Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me? (small rant)

+8
ctigers124
Gargos
Deemo
zajef7
jesslover
prancey
Loki
Guvire
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it just me? (small rant) Empty Is it just me? (small rant)

Post by Guvire Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 am

I suppose I could go on a rant about the insane number of "Price Check PLEASE" topics that I see on a daily basis, but the problem seems to be a bit deeper then that.

It USED to be that any person with a bit of time could browse the auctions (or the weekly top 3 ranked walls) and get a fair estimate on what monster values were. Now it seems like the auctions have been taken over by either greedy alts, or just plain stupid people. So heres a few tips.

-If you are going to pay 20EP+ for a card, make sure it's for a formation that is actually viable.
-If you are going to bank gold, make sure you do so on an auction that holds more value then the gold you offer. (Banking 100k+ for a rank C monster is just plain dumb.)
-If you decide to let someone catalogue your AA and they scam you... (Honestly just delete the game, if you don't understand that a majority of people are dishonest in a game where they have several layers of anonymity, then you deserved to get scammed)
-If you are going to complain that this game is EP driven, and most high end cards can not be obtained by trading monsters YOU'D never use... see the above point.

Ok granted those last two were just things that bug me in game. I hate to see when trusting people get scammed, but I do find it funny the amount of threats people get on walls when that should of never happened in the 1st place. Remember that 1EP costs near a dollar. If the AA you want to catalogue is running multiple hundred EP, why the F would you trust a complete stranger with hundreds of dollars?!?!

Ok MY rant is over... but feel free to add anything that bugs you in game. (It'd be rude to tell a person they deserved to get scammed in game... which is why this post is here.)

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Is it just me? (small rant) Empty Re: Is it just me? (small rant)

Post by Loki Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 am

Amen

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by prancey Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:57 am

I giggled Smile

prancey

Back to top Go down

Post by jesslover Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:23 am

so true its crazy that an A card or A+ card is 20EP i have my whole team Covert Winged Wyrm and not spending more then 5ep but i would trade cards that were worth maybe 6 ep and 7 ep for them and i hear people complain ALL THE TIME its annoying if u dont like it or you relly could use it dont GIFT IT always get insurance in trade
jesslover
jesslover

Back to top Go down

Post by prancey Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:30 am

I will say the trades I've made through these forums have always been hassle free.

This has included times where I've traded a number of monsters so thank you to all those honest forum ppl out there

prancey

Back to top Go down

Post by zajef7 Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 am

When you quit the game for like 5 days :

1st : try to sell monsters for ep BEFORE

2nd : try to find a trustworthy guy that know the prices

Like i didnt sold my taroth for 90 5 days ago and now he is 75. Sad
zajef7
zajef7

https://sites.google.com/site/darksummonertrade/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

Monsters that are not limited event rewards ALWAYS lose value. EP does not Wink

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 pm

For me, the most annoying this in this game is the auction - every single part of it. No search, no real way of sorting, no comments when rejecting, no way of contacting people. It's a big ball of fail. But the absolute worst part is saving up 1.5mil, posting on the front page, then getting 250+ offers of all c's, b's and crappy CRAPPY a's for your auction and having to clear them. Oh, and the line below their offer that says OHAI DIS GUD DEAL TAK IT PLZ PLZ

/rageface

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargos Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Man, I couldn't agree with you more. Great post!

I couldn't believe how much Asura is selling for now in the auction. Saw someone selling an Asura+ for like 80 EP!!! It seems like one person saw the price of that asura and suddenly the price just sky rocketed. Doesn't make sense to me.

Can't believe how many people trust strangers with their valuable cards either.

Gargos

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes thank you! The auction is soo terrible. It's creates an incredibly inefficient market where most don't no real values and makes liquidating assets an impossible chore.

ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojo611 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Big Bump to you all!

LOL Price check on a summon I just got for a Deep Sea Destruct
Mojo611
Mojo611

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Search function would be a game changer. But they won't do that cause people will pay the min of gold and gold drives some ep sales.
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 am

Wow everything in this threat is so true, from the main post to all the comments. What annoys me is people auctioning crappy monsters and expecting AA in return. I would say: Do some research about the value of your monsters or be open to offers before demanding an AA or Elites.

I concur with "Prancey" i've done great trades here at the forum, wish i could say the same about auctions.

Thanks for this forum which has helped me get more involved in the game and allowed me to meet some of my best Allies.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Deemo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:48 am

Yeah the forum is pretty rad. I think we should have a quote board for stupid things said in auction posted somewhere :p

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 am

Deemo wrote:For me, the most annoying this in this game is the auction - every single part of it. No search, no real way of sorting, no comments when rejecting, no way of contacting people. It's a big ball of fail. But the absolute worst part is saving up 1.5mil, posting on the front page, then getting 250+ offers of all c's, b's and crappy CRAPPY a's for your auction and having to clear them. Oh, and the line below their offer that says OHAI DIS GUD DEAL TAK IT PLZ PLZ

/rageface

Yeah, and i have received some offers during my auctions with people saying things like: "Take this Please" "This should be enough" ... Sad part is that some of them are seriously low balling.
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargos Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 am

General Osf wrote:Wow everything in this threat is so true, from the main post to all the comments. What annoys me is people auctioning crappy monsters and expecting AA in return. I would say: Do some research about the value of your monsters or be open to offers before demanding an AA or Elites.

