Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tower of Baneful Flames

+31
episparh
mewantcookies
applesauce
Bigzam
Murbella
larry378
General Osf
Kail
aznnutty
doublej1965
DevilJin6Six6
JessicaMD
mydroid4
espnted
Bender214
Dark Impact
derpados
Gosh
silentsong
Vicious
blah
xalthos
Lisu
kyan
adohicree
ryesteve
Horg
Sinfulsoul
Mortium
faithnomorex
God_of_War
35 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tower of Baneful Flames - Page 4 Empty Re: Tower of Baneful Flames

Post by blah Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 am

Trololol. I think A-Team created a much cheaper and easily accesible prog, and everyone who bought one is now pretty much stuck with a useful(but no longer overpriced) monster.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by episparh Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 am

mewantcookies wrote:Hmm, atm there seem to be other progs listed in the summon page. These new ones are Grand Demon Warrior (tyr), Unholy Vice Demon (ranc), Brain Sip (sin). Did I miss anything? Mid rankings should be out soon, does this mean the old progs are useless? Do we have more progs now? The progs listed in the event page are the same (old) ones.
New event progressions are up to x6 faster. The old one still work according to the announce.
episparh
episparh

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 am

Regarding the new prog
X 6 faster means you'll need an A+ form of it I "guess".

So how many times you'll have to do a dark summon and hope to get it twice. I lucked out getting two prog that I wanted from 3,000SP worth of crystal. But I suspect I might have to spend more than 3,000SP to get this new prog...twice.

At the mid event award I was at floor 1,396 and in the 175th place. So far if I keep doing this event 25 hours a day I should be in the top 500 at the end of the event...so no need of the new prog for me. I don't think they're that useful compare to the last event 2nd set of progs.

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosh Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am

dun be fooled by the so called "6x" progress.

Maths. When you use a 4x progression, every click is 11en/20%, that is 5 click per floor.

when you use a "6x" progression, eveyclick is 11en/30%, however, you still need to do 4 click per floor. So you just earn one click less for one floor, which is just 20%.

Hope I am correct,

Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post by aznnutty Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 pm

wtf. this is total bs... so now i gotta dish out more ep for new progs or else i wont rank after dropping 300 ep already!!

aznnutty

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

These new monsta seem to give a 6x progression... That is a joke, greed is endless.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by mydroid4 Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Like was mentioned earlier, it only comes out to 4 taps instead of 5. Based on 500 energy they gain two floors per ep more than the 4x prog. But yes Ateam's attempt at making money through crystals failed so they decided to go back to the original model.

mydroid4

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 pm

You're not thinking cynically enough. If this was a case of them realizing it failed and then reverting to the original, the new proggies would also be 4x. By making them stronger, they're forcing everyone who's already committed to ranking, to buy yet another proggie.

The pulled the same sht in the last event, introducing a proggie at the halfway point. This is the new strategy: force those who want to rank to have to buy proggies twice.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm

The prog prices have become pretty outrageous as of late, particularly at the start of the events. The ice crystal progs were worse than normal due to the limited availability. I still like to blame the removal of free dark summons for new accounts (that people abused) as the cause for the rise of regular dark summon progs.

But I digress. If people know that a second prog will inevitably appear, and they only care about the final rankings, they should wait until the last couple days of the event before buying a prog. The fascination with jumping on a prog extremely early in the event seems crazy to me. Sure, you can sell it back before the end of the event to recoup some EP. But the risk is much higher than just waiting until the second half of the event before purchasing.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure if I'd have time to clear 3,000 floors in a couple of days.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Valid point. I have never actually attempted to rank, and had forgotten to account for the time required to do so.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm

No wonder those reward AA are pretty expensive. After all the EP and time consumed and let's not forget the finger numbness, they end up costing an arm.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I heard the best way to do events is to just save up all of your ep, and buy a prog like a day or two before the event is over when they're super cheap, and then spend all your ep and play for like 10 hrs straight clicking away.

I mean who want's to click for 10 hours straight?

But I think that's the price for being cheap.

