Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buguse/brokenEvent

+6
alphakennyken
TheFury
Guvire
kyan
Gargos
sumdark
10 posters

Go down

Buguse/brokenEvent Empty Buguse/brokenEvent

Post by sumdark Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 pm

There has been a bug in the actual event.

People got over 2000 SETS in a few hours.
15-20 sets with 1 ! Battlepotion. lol! plot

Using low bp monster the game displayed low bp opponents.
(they fixed it) pig
How do you think about how ATeam should act now?
Its not a hack, but i know in other game they ban buguser.
Fair player are the big looser. No

sumdark

Back to top Go down

Buguse/brokenEvent Empty Re: Buguse/brokenEvent

Post by Gargos Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:08 pm

sumdark wrote:There has been a bug in the actual event.

People got over 2000 SETS in a few hours.
15-20 sets with 1 ! Battlepotion. lol! plot

Using low bp monster the game displayed low bp opponents.
(they fixed it) pig
How do you think about how ATeam should act now?
Its not a hack, but i know in other game they ban buguser.
Fair player are the big looser. No

Do these people keep their high set amounts? If so that freaken suuucckkkss!

Gargos

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:19 pm

So far they haven't done anything other than fixed the bug. I haven't heard of any game than ban bug user. Its one thing if the user hacks the game. Its another thing when the release a game with bug due to incomplete testing. The most I have seen is they a roll back. Will be interesting to see how Ateam handles this. My guess is nothing as it doesn't really hurt them, other than frustrated players which is nothing new. Smile

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:01 pm

kyan wrote:So far they haven't done anything other than fixed the bug. I haven't heard of any game than ban bug user. Its one thing if the user hacks the game. Its another thing when the release a game with bug due to incomplete testing. The most I have seen is they a roll back. Will be interesting to see how Ateam handles this. My guess is nothing as it doesn't really hurt them, other than frustrated players which is nothing new. Smile

Kyan

Whole-heartedly agree with kyan. I'd just hope that not more than 50 people per guild exploited the bug. It'd be tough to get in the top 200 if more than that had such an unrealistic head start

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargos Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Well I recommend people making an attempt to send an email to Ateam regarding your displeasure for the way thy handled the situation. I've sent mine and maybe they won't pay attention to it but if more people send an email they can't ignore all of us. Can they?

Gargos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Gargos wrote:Well I recommend people making an attempt to send an email to Ateam regarding your displeasure for the way thy handled the situation. I've sent mine and maybe they won't pay attention to it but if more people send an email they can't ignore all of us. Can they?

What do you expect them to do? If they do nothing, it's not really fair to everyone who heard about this tactic late. If they remove all the sets from people who used this tactic (since it can't really be called a bug), it's unfair to them.

Unless it's possible for them to rollback everyone's sets AND reimburse everyone for their EP/BP expenses (which they would never do), someone gets screwed over.

Best is to just let them know how much this sucks for players who didn't get in on it and that they need to think things through more in the future.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by alphakennyken Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Who and how gets 15-20 sets with 1 BP?

alphakennyken

Back to top Go down

Post by some guy Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:13 am

It seems like everyone is only thinking about the AA rewards at the end of the event.
If these people got 2000 sets that's 2000 free summons already. Which is a slap in the face to anyone who has wasted hihihi on dark summons. Especially since the chances of good cards seem better with this event.
These people now have a huge advantage over any legit players and can build the best combos and sell the rest for an insane amount of ep.
Or they could flood the market with cheap prices but that seems unlikely.

I think they have to punish these people so they don't
alienate the legit and paying customers who have sunk so much time and hihihi into this game.

Last edited by some guy on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : stupid autocorrect)

some guy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 am

some guy wrote:It seems like everyone is only thinking about the AA rewards at the end of the event.
If these people got 2000 sets that's 2000 free summons already. Which is a slap in the face to anyone who has wasted Is it wrong I love my mom *blushing* on dark summons. Especially since the chances of good cards seem better with this event.
These people now have a huge advantage over any legit players and can build the best combos and sell the rest for an insane amount of ep.
Or they could flood the market with cheap prices but that seems unlikely.

