Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruins Event Ranking

+9
ThePeopleShow
faithnomorex
Dark Impact
Ripshard
silentsong
Event Horizon
SwtLaotiaNix7
xeorns
Ian5565
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ruins Event Ranking Empty Ruins Event Ranking

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 am

So, I've been trying to gauge where I'm at in the ranking system. Currently I'm at 70 sets. As of the 22nd when they released ranks I was at 4000 with 30. I'm currently only level 39 and have spent aprox 20 ep on the event. I was just hoping to gauge where I stand in the event as well as get any advice from u guys as to how to get into the top 500. Currently, the way I have it structed I should finish next week with approximately 130 sets.

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Ruins Event Ranking Empty Re: Ruins Event Ranking

Post by xeorns Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am

Don't waste your EP
You'll need ~1000 sets or so to get top 500.

xeorns

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am

wow.... serious.

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am

this game really needs to work on its curve.... early game is borderline depressing.. and I think I've managed to do pretty well for myself

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:31 am

One of my allys was at around 300 sets when rankings first came out and he was 71st.

I think alot of people are skipping out on this event. But I doubt 130 will break top 500.

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:33 am

You're wasting your eps. You won't be able to make effective use of them til lvl 60+ at a minimum. If you have infinite eps, then it isn't so much a problem. Otherwise, keep playing and don't bother trying to rank. Razz

130 sets will definitely not come even close.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah I'm lvl 102 (90 ish when event started) now with almost 600 energy and this event is the first i'm going for top rankings in. If u got monies to spend then sure go ahead and get urself some EPs and level up faster. That's what I did. But until you're high enough level to compete, focus on getting your A+ formation and maxing out the skills n stuff. I still haven't completely maxed mine yet.

The good news is that once you get to a certain level and amount of EP, you will never had to drop another dime as long as you play smart.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:34 am

Currently, I have a full A+ 4x Psych brute combo team. Got agil 2 - got some skill leveling to do but thats about it. I really enjoy the prospect of this game but I'm not gonna lie.. this thread was insanely discouraging. I feel like I do more waiting then playing :S

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:43 am

Ian5565 wrote:Currently, I have a full A+ 4x Psych brute combo team. Got agil 2 - got some skill leveling to do but thats about it. I really enjoy the prospect of this game but I'm not gonna lie.. this thread was insanely discouraging. I feel like I do more waiting then playing :S

Lol that's exactly how I felt. I made a thread about that. I was mad I could only play for like 20 minutes a day, so I started spinding munny. That's how A-team gets you. They make it to where the first few days you can play almost uninterrupted because you level up so often. Once you get hooked, all the sudden you can hardly do anything anymore lol.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

When did you find it gets better?

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:45 pm

I should probably also note that I rank as of this morning was at 2000

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Don't worry man. the last event ranking I was in the 3000s. As for this event now, I'm 225th. What level are you now? You probably shouldn't worry too much about getting into top rankings until you have quite a bit of energy; about 500 or so.

Some other good advice is go through the auction house. You can still play DS without using any EP through there. If you want EP, put the filter on items and go to the last page. Go backwards from there. There are always EP offers from lazy players looking for gold. Also, if you have some EP already, you can look for monsters that people are selling cheaper than what they are usually worth. Then you can flip it back in the auction and make more EP.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripshard Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Im ranked 1117 without trying. I got bored quickly withthis event.

Ripshard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm

ok well heres my current situation and maybe you guys could toss me some advice..

Beheaded Lunatic + - Impulse down (2) Level 69
Slave Dance Sorceress + - Increase Dodge Rate (1) Level 70
Blood Blush Vanessa + - Decrease Enemy Defense (6) Level 70
White Winged Oracle + - Increase Defense (6) Level 70
White Winged Elite + - Agility Up (4) Level 26

I am currently, level 39 with 193 Energy and 166 BP. With the first even I assumed that BP was what I wanted to level so I used a lot of points for that... pretty sure that was a mistake. Should hit 40 tonight tho and as of now am going to continue to up my EP.

In terms of my formation... I think its pretty solid for how long I've been playing. I figure my next move is to save up for a WWSP and start working towards altering my formation for the extra winged combo and leveling my skills.

