Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do people sell the progs for so much?

+11
adohicree
blah
XJF
.:::Yoshi:::.
faithnomorex
silentsong
JosieAmI
SwtLaotiaNix7
General Osf
Horg
ThePeopleShow
15 posters

Go down

Why do people sell the progs for so much? Empty Why do people sell the progs for so much?

Post by ThePeopleShow Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 pm

I never particularly understood why people want over 100EP for progs, when they are weighted in Dark Summons during the event. I've spent 25EP and I'm almost done with my 4th loop. I always pick the hardest path and I've only encountered 3 Grand Master Summoners my team, obviously, can't beat. To be blatantly honest you probably need 2 prog+, or at least one prog+ and an AA+ team, to even stand a chance against the Grand Master's team either ways. Something tells me I could spend 300EP without buying a prog and still complete enough mirrors to get the AA at the end. I mean, you'd need to kill 150 Grand Master Summoners just to make up for the price of the card (since 1EP roughly = 1 full bell summon). After the 3rd loop the EP requirements per lvl stay the same, so its not like you'd be getting more bells done per EP used.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Why do people sell the progs for so much? Empty Re: Why do people sell the progs for so much?

Post by Horg Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:37 pm

no idea, its been a long time since A-Team released an event that was even worth being serious about.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Why do people sell the progs for so much? Empty Re: Why do people sell the progs for so much?

Post by General Osf Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Totally agree, prog are way overpriced. True their value should be higher than normal, but what people ask for them is certainly insane.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 pm

During the DragonWall Event I summoned 6 sin, 4 covert and 5 psycho progs with my FREE dark summons. I made something along the lines of 400EP off of them and I spent nothing. I can't figure out why people spend insane amounts of EP on progs when they aren't rare. If people were smarter they'd realize that you should chip in as a guild and buy all 3. Me and around 10 friends do that, we each use them and then gift them to the next person.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:01 pm

ThePeopleShow wrote:During the DragonWall Event I summoned 6 sin, 4 covert and 5 psycho progs with my FREE dark summons. I made something along the lines of 400EP off of them and I spent nothing. I can't figure out why people spend insane amounts of EP on progs when they aren't rare. If people were smarter they'd realize that you should chip in as a guild and buy all 3. Me and around 10 friends do that, we each use them and then gift them to the next person.

Now that is what i call smart planning... Also that was some great luck getting those prog from free summons.

At least in last event i got a Blink+ from prog Wink
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by SwtLaotiaNix7 Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:18 pm

I bought a sin prog off someone for 15 ep. Flipped it for 50 ep because someone sent me a trade offer for it. #Winning

SwtLaotiaNix7

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:34 pm

SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:I bought a sin prog off someone for 15 ep. Flipped it for 50 ep because someone sent me a trade offer for it. #Winning

I bought a sin prog+ for 80 and flipped it for a Fire Lord, Suzaku m (20) lol.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm

ThePeopleShow wrote:
SwtLaotiaNix7 wrote:I bought a sin prog off someone for 15 ep. Flipped it for 50 ep because someone sent me a trade offer for it. #Winning

Are you serious...? If that's true i actually undersold mine LOL
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by JosieAmI Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:05 am

I don't get the high prices either, but I have had no problems getting them ~20ep for +, just gotta dig deeper into the AH

JosieAmI

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:52 am

Yes this event needs some serious tweaks. the progs are next to useless. you only need a prog for the grand summoner. even then, he hardly ever appears and chances are you already have 5 or bells collected so most likely, the amount of bells you get from beating him will give you the same amount or less than any of the other summoners. they need to increase his appearance rate and make the bells roll over into the next set.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:00 am

If I had to guess, the prog will be more useful during "phase 2" of this event... whatever that means.

Ateam likes twist endings.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by .:::Yoshi:::. Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh god..Charlie Sheen is here....

.:::Yoshi:::.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm

The #winning definitely made me laugh though, haha.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:22 pm

silentsong wrote:Yes this event needs some serious tweaks. the progs are next to useless. you only need a prog for the grand summoner. even then, he hardly ever appears and chances are you already have 5 or bells collected so most likely, the amount of bells you get from beating him will give you the same amount or less than any of the other summoners. they need to increase his appearance rate and make the bells roll over into the next set.

So true, i find it annoying that completed bells don't carry over to the next set. If they did that, then fighting the grand summoner would feel truly special.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 pm

[quote="General Osf"]
silentsong wrote: If they did that, then fighting the grand summoner would feel truly special.
I remember the Death Summoner from the den of woe, I had zero chance of winning. scratch

But I would really like a Deceit witch, not for the event but because my psycho team blows! however, as mentioned, they're going for like 50+ EP

Offered a guy two ebony dragons, a rCast, 2 flame tarasques and 2 sky dragons, never been shot down so fast in my life. Shocked not that it was a particularly great down.
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I don't mind the Death Summoner being extremely hard. That makes sense. A-Team needs to earn their The wheel of fortune, and people want a challenge.