I think they have to punish these people so they don't
alienate the legit and paying customers who have sunk so much time and Is it wrong I love my mom *blushing* into this game.

The problem is, this wasn't a bug. Players who took advantage of this didn't hack code, or break any rules. They found an effective strategy using the rules at A-Team themselves set up. Saying they should be punished is like saying players who clear out floors instead of hunting straight for the bosses should be punished, just because they found a more effective strategy.

In the end, the blame rests on the shoulders of A-Team. They didn't test or think out this feature, and it should of been apparent to them that this would happen when they decided to match you against people of the same BP cost.

And I don't think more than a very, very small number of people actually got above 1000 summons on the first day. It won't have a significant impact on the market, the total summons from every player combined will be MUCH higher than the summons of these players who got a few hundred sets in the first day.

Maybe they could extend the AA reward limit from top 200 to top 250 or something. That wouldn't "fix" everything, but it's a better solution than punishing players who did nothing wrong. Of course, that would include making a public statement about it, and I have a hunch A-Team doesn't want to do that.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 am

So, am I to understand that you're unhappy about players having to do a little bit more work to get ranked? Just because you have ranked in the top 200 on every event does not mean that you necessarily have to be able to rank there in this event. Way I see it, any event that makes it possible for a relatively new player to get in the top 200, if they work for it a little bit, is a very good thing. The way things are now, I am very disappointed with a team, I was actually enjoying the challenge before they made it so it doesn't match your team's potential.

Edit: besides, the low bp team to rank trick is nothing new, it's how a great many people rank on the weekly and overall rankings, so why should this event be any different? If they are not going to change the way people get in the weekly/overall rankings, I don't see why this event is so different.

Last edited by Armitaage on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : avoid double posting)
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 am

Armitaage wrote:So, am I to understand that you're unhappy about players having to do a little bit more work to get ranked? Just because you have ranked in the top 200 on every event does not mean that you necessarily have to be able to rank there in this event. Way I see it, any event that makes it possible for a relatively new player to get in the top 200, if they work for it a little bit, is a very good thing. The way things are now, I am very disappointed with a team, I was actually enjoying the challenge before they made it so it doesn't match your team's potential.

Are you responding to me, or someone else?

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 am

TheFury, I'm responding to the topic in general, since most seem to think that giving a competitive edge to anyone who doesn't have ep coming out the wazoo is a bad thing. Not calling anyone names, but I find it an unfortunate attitude, particularly since this is really a tap game, not a skill game.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 am

Armitaage wrote:TheFury, I'm responding to the topic in general, since most seem to think that giving a competitive edge to anyone who doesn't have ep coming out the wazoo is a bad thing. Not calling anyone names, but I find it an unfortunate attitude, particularly since this is really a tap game, not a skill game.

Ahh, just making sure. I'm pretty confident no one who has responded in this thread so far has regularly gotten in the top 200 rankings (if ever, I know I haven't). But I don't really know anyone else who responded so I could totally be wrong.

Also, I agree with your sentiment, but during the first day of this event lower ranks did great, and higher ranks with EP to burn (by turning into BP) did super-great. I can understand someone in the middle ranks (35-95) being frustrated - but yes, I think it is good to allow people other than the top small percentage to compete now and then.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:05 am

From what I've seen in the first day, so many ppl were buying bp that most sellers waited quite a while before selling, lol, so I don't think the bp issue was that one sided. And it's not like it would have occurred to most of the rich ppl to try using bp instead of ep, just because they're used to spending ep to rank.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 am

Armitaage wrote:From what I've seen in the first day, so many ppl were buying bp that most sellers waited quite a while before selling, lol, so I don't think the bp issue was that one sided. And it's not like it would have occurred to most of the rich ppl to try using bp instead of ep, just because they're used to spending ep to rank.

Oh, I totally agree - but a group of high ranking players of unknown size did realize that and take full advantage of it. Maybe it was just 50 people, or maybe it was several hundred (or more if you count alts). If the latter, then low ranking players will have an extremely tough time getting above 200, even if they with that advantage.

As a comparison, in my clan and allies of maybe 65 people total, I know of about 5 that took advantage of this to get well of 100 sets. If that means that 8% of the high ranking players (of which there are thousands) used this trick, then there may not be *any* spots left for lower ranks. I'm hoping I got a disproportionately high number of allies who used the trick, but I really don't know for sure. Once word spread about it, pretty much everyone who found out jumped on it.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by some guy Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:20 am

OK thefury made some great points and I can't disagree with anything he said. I'm just frustrated I wasted all my eps doing missions thinking I might have a chance in this event. I am still pretty new and was already angry that BP tournament had me as a level 20 going against level 90s and then I saw a lot of the high ranked players have c formations to farm this event. I just had to vent my frustration but your right its a teams mistake not the guys smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity.

some guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:35 am

Yeah, if you used up all your ep, that would suck indeed. Me, I honestly didn't think I would have a chance to rank until I discovered battling. I have never used ep in any event, since it is the only currency most ppl accept to buy monsters. I was ecstatic to finally have a chance to get ranked, then a team changed the event to favor only lowbies and those who have ep. I understand feeling cheated out of your ep, but those are the breaks. I am just lucky I met one of my allies who advised me not to spend traceable ep in events, instead to use the my energy potions, the ones you can't trade.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 am

some guy wrote:OK thefury made some great points and I can't disagree with anything he said. I'm just frustrated I wasted all my eps doing missions thinking I might have a chance in this event. I am still pretty new and was already angry that BP tournament had me as a level 20 going against level 90s and then I saw a lot of the high ranked players have c formations to farm this event. I just had to vent my frustration but your right its a teams mistake not the guys smart enough to take advantage of the opportunity.

Yeah, I can understand how annoying that could be if you had already sunk EP into the event. You have every right to be annoyed by the situation; I think it is perfectly fair to expect A-Team to release an event without any surprises like this, and they weren't able to do so (everyone makes mistakes, and I hope they've learned from this one).

Also, for what it's worth, a lot of high ranking players have Cs in their formation because they quit, and it's good form to leave a single (or 5) Cs in your formation so that other players can farm you for honor points and experience. That way lower ranks can jump up the ladder quicker. So it *might* not be as bad as you are fearing. There will be 600 AAs given out, I believe, so if only 50 or so players really took massive advantage off of this, and assuming many of them would end up in the top 200 anyway, then MAYBE it's not so bad.

Regardless, we're going to have to just wait and see. There might be a lot of disappointment to go around for everyone when the mid-event rankings are released, but let's keep our fingers crossed until then.

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 am

Yes, very good point TheFury, about quitters leaving a team that can be farmed for honor. And besides, farming the event battles was better done with a single A+m dark lord, than a team of Cs, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Armitaage wrote:From what I've seen in the first day, so many ppl were buying bp that most sellers waited quite a while before selling, lol, so I don't think the bp issue was that one sided. And it's not like it would have occurred to most of the rich ppl to try using bp instead of ep, just because they're used to spending ep to rank.

This is a repeat event. Many old player have seen it 2-3 times already. We all know battling is the way to complete the sets. It much more efficient than searching. The first time this event was release bp was trading at 1:3 for ep. The highest I have seen and I have been playing for awhile. Many "rich ppl" which tend to be the one who played for a long time have known all about it. The last time this event came out, they restrict battling to anyone with 7 or more so there was hardly anyone to fight. This time they try something else and end up breaking it.

There's no use speculating how many ppl figured this out and took advantage of it. We'll see soon enough when they release the mid event ranking. From my ally list there were a few but not many and they were the ones that routinely ranked in the top for any event anyway so there is no big loss there except that Ateam didn't get alot of ep/bp out of them.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by dr4ko Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:41 pm

400+ Sets maked with only 10 Battle Potions and 245 Battle Points.

And i hope stay in the 200th top, my first AA Very Happy

Buguse/brokenEvent 25682094
dr4ko
dr4ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Khastarax Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:53 pm

No wonder I saw this guy on my ally list having only basically his AA (Taroth) and 2 trash and ROCKED with sets in such a short amount of time (plus he was trading BPs comparably cheap) that I began to think the possibility of just him finding a supposedly "smart" way by battling as a an underdog (y'know, "high risk-high reward") to get sets but I wouldn't have thought it was anything like this.
Khastarax
Khastarax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum