Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overpricing Evolution stone AAs

+5
applesauce
silentsong
Ripshard
ryesteve
m3donky
9 posters

Go down

Overpricing Evolution stone AAs Empty Overpricing Evolution stone AAs

Post by m3donky Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Why the heck are there so many people asking for as much as 150ep for a 20bp AA with no skill??? Don't you understand that hundreds and hundreds of people have those AAs and not only are they common but about as strong as a 16bp wyrm? Seriously people, no one should be handing you 40ep for an AA reg. Overpricing is ruining this game. Few people trade anymore and everything costs a couple hundred ep to buy a AA. 35bp AAs are obviously powerful and rare but come on!!! Kanna+ for 150? You're out of your mind. (Rant over)

m3donky

Back to top Go down

Overpricing Evolution stone AAs Empty Re: Overpricing Evolution stone AAs

Post by ryesteve Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 pm

The price things go for are a function of what it cost to acquire it, not how good it actually is. It probably DID cost someone 150 to get a Kanna+, so I'm not going to complain about "overpricing" if all they're doing is trying to break even.

On the other hand, when I see someone asking 450 for a Tlon, that aggravates me, because more than likely it cost them next to nothing, and all they did was get very lucky.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripshard Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Just bc some fool asks for it doesnt mean they will get it. Me I like to collect. I'm the tard that + ed all the Casts and 16 bp wyrms. And sin 20 bp wyrm.

Ripshard

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 am

ryesteve wrote:The price things go for are a function of what it cost to acquire it, not how good it actually is. It probably DID cost someone 150 to get a Kanna+, so I'm not going to complain about "overpricing" if all they're doing is trying to break even.

On the other hand, when I see someone asking 450 for a Tlon, that aggravates me, because more than likely it cost them next to nothing, and all they did was get very lucky.

Lol, you must be talking about me. I summoned him trying to get a prog for the last event. I had a 400 EP min bid lvl 100 tlon at the top spot of the auction last week. I got 425 for him. But if you think about how real life economics works (which is eerily similar to DS economics), this should not be a surprise in the least. Every time a new gadget comes out, it tends to seem overpriced to a lot of people. For instance, when the PS3 came out, I believe it cost upwards of I love you. This world, especially in very developed countries, is riddled with people willing to The wheel of fortune almost anything to get things first. Whether the reason is being rich enough to where price doesn't matter or impulsive/compulsive shoppers who can't hold onto their monies. Once sales start to drop, so does the price. The door is consequentially opened up to a wider population range, thus increasing the sales once again and repeating the cycle.

But you bring up a good point about the AA+ monsters. People don't want to slave away with their precious EP for a week only to have a net loss by the end of the day.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:01 pm

silentsong wrote:
ryesteve wrote:The price things go for are a function of what it cost to acquire it, not how good it actually is. It probably DID cost someone 150 to get a Kanna+, so I'm not going to complain about "overpricing" if all they're doing is trying to break even.

Lol, you must be talking about me. I summoned him trying to get a prog for the last event. I had a 400 EP min bid lvl 100 tlon at the top spot of the auction last week. I got 425 for him. But if you think about how real life economics works (which is eerily similar to DS economics), this should not be a surprise in the least. Every time a new gadget comes out, it tends to seem overpriced to a lot of people. For instance, when the PS3 came out, I believe it cost upwards of I love you. This world, especially in very developed countries, is riddled with people willing to The wheel of fortune almost anything to get things first. Whether the reason is being rich enough to where price doesn't matter or impulsive/compulsive shoppers who can't hold onto their monies. Once sales start to drop, so does the price. The door is consequentially opened up to a wider population range, thus increasing the sales once again and repeating the cycle.

But you bring up a good point about the AA+ monsters. People don't want to slave away with their precious EP for a week only to have a net loss by the end of the day.

absolutly agree on the economics of the new AA's it may piss him off but then hes clearly not the buyer people are looking for. but about the event AA, yes people dont wanna have a net loss but thats why sometimes u have to be selective about your events
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:22 am

I don't know why there are so many complaint about pricing. If you think it's overprice don't buy it or better yet sell it. I think many things are overprice but than I don't buy it or worry about it. If you want something than you have to be willing to The wheel of fortune what the seller ask or walk away.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by kheimon Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Kyan is right. It's all about offer/demand, like real world economics. A monster's worth is what people are ready to The wheel of fortune for it, even if it may seem unreasonnable to you. If people ask for too much, they wont sell and then their prices will go down until someone someone is willing to The wheel of fortune.

I usually am able to find what I want at a price I'm willing to The wheel of fortune, but you got to work a little harder for it. First auction page is overpriced, but it's effortless and many people are lazy.
kheimon
kheimon

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

kheimon wrote:Kyan is right. It's all about offer/demand, like real world economics. A monster's worth is what people are ready to The wheel of fortune for it, even if it may seem unreasonnable to you. If people ask for too much, they wont sell and then their prices will go down until someone someone is willing to The wheel of fortune.

I usually am able to find what I want at a price I'm willing to The wheel of fortune, but you got to work a little harder for it. First auction page is overpriced, but it's effortless and many people are lazy.

And that is just like convenience stores. Sure you can go into Sams or Costco and get a bottle of 400 benadryl for 5 bukks, but you don't have to walk nearly as far if you go into walgreens and buy the 100 bottle for 15 bukks.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

lol we're all talking about overpriced AAs and all I can think is.. heh... selene.... heheh.... hope..... heheh valkryie.... My bro got an offer for 250 ep in auction for his REGULAR hope.... AND HE GOT IT WITH THE FLASHBACK SUMMON FROM THE REPUDIATE LAB EVENT! CHEATS! HAX! It's not fair, but really, she should be worth about 5 ep for a reg....

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Dark Impact wrote:lol we're all talking about overpriced AAs and all I can think is.. heh... selene.... heheh.... hope..... heheh valkryie.... My bro got an offer for 250 ep in auction for his REGULAR hope.... AND HE GOT IT WITH THE FLASHBACK SUMMON FROM THE REPUDIATE LAB EVENT! CHEATS! HAX! It's not fair, but really, she should be worth about 5 ep for a reg....

but "worth" is not determined that way. so long as there are people willing to The wheel of fortune a boat load then it is "worth" that boat load.
but even as overpriced as hope is...250 ep!? for a regular???? i got a hope+ ill sell of way less than that lol
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Impact Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:47 pm

well I think that actually, worth, if we say worth is the same as actual value, should mean that a regular hope would be worth 5 ep, because her value adds up to about that much.

Consumer pricing is much different than worth.

If people are The wheel of fortune 2000 ep for a C rank monster, that doesn't make the C rank worth it, it simply means that the consumers are The wheel of fortune that much for it.

Opinion food for thought pig

Dark Impact

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

If you're going to start using the word "worth" to describe innate value, then I hate to tell you this, but all of them are worth absolutely nothing; they're just freaking pixels on your phone.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

ryesteve wrote:If you're going to start using the word "worth" to describe innate value, then I hate to tell you this, but all of them are worth absolutely nothing; they're just freaking pixels on your phone.

Tell that to the company that paid 6 mil for the virtual planet, Planet Calypso.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:00 pm

That's because it DOES have value besides it's innate value, which was pretty much the point I was trying to make.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down