Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress)

+10
Mawrg
Deathblob
Risca
Frolon
General Osf
kyan
xalthos
prancey
iheartz
Armitaage
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress) Empty GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress)

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Well hello there. Recently, a few users and myself got into a bit of a debate about how does sacrificing monsters work, what determines the amount of exp gained. Being the curious cat that I am, I decided to play around with it a bit, and try to weed out the various variables involved. Now, after days of trying this and trying that, I am going to deliver the results of my testing.

Firstly, I tested what gives more exp: 1x 5 bp monster or 5x 1 bp monsters. To test this I used 2x 1 bp rank C monsters and 1x 5 bp rank B monster and another 5x 1 bp rank C monsters. The test went as follows:

First, I sacrificed the 5 bp monster to one of the first two 1 bp Rank C monsters. Then I sacrificed the other five 1 bp monsters to the other rank C monster. The first monster went up 1 level and about 1/5 of the way to the next level. The second monster went up 2 levels and a little way into the next level.

Result of the first test: more monsters sacrificed at once = more exp and levels.

Secondly, I tested to see if the rank of the sacrifices matters. I sacrificed a rank C monster with 10 bp to a 1 bp rank C monster and a rank A with 10 bp to an identical 1 bp rank C monster. Both Rank C monsters went up 1 level and about 1/5 of the way to the next level.

Result of the second test: rank of the sacrifice does NOT matter.

Thirdly, I tested to see if a 1 bp monster gives the exact same exp as a 10 bp monster. I sacrificed a 1 bp Rank C monster to a 1 bp rank C monster and a 10 bp rank C monster to another 1 bp rank C monster. They both went up 1 level and a short way into the next but the monster that was powered up by the 10 bp rank C monster had a little bit MORE exp toward the next level than the monster that was powered up with the 1 bp rank C monster.

Result of the third test: higher bp cost DOES indeed give more exp.

Lastly, I repeated the third test, but with bp costs that are closer to each other. In this last test I sacrificed a 3 bp rank C to a 1 bp rank C and a 7 bp rank C to a 1 bp rank C. Both 1 bp rank Cs went up 1 level and about 1/5 of the way to the next level. there was no difference in how much exp they had toward the next level that I can observe.

Result of the last test: while higher bp cost gives more exp, the amount extra is small, and not easily seen. Even though the two exp bars were at the same place, that does not mean that the second monster had the absolutely exact same exp, since we don't have numerical representations, we cannot be sure that they're absolutely equal.

To summarize, exp gained depends on the number of sacrifices and, to a lesser extent, the bp cost of the individual sacrifices. A note should be made that sacrificing monsters individually gives more exp and levels than sacrificing the same monsters all at once, but is more expensive. In order of most exp gained to least exp gained, sacrificing 5 1bp rank C monsters one at a time gives more exp than sacrificing the same 5 1bp rank C monsters together, which gives more exp than sacrificing 1 5bp rank C monster.

Big thanks to xalthos and prancey for their input.

If anyone is interested in contributing more, please post here what tests you've done, and their results, and I'll update the OP after verifying. I will of course credit your work.

For more details on the formulae at play in dark summoner, including sacrificing formulae, check out this sticky thread: Collection of Formulas for Dark Summoner

References: prancey and xalthosCollection of Formulas for Dark Summoner

Last edited by Armitaage on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress) Empty Re: GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress)

Post by iheartz Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow! I never knew that sacrificing in batch gave more exp. Going have to do that now. Thank you a lot for your contributions ^^

iheartz

Back to top Go down

GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress) Empty Re: GUIDE to sacrificing(work in progress)

Post by prancey Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Sacrificing in batches is also considerably cheaper. I usually try and do 10 at once as the cost difference, especially at higher levels, becomes quite pronounced.

prancey

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:19 am

Oh, I've known for a while that sacrificing in bulk is cheaper, anyone with at least two working brain cells can see that, lol. You don't have to do any tests to see that. I have focused on the less obvious aspects of it, the ones causing debates and disagreements, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by xalthos Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 am

Armitaage wrote:
Firstly, I tested what gives more exp: 1x 5 bp monster or 5x 1 bp monsters. To test this I used 2x 1 bp rank C monsters and 1x 5 bp rank B monster and another 5x 1 bp rank C monsters. The test went as follows:

First, I sacrificed the 5 bp monster to one of the first two 1 bp Rank C monsters. Then I sacrificed the other five 1 bp monsters to the other rank C monster. The first monster went up 1 level and about 1/5 of the way to the next level. The second monster went up 2 levels and a little way into the next level.

Result of the first test: more monsters sacrificed at once = more exp and levels.

I just wanted to add something to this observation, and clarify something that was not specifically mentioned. Sacrificing five 1 BP monsters at once will indeed give more experience than sacrificing just one 5 BP monster. However, sacrificing those 1 BP monsters one at a time would actually give more experience than doing it all at once.

Here was my little experiment:

I used two Violet Soul Banshees (Level 1, Rank C, 3 BP) and ten Rank C 4 BP monsters.

Sacrificing five of those 4 BP monsters at once resulted in a Level 3 Banshee, with about 1/5 of the bar filled toward level 4.

Sacrificing five of those 4 BP monsters one at a time resulted in a Level 4 Banshee with about 3/4 of the bar filled toward level 5.

So if you have a bunch of monsters to sacrifice, doing it one at a time will result in greater experience gained. There are three things to consider about this though:

Sacrificing monsters one at a time will cost considerably more gold than doing it all at once.

This difference in level will be harder to spot when sacrificing monsters at higher levels, since the experience between levels appears to be greater. Doing this same test on monsters at level 50 may result in a much smaller difference, may be something worth trying out.

