Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEAMS!!!!!!!!

+6
ryesteve
geeeeeeeeeeeee
General Osf
kheimon
HelloKitty
robinsonsteve62
10 posters

Go down

TEAMS!!!!!!!! Empty TEAMS!!!!!!!!

Post by robinsonsteve62 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 am

So I am putting together psycho demon and brute teams to sell. But is it worth it. I see all these teams in the AH. Are they selling. Do they actually get the usual 150-250ep (depending on skill level)they are asking for or do they end up having to part the team out. My theory is that the people who can actually afford those numbers of ep probably already have a good team or I am not thinking it out right. I guess I'm just trying figure out if its even worth selling maxed teams or if I should just stick to alone A+s, crystals, and skills for my income......thoughts.

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

TEAMS!!!!!!!! Empty Re: TEAMS!!!!!!!!

Post by HelloKitty Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:28 am

I wonder the same thing about selling a finished team. I think it would make more sense to sell them off individually to people that are trying to put the team together. I also found it's easier to go through the top ranked players to look for people to sell to, than the auctions.
HelloKitty
HelloKitty

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 am

In my personal experience, selling teams is not that easy. Part of the fun in this game is to build your own team. Buying one that's already finished feels like using someone else's team rather than your own. Also, most of the people who need the team you're selling don't have the EPs it is worth. You will usually get better return when selling team members individually, although you could get lucky and win jackpot for your whole team.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Agree, In my experience is easier to sell monsta individually, i used to put teams in auction and players would send me message telling me they only needed one or two monsters.

I use completed teams when making a bid for AA or other great monsta.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by geeeeeeeeeeeee Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:20 pm

That's what some people try to do: buy individuals cheap and then sell the entire team for a markup price. I wouldn't try to build teams then to resell as it is painfully time consuming to find each member cheap. Also the auction house has starting bids that are 10-30% markup from the most expensive price you'll ever find. Scrolling through the first 10 pages of the AH I typically see maybe 3-5 reasonable demands/price

geeeeeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 pm

General Osf wrote:I use completed teams when making a bid for AA or other great monsta.
Can you give examples of when that's worked? I've tried that a few times with no luck at all. What teams, and what AAs?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by geeeeeeeeeeeee Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 am

ryesteve wrote:
General Osf wrote:I use completed teams when making a bid for AA or other great monsta.
Can you give examples of when that's worked? I've tried that a few times with no luck at all. What teams, and what AAs?

I've done it once or twice. It only worked for me when the seller was explicitly looking for a maxed team. My two instances where trading a A+ (20) sin wyrm team for tengen and trading a sin A+ demon team for sara + (20) note this was maybe 2-3 months ago so the prices were in the same range.

geeeeeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:44 pm

geeeeeeeeeeeee wrote:That's what some people try to do: buy individuals cheap and then sell the entire team for a markup price. I wouldn't try to build teams then to resell as it is painfully time consuming to find each member cheap. Also the auction house has starting bids that are 10-30% markup from the most expensive price you'll ever find. Scrolling through the first 10 pages of the AH I typically see maybe 3-5 reasonable demands/price

That's your problem. You browse the first 10 page of auction. They are there for rich players who don't care to over spend for the convenience of not browsing. The auctioneer spends 1-10 million to get there so of course they demand a premium to recover that cost. The rest of the auction house are more reasonable its just a pain n the *** to get to those pages.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm

ryesteve wrote:

I have sold many teams. Starting with one of the first rancor winged wyrm for Firelord when Firelord just came out. A recent example is a psycho demon team for Grizel.

it is getting much harder to sell team than it use to as the price of AA drop but the popular unsummonable A+ has fallen less so it becomes easier and more profitable to sell off pieces than the whole team. For new players it is far more effective to sell their summonable AA for a team than to keep that AA which will lose value before they can use it.

I just like building teams so even if it takes awhile to sell. I don't particularly care.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by geeeeeeeeeeeee Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 pm

kyan wrote:
geeeeeeeeeeeee wrote:That's what some people try to do: buy individuals cheap and then sell the entire team for a markup price. I wouldn't try to build teams then to resell as it is painfully time consuming to find each member cheap. Also the auction house has starting bids that are 10-30% markup from the most expensive price you'll ever find. Scrolling through the first 10 pages of the AH I typically see maybe 3-5 reasonable demands/price

That's your problem. You browse the first 10 page of auction. They are there for rich players who don't care to over spend for the convenience of not browsing. The auctioneer spends 1-10 million to get there so of course they demand a premium to recover that cost. The rest of the auction house are more reasonable its just a pain n the *** to get to those pages.

Kyan

Rest of the auctionhouse reasonable? The only time i go through the auction house is on the weekends with AA filter. Through 50-60 some pages I still find vast the majority of the start bid prices and demands laughable. If you're referring to finding A/A+ for reasonable price maybe but as you said, its a pain. Until they do something about the filter its honestly not worth my time to scan through 400-500 pages.

geeeeeeeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 pm

I said more reasonable than the first 10 pages. If you're looking for cheap deals, AH isn't the place for it unless you're willing to scroll through pages which obviously you weren't.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm

On somewhat of a sidenote, it seems to be popular for people to post EP auctions at times when players are desperate for EP in order to rank, so players will bid monsters like 4x the actual value of the auction. I offered my spite+m(17), devil ripper+m(7), and a WWSP+(5) for a 40 EP auction because I was lazy and went for a guaranteed 40 EP. I got rejected. God help whoever outbid me on that auction.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am

U know speaking of shuffleing though the auction....anyone else start from the last page or is it just me....

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

I always start from last page. The highest ep I ever had in my account would not cover 1% the price that the first page people are asking so why start there.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:45 pm

robinsonsteve62 wrote:U know speaking of shuffleing though the auction....anyone else start from the last page or is it just me....

me2. If I browse Ah at all. The first 5-10 pages are usually so unreasonable. Its not worth my time.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

I start at the first page then go to about page 100 and start looking there. Those are the golden auctions. There are many auctions with good stuff, but they hardly ever get any bids because people hardly ever take the time to go to the middle of the auction house.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 am

silentsong wrote:I start at the first page then go to about page 100 and start looking there. Those are the golden auctions. There are many auctions with good stuff, but they hardly ever get any bids because people hardly ever take the time to go to the middle of the auction house.

True. It just takes so long to get there that I only do it on rare occasions.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkXSin Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 am

Do you think A-team will change the way you scroll through the Auction house to make it easier to reach the middle?

DarkXSin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 am

DarkXSin wrote:Do you think A-team will change the way you scroll through the Auction house to make it easier to reach the middle?

I doubt it. If they do that than they can suck the gold of the economy as it will be less incentive to get to the top posts.

kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down