Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill-less monsters

+5
J-Tin
ryesteve
ThePeopleShow
faithnomorex
Fenix00
9 posters

Go down

Skill-less monsters Empty Skill-less monsters

Post by Fenix00 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Pls don't kill me for making another skill thread ...

So ... We've been getting mainly 2 things lately
1) cards with no skill
2) cards with species skill

With the newer cards having decent/good stats but not having skills or skills like "mystic/beast/creation" down ... is anyone adding cards from the last 3 or 4 events to their main attack teams?

I'm running a psycho demon team at the moment and I think this new event has a 30bp A demon card but the skill is Mystic down, pretty useless IMO.

Any Thoughts?

Fenix00

Back to top Go down

Skill-less monsters Empty Re: Skill-less monsters

Post by faithnomorex Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Dragon of Jupiter, a 16 BP A with Demon Down and a decent attack stat got added to the Covert Winged Wyrm team. The team also already had an Impulse Down on it, so this makes it sort of the anti Sin Demon team.

As for your specific example, I would agree. The demon seems good, but Mystic Down is effectively worthless for the current metagame. Whether the card still makes your team depends on what you'd be replacing.

They are just filling these few events up with the skill down As because they are new. After a couple events, it should go back to a more even distribution.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:29 am

The 35BP A+ have MONSTER stats. Mysterious Sentinel with Celestial Lightining will be the leader of EVERY elite A+ rancor beast team. The thing has almost 9700 attack. The species down skills are actually really good. MOST sin teams are demon, so a covert wyrm team could have demon down(20) and impulse down(20).

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:47 pm

And how are you supposed to get enough sac material to level those up to 20?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Tin Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 pm

ryesteve wrote:And how are you supposed to get enough sac material to level those up to 20?

The wheel of fortune a lot of EP Razz

J-Tin

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

You really think there are still that many Dragons of Jupiter still out there?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

ryesteve wrote:You really think there are still that many Dragons of Jupiter still out there?

other As and even AA/+s have been released since dragon wall event with demon down. it's a question of deciding which to use as sac fodder and which to keep, hoping for some Bs with demon down. yes, making demon down (20) will not be easy, but it's doable. i think they're keeping the number of cards with demon down a little bit rarer as a form of damage control, because rancor wyrms with demon down are exceedingly strong against both, sin AND tyranny(even though they don't benefit from psycho down, 40% down on atk and def still hurts, and hurts bad). of course, i could be wrong, but it is no denying that covert winged wyrms currently are favored way too much. thank god for flame kag/lethargic bel, those could actually take a few hits to slow down the wyrms a little bit.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 pm

ThePeopleShow wrote:The 35BP A+ have MONSTER stats. Mysterious Sentinel with Celestial Lightining will be the leader of EVERY elite A+ rancor beast team. The thing has almost 9700 attack.

lol celestial lightning...rather have it be unskilled.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeadWing85 Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Horg wrote:
ThePeopleShow wrote:The 35BP A+ have MONSTER stats. Mysterious Sentinel with Celestial Lightining will be the leader of EVERY elite A+ rancor beast team. The thing has almost 9700 attack.

lol celestial lightning...rather have it be unskilled.

agreed, at least a skiless monster has a chance to 1hit a monster, lightning is so overrated. the pricetag is only due to hype that ppl make up for it, not its actual usefulness lmao
LeadWing85
LeadWing85

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:19 pm

ThePeopleShow wrote:The 35BP A+ have MONSTER stats. Mysterious Sentinel with Celestial Lightining will be the leader of EVERY elite A+ rancor beast team. The thing has almost 9700 attack. The species down skills are actually really good. MOST sin teams are demon, so a covert wyrm team could have demon down(20) and impulse down(20).

glad to see that i'm not the only one looking past a monster's bp or skill, to determine usefulness. yeah, 9700 atk sounds nice, especially for an A+ rank monster. that's more atk than any of the planet dragon AAs, no joke there. but i agree with the others, lightning is so overrated at this time. if we could have a monster with c lightning (20), then that would be a different story, but as no one has that many donners to throw into it, thankfully, we don't have to worry about teams with lightning 20, that's just WAAAAY too OP.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I actually see value in celestial (not 200 ep, not even 100 ep, but still value). I mean, don't you hate those battles where you leave one or two monsters with a sliver of health, and it ends up costing you the fight? It's good to ensure the kill on any A/+ rank team Smile

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down