Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maximizing return on soulpoints

5 posters

Go down

Maximizing return on soulpoints Empty Maximizing return on soulpoints

Post by larry378 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:25 pm

What is considered to be the best way to maximize on return while spending soulpoints?

I recently found out from a clan-mate Cathias on these forums that you can get soulpoints using a google play giftcard, which I actually happened to have one of sitting around (giftbag from some enterprise architecture conference I attended a while back). So I fired up google play, activated the 25 buck card, and got myself 3000 soulpoints.

I'm somewhat unsure as to what to do with them. I see a couple options

35 ep
I could trade this for some much needed gold to get my AA formation off the ground (need to max two mid-leveled AA+s, and evolve a third. But then again, I'm not in a particular rush for that... and 35 ep is not really 'so much', 3.5-4 mil of gold is really what I'm looking at this option as; which would be nice, but is also that will inevitably trickle in through playing normally, and like I said, not in a huge rush for the AA form, just switched forms recently, and I'm enjoying my current 'new' form.

20 ice crystals
for resale. I remember dark traps generally going for 3-4 a pop, so this could be 60-80ep. Liquidity is obviously a potential problem here. I'm not quite sure what the current 'feel' on trap sale for this even is. I sure don't want to be stuck with 20 traps that I can't get rid of (and no, I'd rather not use them; sure they tease you with the AAs every now and (I missed a nyar), but the 49 other epic whatevers I ran into probably contained blood blobs.

Skill Reset
for resale. I think prices might have dropped a little since dragon wall when people bought a bunch of these to resell, but I suppose folks'll be scrambling for one of these when the next bp event like a tourney starts, which brings me to a question; how many ep are these worth at the moment? I remember seeing 50-60 asking prices from sellers during dragon wall, but I didn't buy any, nor did I see how much they were eventually purchased for

11x Dark Summons
Well, the game is called 'dark summoner' and all, and seeing as I've been hearing some good things from my clan-mates who recently tried out some dark summons for the first time, getting AAs (gold gorger, nyar, tengen). Much like the ice crystals though, I am pretty aware of the potential that I'll get a handfull of blood blobs, ghws, and nagas or something, but I'm kinda curious to try this out. And in reality, all it would take is one decent summon (e.g. a prog, or an AA) in the batch to justify the entire package. But I'm fairly certain that summoning an AA is something like winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning which you hear about happening to other people, but doesn't really happen to you.. [TLDR: if I get less than 35ep worth of monsters from 11 dark summons, I'm gonna be pissed]

I guess my question is; which should I get? I'm well aware that I could get a combination of ep, ice crystals, and dark summons, but I'd prefer to go all in on one for the bulk purchase bonus
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Maximizing return on soulpoints Empty Re: Maximizing return on soulpoints

Post by Flying Dagger Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Out of those choices, I would try to be lucky and go for the 11x dark summons and only hope to get lucky with the AAs and progs. 2nd choice is ep, but purchasing em from high lvl players gives more bang for your buck.
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Are you a gambling man? If not, take the 35 EP, move on with your life, and don't think about what you may have missed out on.

I'd imagine the skill book would probably net you more than 35 EP eventually, but it may take some time to move.

If you are a gambling man, I'd say traps would be more valuable than dark summons, at least for the current event. AFAIK you cannot get these current progs from dark summons, so they should be pretty valuable.

TL;DR - Safest option (which I would go for myself) is EP

EDIT: I'd imagine you'd actually get the most EP value from buying the traps and selling them immediately as opposed to using them. But try to find a buyer before you do this.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for the quick replies!

I actually did a quick little search, and have found buyers in-game offering for ice crystals at 4:1 off the bat, some negotiation could get even more, so crystals are 80+ ep as an option now.

so yeah, EP is out, and I guess skill reset is a long grift at best, and will be a tricky one at worst since it won't be as unprecedented as last time, and reset sellers will be plentiful, competition, slashing prices, etc...

So... 80ep(20 ice crystals) or 11 dark summons is what I've boiled it down to...

I reckon I could do 11 crystals for 2000, and 3 dark summons for 900, and 1 ep for 100 or something lol, but I kinda want to 'all in' on one option, but I don't want to lose big on the summons.

Dang this is tough
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Dagger Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I think it boils down to one thing. If you have a lot of ep capital left then I will 'go big and go home home' and try my luck with the summons. If not, doing the crystal thing sounds like a good idea. GL
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Doh, went the combo route,

Dark Summons; Child of Purification, Bunyip, Bonnacon

lmao, oh well got 45ep of ep, so I guess this isn't a total loss.

Not that I'm complaining since this is all off of a gift card that I had no intention of using other than a cup coaster on my desk since I didn't know what it was for lol
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicious Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:03 pm

thats probably the worst dark summons ive ever seen. Ateam sucks

Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:04 pm

All the 11 DS summons are like that. NEVER go for that deal.

BTW did u get any ice crystals? I jus wanna buy 3 Smile

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 pm

SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:All the 11 DS summons are like that. NEVER go for that deal.

BTW did u get any ice crystals? I jus wanna buy 3 Smile
Sorry! I set up the deal before I even exchanged the points for the crystals, they're all gone

All in all, the 20 ice crystals would have been the better return, but in the grand scheme of things, This really IS 45 free ep. (and 2 crit fodders Razz), and that's certainly welcome.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:32 pm

All good, nothin beats free Smile

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down