Who wants to tediously sacrifice one at a time anyway? If you're poor (like me) then the gold saved is convincing enough for me to sacrifice in bulk.

This was definitely a great idea for a thread, good job to everyone who is investigating these things. Hopefully our results will help a lot of people effectively level their monsters.

xalthos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

bump

also, updated OP to reflect new information
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:19 am

I recently power level a monster and track the bp cost of the sacrifices to see how large a contribution higher bp gives and when does it become cost effective to use higher bp monsters rather than selling them for gold.

I was sacrificing in bulk of 10 monsters at a time with bp total ranging from 10-50. I track it from level 10-100 and even given eyeballing the xp bar and the fact that higher level require more xp to level than at lower level. Even with all these caveats, the conclusions I came to is that 10 monster will give you ~2 level base with each 10bp gives you ~0.1 more level. The calculation also works out reasonably well when applied to soul of wisdom and soul of enlightenment.

if the above holds true than it only becomes economical to use higher bp monster for sacrifice above ~level 45 when the cost of that 0.1 level is above 1000 gold which is what 10bp sells for. The higher the level the better it is to use higher bp monster for sacrifice rather than selling for gold.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm

that is an interesting bit of work you've done, perhaps we can make a sort of formula to help us calculate total cost of maxing a monster based on the bp of monsters sacrificed in bulk, and the number of monsters sacrificed at the same time, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Big thanks Armitaage sunny this is a very interesting thread and sure to help some new and veteran players as well.

You are worthy of recognition. cheers
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks for the praise, General Osf, you're too kind. ^-^ I was just tired of the debate and wanted to settle it once and for all, and share the results with the community, to avoid future disagreements on the subject, lol. I thought it would clear up some of the clutter, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Since this an investigative thread i had a question for other veteran players: If you sacrifice an AA lvl 1 with another AA lv 1 to evolve into AA+ the gold needed is about 1 million and 100K. How much would the cost be reduced if both AA were Lv 100 or close to Max.

Has anybody done this? Thanks.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 pm

The cost is reduce substantially when they one of them is leveled up. I haven't use a maxed one but I heard from others that it only cost about 20k. I used a level 70ish and that was about 350k. A level 50 is about 500k. It seems to be that the cost is proportional to how much it cost approximately to level the AA to 100, plus a little extra. It seems to be that for AA unlike A, you recover most of the cost in gold to level it when you evolve it. You only need one to be leveled for the reduced cost. The other one does not matter.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Awesome Kyan, thanks for the info... I better start leveling my AA's if i want to evolve them, cause i ain't got enough gold to evolve them at once.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Err... If I understand kyan's post, it would be easier to just evolve them at lvl 1, since gold cost is the same, but leveling them first requires you to spend energy on getting sacrificial fodder too. That will slow you down, and it will use up ep you could have spent on other monsters, or the event at the time. Holding on to a million is easy, just bank and ask them to release it asap, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah, maybe i could buy gold, because i am always broke... No gold... nothing, nada, zero, zip.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 pm

yeah. Banking is the way to safe gold. It cost ~1.1million to level a AA to level 100 without using souls. The cost will be cheaper if you use souls at the higher level. I guess leveling will let you safe gold and use the monster in the meantime at the cost of fodders.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Lol, why buy the whole of it? I get most of my gold by defeating suckaz that are not used to defeat, lol, they're arrogant enough to not bank their gold, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

when you get to high level. There aren't enough suckaz around for battling to give enough gold. Getting 10k for a win is a consider good most of the time its just a couple of k. If there are suckaz that don't bank and occasionally there is, they get farm so quickly it doesn't last.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frolon Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Great guide!

I'd add one point that you guys who've played for months probably knew, but I found important for me. If you want to level your guys up fast early on or later on if you have lots of gold, repeat the early levels, particularly the Death Mountains set. These are only 1 Energy each and give 4BP monsters at somewhere near the drop rate of higher missions (no extentive testing done, but 20 missions at each of several levels saw no difference), so you end up with a lot more monster fodder per energy spent. Also, the Death Mountain missions give 48-72 gold per energy used, which again is much higher per energy than other missions (or at least other missions this semi-newbie has tried.)

Frolon

Back to top Go down

Post by Risca Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 am

And isnt it true that sacrificing 10 of the same monster gives more exp? I heard that somewhere but havent tested it myself. True or False?
And thanks for the new info on sacrificing!

Risca

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 am

According to the formulas thread, it's best to level an AA to 27 and then evolve it.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mawrg Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Anyone else having trouble with this lately? I have a cruel bw that has failed to skill up from 1 to 2 FOUR times in the last week, two of those with skill level 2 sacrifices.

Mawrg

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkEidolon Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:42 am

A while back I had a bunch of 3bp monsters and tested sacrificing in groups. I sacrificed 2 3bp monsters to 1 3bp monster, and it gained less experience than when I sacrificed 2 of the same 3bp monsters individually to a 3bp monster. Both monsters being leveled started at level 1 with no experience towards level 2.

I did this test after sacrificing 10 spirits to a monster simultaneously, including 2 enlightenment+ and the monster only went to level 27, which I thought was a bit low.

DarkEidolon

Back to top Go down

Post by byce80 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 pm

not sure if anyone has mentioned the reason for getting more exp for saccing individually. It's because when you sacrifice monsters the bonus exp you get from the achievement is for each batch of sacrifice so lets say you have the 14exp achievement, sac 1 monster you get that exp + 14exp, if you sacrifice a batch of monsters you get the batch exp + 14exp. so it is better to sacrifice one at a time if your not too lazy. with max aa achievement saccing 2x 1bp monsters individually = 1 level.

byce80

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying Dagger Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Thats interesting byce. I will try that out thanks.
Flying Dagger
Flying Dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next