I concur with "Prancey" i've done great trades here at the forum, wish i could say the same about auctions.

Thanks for this forum which has helped me get more involved in the game and allowed me to meet some of my best Allies.

Example:
Trading Blood blob, White Wing Elite and Slaughter Bee Queen. Looking for 100 EP or AA. No low balling or crappy AA's. Judge Minos or Anna is auto.

Gargos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 am

Gargos wrote:
General Osf wrote:Wow everything in this threat is so true, from the main post to all the comments. What annoys me is people auctioning crappy monsters and expecting AA in return. I would say: Do some research about the value of your monsters or be open to offers before demanding an AA or Elites.

Example:
Trading Blood blob, White Wing Elite and Slaughter Bee Queen. Looking for 100 EP or AA. No low balling or crappy AA's. Judge Minos or Anna is auto.

Bwahahaha, that guy is delusional, I would never pay 100 ep for that unless the wwe was A+m(20). Agility rules this game, so 100 ep for max agi is rather cheap, lol, especially for a winged brute. And yes, I wish I had more control in auctions, at least as far as searching auctions, lol. Not that auctions haven't been beneficial to me, lol. Got some good deals that have allowed me to build my 4 combo sin demon team, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I just want a forum type section in game. That way intelligent people can post on how idiotic these auctions are, and those with a lesser vocabulary. An get banned for blatent harrassment Wink

... I suppose for now it's good enough to know that they spent good on an auction no one is bidding on.

Best dumb auction ever: 1 rank C card with the auction tag.. 200 EP for this hacked monster with 99,999 attack defense and hit points. Note: card only shows these values when in your inventory, it only looks like its a normal C in auction.

ROFLMAO

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Guvire wrote:I just want a forum type section in game. That way intelligent people can post on how idiotic these auctions are, and those with a lesser vocabulary. An get banned for blatent harrassment Wink

... I suppose for now it's good enough to know that they spent good on an auction no one is bidding on.

Best dumb auction ever: 1 rank C card with the auction tag.. 200 EP for this hacked monster with 99,999 attack defense and hit points. Note: card only shows these values when in your inventory, it only looks like its a normal C in auction.

ROFLMAO

wow, that guy doesn't even have the decency to put an A card, instead he is trying to screw you with a C card. That's crazy LOL
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Lol, you know what the auction really needs? Not a search function, but a report idiotic scammer function, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Armitaage wrote: Lol, you know what the auction really needs? Not a search function, but a report idiotic scammer function, lol

Where is the like button for this Wink
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam_Baum Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 am

When deciding on the amount of gold to post when submitting an offer (10k being the minimum), I've always thought that the next best thing besides being close to the front page is being towards the back. Unless I'm going to drop some serious gold to ensure my auction is close to the front, why drop any more then the minimum since it seems like it would put my auction somewhere near the middle where people are less likely to find it.

Also, for the people who post the minimum when submitting an auction, how is the order decided? Does the latest auctioneer who posts the 10k gold start at the back or front of the rest of the minimum posters.

I guess my post, along with others I've seen, is a testament to how much the current auction system needs a serious re-haul.

I know one thing for sure, there will never, let me repeat that... NEVER be a search function that would allow you to find a specific monster or item. As someone else has said, there will never be a true market in this game because the people who profit from this WANT monsters and items to be overpaid for.

Adam_Baum

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 am

Well, I wouldn't say never, there's a good chance that a team will so royally fk up an event that adding a search function will be a necessity, lol. Look at how easy they made it to get monsters in the first day of this event, lol. Auction prices for the monsters are sure to fluctuate WILDLY, lol. Now imagine if they fk up even more next event, lol
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam_Baum Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:18 am

Armitaage wrote:Well, I wouldn't say never, there's a good chance that a team will so royally fk up an event that adding a search function will be a necessity, lol. Look at how easy they made it to get monsters in the first day of this event, lol. Auction prices for the monsters are sure to fluctuate WILDLY, lol. Now imagine if they fk up even more next event, lol

I would venture to say "NEVER" because DS is profit driven. Just think about how the competitive markets in our current economy keep the cost of goods down. A search function in the game would give us more options, therefore giving the buyer the option of trading for a particular monster or item at its lowest value.

Adam_Baum

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 am

True, but the AAs and elites don't vary too much in value anyway, so it really won't cost a team any profit. Let's not forget that only 3 things are generally traded in auction : AAs, elites, and gold. Gold is not fluctuating much, always around 7ep for 1m, and elites and AAs generally stay around the same price anyway. The only thing that impacts on AAs and elites is the new monsters being released with each event.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next