Same as buying the prog hours after it comes out for 50-100ep, and playing regularly

There's also a price for having convenience.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm

ryesteve wrote:You're not thinking cynically enough. If this was a case of them realizing it failed and then reverting to the original, the new proggies would also be 4x. By making them stronger, they're forcing everyone who's already committed to ranking, to buy yet another proggie.

The pulled the same sht in the last event, introducing a proggie at the halfway point. This is the new strategy: force those who want to rank to have to buy proggies twice.

Well at -11 energy points per floor. -550 energy points per 50 floors. So maybe one less ep per 50 floors using 6x than 4x. So for 3000 floors that's a saving of 60ep if you start from scratch. Most have gotten ~1000 floors already so the actual saving is maybe 40. Not worth the effort and the price people are asking for the new prog. It is so much more expensive than that and the price drop in the old prog is so much less than they're worth.

With 2 progs there doesn't appear to be any more As for boss down so there won't be a McFly for this event? More reasons to skip it and let Ateam know this event sux.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm

General Osf wrote:No wonder those reward AA are pretty expensive. After all the EP and time consumed and let's not forget the finger numbness, they end up costing an arm.

There's the rub. The reward AA, the recent one for Sin particularly are not that expensive compare to previous ones when the ranking were separated by guilds. Sin players spend more on prog, same for the event and the reward sells typically 30-100ep less than tyranny or rancor one.

Some sin player were complaining they were selling for a lost as they needed the ep for the next event. Not sure that is quite true but definitely not a large profit for the amount of work. You have to let this reward Age to get the best result.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 am

Now they release Death summoner appearance up zone. I like it so far, out of 5 battles I got 2 epic dark summon and 3 rank A summon. I won't use any of those summons yet that's why I still like it lol
btw- don't be a sucker and get another prog to reduce the death summoner status. If your monsters are good enough you won't need it.

edit: I just jinxed myself, after I posted the above comment I fought another death summoner two more times and got 10,000 gold...twice Suspect

Last edited by hgrubandT on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by doublej1965 Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:33 am

Well...A-Team has just unleashed McFly in the Death Summoner Appearence Up Zone.

He showed up in a non normal summoner level (every 5 levels)

Great!!??!?!

doublej1965

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 am

General Osf wrote:No wonder those reward AA are pretty expensive. After all the EP and time consumed and let's not forget the finger numbness, they end up costing an arm.
I used an android emulator and autoclick soft so that is not a problem
The big problem is that i dont have enough ep even to get the 200 floor monster SadSad

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by mydroid4 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm

So not only do the new progs have 6x but they also reduce stats on death summoner...

mydroid4

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 pm

mydroid4 wrote:So not only do the new progs have 6x but they also reduce stats on death summoner...

looks to me like they found out no one is doing the event with the original progs so they release what was originally a boss down A for DS to get people into the event and made it 6x to entice people to participate and now with appearance of McFly, those prog also have their original planned function as a boss down.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:57 pm

is "McFly" a chat filter thing? or is there a backstory as to why the bosses are called McFly?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:07 pm

JessicaMD wrote:is "McFly" a chat filter thing? or is there a backstory as to why the bosses are called McFly?

Its not a chat filter. There is no backstory as to the name as far as I know. But McFly has been the name of the death summoner in all the events that he has appeared in.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 pm

JessicaMD wrote:is "McFly" a chat filter thing? or is there a backstory as to why the bosses are called McFly?

Those crazy Japanese love themselves some Back to the Future... lol

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

interesting, thanks!

I kept seeing that on past events so I figured out what it meant, I just thought there might be some hilarious backstory to that or it was filter.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by BmoreAkuma Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:47 pm

bacsiha wrote:
I used an android emulator and autoclick soft so that is not a problem
The big problem is that i dont have enough ep even to get the 200 floor monster SadSad

I understand I am barely at floor 130 and only 2 days left. There is no way I am going to reach it so I gave up. ROFL At least I have the first monster.
BmoreAkuma
BmoreAkuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next