Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+

4 posters

Go down

Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+ Empty Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+

Post by Merciless Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:23 am

Well recently I traded my;

1.5mil gold
5 bp
Unforgiving Eifu (A+)
Ebony Demon
Ring Dragon

for the following;

MLD+ (lvl 50) (Skill lvl 3)
Ladon+
Flame Tarasque+
Dragon of Mars
Dragon of Uranus

Was that good deal? Because my friend said I offered too much gold and stuff for what I got. I don't think I did at all. Who is right?

I personally thought I got a lot for what I was offered. What do you all think?

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+ Empty Re: Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+

Post by larry378 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

noooo, not a particularly good deal

1.5m = roughly 15 ep
bp are roughly .5ep (2.5)
Eifu is 2-4 (3), 6 for +
Ebony is 2-4(3)
ring is 1-2 (1.5)

That adds up to 28ep worth

MLDs go for 6-10 (­8­) 16 for +
Ladon/Tarasque are essentially usefully SOLELY as skill sacrifices
Mars is 1ep brute down fodder
Uranus is 2-4ep (3)

That adds up to 20ep worth
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+ Empty Re: Trading question: Magic Light Dragon+

Post by Dark Impact Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Meh.

I think you did fine.

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciless Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Ah that's where I calculated wrong then. I was told by someone 1ep = 200k, not 100k. Oh well, live and learn...

And I guess it is a matter of opinion since Dark Impact thinks I did fine. But looking at the figures, I see where you are coming from.

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciless Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 pm

On the other hand I often see people in auction asking for 30-40ep min just for a MLD+ maxed, with skill between 5-7

I even seen a couple auction 20ep min for a MLD regular. It is so hard to work out the average value of each card :S

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm

The auction house is a terrible indicator of prices. Aside from the first few pages,which are legitimate high end full formations, the other couple hundred are 90% sucker bait and insane demands, and 6% clueless folks who someone will try lowball, 3.5% organized gold trades and dedicated banks

s a general rule of thumb, avoid the auction house like the plague.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Yeah, the way I see it, MLD is at roughly the price of balrog, so a MLD+ for what you payed is great.

Especially because things that are worth a certain amount of ep aren't worth as much as ep itself, so you got pretty lucky paying with a medley of stuff and all Very Happy

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Mld is simply not the same price as a balrog. Dont take my word for it, try asking somewhere else. Better yet, try trade a mld for a balrog. Beyond proving me wrong, you'll cut a 50+% ROI if you pull that off
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciless Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah I think I will have to stop looking at auction house to "check prices".

However, those people who post auctions also exist outside of the auction house. It is hard to find a genuine trader not after the shirt off your back. I had one guy trying to get my whole wish list of eifu, sbd, seta, kanna and another card just for a regular ring dragon. One guy even wanted a few cards just so he would accept my ally invite... Even thugs play here lol. The nice difference from real life is, here, you can just walk away and ignore them without being stabbed or shot XD

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Dark Impact wrote:Yeah, the way I see it, MLD is at roughly the price of balrog, so a MLD+ for what you payed is great.

Especially because things that are worth a certain amount of ep aren't worth as much as ep itself, so you got pretty lucky paying with a medley of stuff and all Very Happy

larry378 is correct, balrog is worth more, and if you spent any time looking at all u can easily find mld+1(1) for under 20(spend long enough u may find it for 10 lol), balrog otoh ur looking at 35+, actually i got a balrog reg for 10 ep the other day but thats an amazing deal not everyday prices

Merciless wrote:Yeah I think I will have to stop looking at auction house to "check prices".

However, those people who post auctions also exist outside of the auction house. It is hard to find a genuine trader not after the shirt off your back. I had one guy trying to get my whole wish list of eifu, sbd, seta, kanna and another card just for a regular ring dragon. One guy even wanted a few cards just so he would accept my ally invite... Even thugs play here lol. The nice difference from real life is, here, you can just walk away and ignore them without being stabbed or shot XD

simply ignore those people or just send them a "lol NO", trading here at the forums is probably more reasonable but in-game u can find people selling for mad cheap sometimes of course 80% is still gonna be unreasonable offers
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Well anyways, I traded a Deathblade AA for Balrog+, I sold balrog+ for 30 ep, and I would've bought a MLD+ for about that if I wanted one, because that's what I think the fair price is. Again, the comments I've posted so far are simply my opinion.

And if you haven't noticed, I'm pretty lenient with my selling opinions with this game, so that may be why we all disagree.

I mean really, I sold a deathblade for a Balrog+

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Dark Impact wrote:Well anyways, I traded a Deathblade AA for Balrog+, I sold balrog+ for 30 ep, and I would've bought a MLD+ for about that if I wanted one, because that's what I think the fair price is. Again, the comments I've posted so far are simply my opinion.

And if you haven't noticed, I'm pretty lenient with my selling opinions with this game, so that may be why we all disagree.

I mean really, I sold a deathblade for a Balrog+

On the sole basis that you say you are lenient with your selling options and
you evidence that with your trading a DB (50-60 worth) for a Balrog+
(30-40 worth), means you are implicitly stating that the trade was a
loss.

Fair enough. But I think what we may do individually, and what we all do together on average are two separate and distinct things, I've let stuff go for low prices (Slave Dance+m(10) for 2 ep), mainly because I made a typo (was trying to say 12) and didn't want to be a dick when some excited person sent me a trade thanking me saying they were looking for one forever, but that's because at that particular point in time, the 'loss' in that trade wasn't really a problem. Similarly, I have a longtime habit of buying maxed (level not skill) monster for something like +10ep of the base price, while the average accepted price modifier of a maxed (1) A monster is 2xreg+(3-4ep); the fact that I knew I was overpaying didn't really change the fact that I WAS overpaying. But that's fine with me, because frankly I'm too lazy to level up monsters most of the time.

a loss of ~8 ep isn't the end of the world, but from a purely fiscal standpoint, it's a loss. (but then again, gifting someone a 1bp C monster is a loss as well, because you hypothetically could have gotten 100 gold for it)

However, depending on your assets, a loss can be acceptable, or not (e.g. blowing 30ep on dark traps/ice and getting a bunch of Bs with pstrike and slumber; It's no big deal if you have 200 more ep sitting in your inventory, it IS a big deal if those were your only 30ep you just gambled away trying to hit paydirt with a prog or AA).
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciless Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 am

Some good insightful comments here.

There's the side of there is a certain value to each card, and losses or gains can be calculated via these values.

On the other side of the coin is that, each person will value the same thing differently. Whereas a Balrog+ on average sells for 30ep, someone desperate for one on their team may pay 60ep, likewise someone who doesn't need it may sell for 10ep just to make space and earn some pocket change.

I'm now currently looking for a NWD+, how much should I pay so I don't short-change myself again? XD

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 am

I would suggest going for an nwd+m(10) or (20) directly, you can pick those up for 20-25ep,

while on the other hand, nwd regs don't really go below 10, it's one of those weird circumstances that seems to be exclusive to NWD, probably since crit is dirt cheap to level, and NWD is one of the first wyrms to be swapped out for AA+ winged wyrm by sin wyrm users, so folks do try liquidating their high skill nwds for great savings to buyers (e.g. I went out looking for one, and negotiated a NWD+m(10) for 18, one of my clanmates even managed to find a +m(20) being offered for 20!)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Merciless Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 am

Okay, thanks for your advice, I appreciate it a lot. =)

Merciless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down