you could try sending your current account to a new device (or emulator). That should lock your current device from being able to use it, which may give you the ability to create a new account.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Have to ask, googling is getting bleh Empty Re: Have to ask, googling is getting bleh

Post by applesauce Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:48 pm

if you are abandoning your old account, simply uninstal the game from your phone. when you reinstall it you can then either make a new account or do a transfer(assuming u have the id and iid of the account). the game isnt tied to any specific phone, just the installation that was on the phone, hence uninstalling removes the current account data

if you want to move the stuff from the old account, either

find someone you know irl with a game account and move your stuff to them then gift it back to your new account.

or

get another device/emulator and transfer your old account to the new device/emulater, start new account on your phone and gift stuff from the emulator to your phone.
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:55 pm

The emulator is an interesting idea...

but yes I am abandoning my current account completely, so just uninstalling and reinstalling may be the best first option. I'll reply once I've done it and see how I can get this done.

Thanks.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:28 pm

just know that you can only delete/re-install so many times(i think like 9 or 10) before they ban the device. which will require more work to get it working on said device anagin
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 pm

if you use iDevices, you must restore to be able to make a new account

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:05 pm

I can't speak for the android version, but in the apple world, there is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Uninstalling and reinstalling WILL LOAD THE SAME DATA.

Importing your game data to a new device does NOT lock the old device. Even if the old device has DS deleted, if it ever gets reinstalled, your data is still going to show up on that machine.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:25 pm

oh whoops, you guys are correctly, should have mentioned i was talking about the andriod version
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 am

Yes, I an on android as well. Sorry for the confusion.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewelguy Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:17 am

I had to uninstall and reinstall it (Android) on two separate occasions due to problems with the game. Every time I reinstalled it, my account automatically was there/logged in. It did not start a new account for me or give me a choice of starting a new one or not. Hope this info helps.
Jewelguy
Jewelguy

https://www.facebook.com/wirelessjewelguy

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 am

Jewelguy wrote:I had to uninstall and reinstall it (Android) on two separate occasions due to problems with the game. Every time I reinstalled it, my account automatically was there/logged in. It did not start a new account for me or give me a choice of starting a new one or not. Hope this info helps.

interesting, which version are you using, i did it on my old phone once and it resets
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:29 pm

I think there is a difference between just an uninstall and wiping app data etc...it may require more but I'll see what works. ...and yes this is for an Android device.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:06 am

For android devices:
Settings - Applications - Menage Applications - Find Dark Summoner - Clear Cache - if previous step is not enough -> clear data

For apple devices - go buy 2nd xD *grins evil*
episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm

For apple device. A factory reset will allow you to start a new account.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 pm

oh right follow-up... Force Stop, Clear App Data, Clear Cache, Uninstall, Store (Reinstall) worked. Rebooted and bam asks for new account.

Also go google BlueStacks, this seems to work in the department of moving things to another device.

Twisted Evil
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum