Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Skill" based questions and strategy. Calling all power users!

+4
kyan
J-Tin
Horg
unipanthers14
8 posters

Go down

"Skill" based questions and strategy.  Calling all power users! Empty "Skill" based questions and strategy. Calling all power users!

Post by unipanthers14 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:33 pm

1. Does Critical Rate apply to the entire team or just the individual monster?
  2. Would your rather have Critical Rate or Increase Party Attk skill for your team?
  3. When is agility no longer needed? 3 AA+ and 2 A+? 4 AA+ and 1 A+?
  4. Does the Agility skill help AA+?
  5. Celestial Lightening seem worthless in my eyes as you are probably taking away a possible kill right off the bat by spreading it out among the enemy's monsters. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help!!!!

unipanthers14

Back to top Go down

"Skill" based questions and strategy.  Calling all power users! Empty Re: "Skill" based questions and strategy. Calling all power users!

Post by Horg Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm

1. Individual
2. Party Attack
3. Agility is always needed, unless you have 5 AA+
4. Yes it does, its a % increase to speed, AA+ have 34 and A+ have 30?
5. Celestial Lightning is in fact garbage, don't bother with it.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

"Skill" based questions and strategy.  Calling all power users! Empty Re: "Skill" based questions and strategy. Calling all power users!

Post by J-Tin Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:55 pm

1) Per Horg...Individual
2) You want Increase Party Attack all day as the percentage is the same every time and doesn't rely on chance. A full (20) skill increases attack by 24% for every member of the team. That is big.
3) Unless you have a very big AA+ team with health up, Agility is almost always needed. The ability to hit first and kill a few of the enemy mobs puts you at a very huge advantage.
4) You will see many AA+ teams have their 5th as Agility up or at least have a 6th alternative formation monster with Agility to fight certain teams.
5) Celestial Lightning is not worth the EP charged for it. You are better off using Decrease Enemy Attack skill change or something that will help your team.

Note...I wrote this as Horg was posting...seems we agree Razz

J-Tin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 pm

J-Tin wrote:
2) You want Increase Party Attack all day as the percentage is the same every time and doesn't rely on chance. A full (20) skill increases attack by 24% for every member of the team. That is big.

Its 25% for full 20. You get an extra one percent for the last skill up.

J-Tin wrote:
4) You will see many AA+ teams have their 5th as Agility up or at least have a 6th alternative formation monster with Agility to fight certain teams.

Its rare to see 4AA+ with one agility if the person can afford a 5 AA+. You lose alot of bonuses and the agility monster is so weak against maxed AA+ that you're essentially going 4 vs 5. Granted you get to attack first but with 4 you'll be lucky to kill 2 of the opponents AA+. If you don't they have the advantage with an almost certainly stronger team from the bonuses. Its situationally useful but very rare.

J-Tin wrote:
5) Celestial Lightning is not worth the EP charged for it. You are better off using Decrease Enemy Attack skill change or something that will help your team.

Note...I wrote this as Horg was posting...seems we agree Razz

The highest I have seen celestrial lightning is skill 7 and that hits for 4-5k. Base skill hits for 1-2k so assuming each skill up raise by ~500. Max skill would hit for 8-10k in which case it can one shot almost any team but the cost of getting that whew...

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:10 pm

kyan wrote:
The highest I have seen celestrial lightning is skill 7 and that hits for 4-5k. Base skill hits for 1-2k so assuming each skill up raise by ~500. Max skill would hit for 8-10k in which case it can one shot almost any team but the cost of getting that whew...

Kyan

You are talking 100+ Vic and Spirits... Yea, terrifyingly expensive. And imagine the pain of failing a skill up lol.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 pm

faithnomorex wrote:
kyan wrote:

Kyan

You are talking 100+ Vic and Spirits... Yea, terrifyingly expensive. And imagine the pain of failing a skill up lol.

Yes 100+ spirits. Its donner that has celestrial lightning not vic so its a lot cheaper. Right after the bp15 battle event, lightning spirit was going for 30-35 so its not nearly as expensive as it is now. People have over 10k ep so its not unimaginable for someone to make a lightning(20).