What's sad is the way that the Death Summoner is infrequent and yields poor rewards. You don't see him enough to make you want to buy a prog(people do anyways). Plus, after using 100+ ep on progs, you get maybe 1 ep value from beating him up. I would vote for cranking up the rewards, just because I'd be much more interested in defeating him.

Even in this event, 10 destiny bells isn't that impressive. It takes me about 3-4 hours to regenerate 3000 bp, which is enough for 10 battles, guaranteeing 10 bells. I don't, however, celebrate every 3-4 hours after winning my 10th battle. Why should I when I beat the Death Summoner in 1 battle?

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by adohicree Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:57 pm

some progs are needed if your going to get anywhere deep into them but this one only really helps lower tier people and those can't afford them in the first place. Only real rush for them right now are collectors and those that like cute monster girls.
adohicree
adohicree

Back to top Go down

Post by adohicree Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 am

blah wrote:I don't mind the Death Summoner being extremely hard. That makes sense. A-Team needs to earn their The wheel of fortune, and people want a challenge.

What's sad is the way that the Death Summoner is infrequent and yields poor rewards. You don't see him enough to make you want to buy a prog(people do anyways). Plus, after using 100+ ep on progs, you get maybe 1 ep value from beating him up. I would vote for cranking up the rewards, just because I'd be much more interested in defeating him.

Even in this event, 10 destiny bells isn't that impressive. It takes me about 3-4 hours to regenerate 3000 bp, which is enough for 10 battles, guaranteeing 10 bells. I don't, however, celebrate every 3-4 hours after winning my 10th battle. Why should I when I beat the Death Summoner in 1 battle?

And Grand summoner is not really that hard if you have an high agi team. mine loses against him right now but i take half of them out before he downs me and my groups far from set. even the A prog would let most higher ends take him out i'd say.
adohicree
adohicree

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:16 am

Oh man, I would really like to get my hands on the grand summoner's Anna+m(20)

not to mention the lvl 20 hells blaze he has as well lol.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:59 am

So far Ateam has fail at all the "prog" that reduce boss stat. They are not needed or the reward are not worth it. On the other hand progs that speed up going through floors are essential to get ranked in yhose events. I think ppl are treating all progs the same hence the ridiculous price regardless of usefulness.

You don't need a prod to beat grand summoner. A good AA+team can win easily.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by sumdark Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 pm

ThePeopleShow wrote:

I bought a Sin prog+ for my Fire Lord, Suzaku m (20) and flipped it for a full AA Wyrm Team (all over 30bp)

sumdark

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:49 pm

sumdark wrote:
ThePeopleShow wrote:

I bought a Sin prog+ for my Fire Lord, Suzaku m (20) and flipped it for a full AA Wyrm Team (all over 30bp)

Now, that is silly... LOL... Next you will tell me Donald Trump hired you to work for him as a trading advisor.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

sumdark wrote:
ThePeopleShow wrote:

I bought a Sin prog+ for full AA Wyrm Team and flipped it for Anna+M (20), DHR+M(Arctic tempest), Minos+M(20), Grizel+M(Hell's blaze) and Ctuhlu+M (Ded 20). Then I sold these guys for an island in the Carribeans, I think it's called Hispaniola or something like that...
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezebel Demonshire Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 am

When someone gets a prog they act like they laid a golden egg, and it doesn't help that some people buy them as if they were golden eggs. So in the end, maybe they are golden eggs, but golden eggs that soon turn to lead. If you have 450+ energy, and enough eps to really get you ahead in events that reward AAs that will be very sought after, and are serious about establishing yourself in the AA economy, then buying golden eggs might be a good idea. For casual players, it might be too much to invest yourself in. Its just when you start spending soul points on these things, you might want to be sure of what you are doing, unless you are rich, in which case, it doesnt matter. lol
Jezebel Demonshire
Jezebel Demonshire

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:27 am

Jezebel Demonshire wrote:When someone gets a prog they act like they laid a golden egg, and it doesn't help that some people buy them as if they were golden eggs. So in the end, maybe they are golden eggs, but golden eggs that soon turn to lead. If you have 450+ energy, and enough eps to really get you ahead in events that reward AAs that will be very sought after, and are serious about establishing yourself in the AA economy, then buying golden eggs might be a good idea. For casual players, it might be too much to invest yourself in. Its just when you start spending soul points on these things, you might want to be sure of what you are doing, unless you are rich, in which case, it doesnt matter. lol

Except for THIS event. I have almost 300 sets completed at the moment, and I think if I didn't have the prog, I might have 5 less sets completed. How about instead of increasing the bell drop rate like they're doing right now, they should increase the grand summoner appearance rate. Make my moneez worthwhile.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down