I currently have 0 ep and bp tho as i wasted them all on the event.. but the truth is I did gain quite a few levels so i think that's prob helpful.

Anyways any advice would be appreciated. Thx

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:04 am

You're on the right track. The psycho winged brute formation is fairly cheap and easy to get. The only one that's really pricey is midnight valkyrie. wwoh and wwsp are also more expensive than ur average card but not back-breaking.

I made the same mistake on BP too. I was about at 1:1 EP to BP until i finally just got a skill change and put it all on EP, and I don't regret it.

As of the EP that you used up, did you buy it or trade for it? If you bought it, then getting the EP you need for your formation shouldn't be any problem.

Prowl around the trade section and stores to get a good starting idea of the valuable monsters. Also, you must know the guild and species of every monster that has agility, as the majority of the time, monsters that don't fit the criteria for that are generally not worth much if anything, with rare exceptions of course (sin winged demons and winged brutes come to mind).

You seem to have a decent grasp of the meta-game so far, but, just in case, I'll go ahead and list all the monsters with agility:

Impulse

Child of Pit - demon
Marbas - beast
Nidhogg - wyrm

Covert

Bayard the Steel Horse - beast
Lindwurm - winged wyrm
Sea of Clouds Dragon - wyrm*
Demon Bait Insect - crawler

Psycho

White Winged Elite - winged brute*
Death Call Covenant - demon
Seeker Quadriga - creation

*Sea of Clouds Dragon has better overall stats than Lindwurm but isn't very popular as Lindwurm provides you with the winged combo.

*I know you already have a WWE but i put it anyway in case someone who doesn't know reads this post.

Hope I've been helpful.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Lol Repudiate Lab was the last event similar to this one (except that it was 9001x better) and I was in the top 400 rankings for tyranny, except you needed to be in the top 200 to get galeitia of torment... long story short, certain events will call for more players, this one is not as appealing as say the Great Dragon Wall and so less people may participate, but for some events, just keep going if you can tell people are giving up X)

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

The late 2nd set of prog monsters may throw final rankings off a bit. People who held onto EP may get their hands on a prog and choose to give it a go during a later increased bell wave. So yea, i'd say current rankings are in no way a good indication of your chances of finishing in the My teacher said good "job".

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm over 80 sets now. With the new prog I'm further discouraged. I think I'm just going to Keep going with my natural regeneration as ill be eligible for a second DarkSummon. Hopefully this time I connect to get something more than a Gigas

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:38 pm

You got a Gigas? Lucky... better than my Cruel Black Wings.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Just putting this out there, last ranking I was 237 with 262 sets done. It shouldn't really be that though to rank if you have 150-200EP to spend.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Ruins Event Ranking Empty Won't need 1000

Post by Tydaddy Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 pm

I was at 225 when 10/24 ranking came out, and I was ranked 406th. This is about midway thru event so I'm thinking around 550-600 bell sets is gonna get in top 500. I'm using two accounts with both PROGS and I'm at 350&325. I've been working doubles all week too. What I do is just stick around the 400-475 range until last day, and then grind all day. That's how I got 2 Lukas in last good event.

Tydaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian5565 Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I feel like I'm likely doing this wrong. I think my plan is going to be level up to about 60 collecting as many skill ups as I can. I'm going to save the stacks and sell em later. I needa amass some serious ep. So in going to wait for the value of the skillups to rise. And hope for an epic summon and some luck

Ian5565

Back to top Go down

Post by Tydaddy Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Yea luck is all it is with summons.. Like I haven't gotten anything great, as where my gf summoned a grizel with her second epic summon. That makes 4 AA's she's summoned to my 0... And I've done about 3x as many as her. So, yea luck is def on her side. Just keep building skill stacks and selling them. Put em on auction. I've gotten good ep value on skills on auction. Just be patient, and you'll get a good offer. This game is geared for the higher level players. Puts true meaning to "the rich get richer".

Tydaddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosh Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Just a silly question. It stated that you can get a special A once you complete 3 rounds of ruin. Is it exactly the 3rd round you complete or you just have a "chance" to have it at the 3rd round? Thanks guys

Gosh

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:02 am

i got a sbq on my first epic ds and was mad, but then got a tengen with a epic ds on my second account and felt much better lol
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next