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 am

kyan wrote:

Kyan

so if one had a team with 4 CL(20) and one agility(20) monster lol u could have a team of blood blobs and a pit and kill AAs all day
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 am

applesauce wrote:
kyan wrote:

Kyan

so if one had a team with 4 CL(20) and one agility(20) monster lol u could have a team of blood blobs and a pit and kill AAs all day

not if the AA team has an agility monster in them but in theory yes. A 16bp AA+ with 4 CL(20) and an agility(20) in theory would be upstoppable.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:51 am

kyan wrote:People have over 10k ep
How does someone stockpile that much? I understand investing in events and selling the ranking prizes, but at best, that'll only net you 100ep. Where and how does exponential growth kick in?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm

ryesteve wrote:
kyan wrote:People have over 10k ep
How does someone stockpile that much? I understand investing in events and selling the ranking prizes, but at best, that'll only net you 100ep. Where and how does exponential growth kick in?

No idea but if you buy ep its unlimited.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:02 pm

It'd cost 6k to buy 10k ep, so I'm gonna guess that's not how they're doing it...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm

ryesteve wrote:It'd cost 6k to buy 10k ep, so I'm gonna guess that's not how they're doing it...

With some AA+m20 selling for 1-2k each. Not that unimaginable to get 10k. There are several in game that have monster stock with over 10k value not to mention their pure ep stock. Artest was showing off a week ago with an auction over over 10k pure ep.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by unipanthers14 Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Back to the agility question...the agility monster is worthless and I actually played with two max skilled A+'s to my three AA+s and faired much much better. Especially when the skills fill in the gaps on your team. The agility skill at that level doesn't really help from my testing/expereince.

unipanthers14

Back to top Go down

Post by unipanthers14 Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Agility is a neccessity at the lower levels however. It is a must!

unipanthers14

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 am

unipanthers14 wrote:Back to the agility question...the agility monster is worthless and I actually played with two max skilled A+'s to my three AA+s and faired much much better. Especially when the skills fill in the gaps on your team. The agility skill at that level doesn't really help from my testing/expereince.

The agility monster is a requirement for any and all teams unless you get your hands on the mixed Wyrm AA+ team / the Sin Demon AA+ team. If you are actually winning with that setup you must be fighting some really sad teams, even a decent A+ team should beat you with no problem. There are 2 team strategies in this game, the striker and the turtle...the turtle gets tons of defense and HP so it can survive the initial attack of the enemy and eventually win out, usually made up of all AA+...the striker attacks first, kills 3 of the enemy units before they can attack, always 1 agility monster and then whatever else has the best combos/attack.

That being said...create whatever team you want, bank your gold, don't worry about it because there essentially is no battle competition at all in this game.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

unipanthers14 wrote:Agility is a neccessity at the lower levels however. It is a must!

More accurately, leveled up monsters is a must. Unless you have a good explanation for why someone battling me lost to a 30 bp junk team that I put together.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Horg wrote:
unipanthers14 wrote:Back to the agility question...the agility monster is worthless and I actually played with two max skilled A+'s to my three AA+s and faired much much better. Especially when the skills fill in the gaps on your team. The agility skill at that level doesn't really help from my testing/expereince.

The agility monster is a requirement for any and all teams unless you get your hands on the mixed Wyrm AA+ team / the Sin Demon AA+ team. If you are actually winning with that setup you must be fighting some really sad teams, even a decent A+ team should beat you with no problem. There are 2 team strategies in this game, the striker and the turtle...the turtle gets tons of defense and HP so it can survive the initial attack of the enemy and eventually win out, usually made up of all AA+...the striker attacks first, kills 3 of the enemy units before they can attack, always 1 agility monster and then whatever else has the best combos/attack.

That being said...create whatever team you want, bank your gold, don't worry about it because there essentially is no battle competition at all in this game.

That's is not true. Almost everyone chose to run a AA+ team without agility to a mixed team with agility. You don't need an agility in your AA+ team until they release a AA+ with one or well maybe after these events. If the ability in shown in the grand summoners is true for the new AA+ in game than it ruins it. They all have hell blaze like one shot ability which brings agility back into the equation as it is than possible to kill 3 of your opponent in the first round. As it stands now a AA+ team with agility cannot kill 3 of an opponent's AA+ team unless its a lame bp16/20 no skill. They just have too much defense and hp. You don't need the species combo to abandon agility, a guilld 3x one works just as well.

As a side note, before I completed my 5 AA+ one, I often ran with a 4AA+ and a max defense one works just as well or better than a 4AA+ with a max agility depending on the situation. If you're attacking a 5AA+ team they don't have agility so your AA+ will attack first regardless of agility in which case the defense is actually much more preferable than the agility as your A+ agility is unlikely to do much damage at all (my marbas hardly did any damage). The added defense however, can make a difference between surviving the counterattack without losing too many members. So if the poster said he is getting better result without agility than with, it is entirely possible depending on who he is attacking etc... Not just low level/bp teams.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down