Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player

2 posters

Go down

prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player Empty prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player

Post by larry378 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi everybody, I'm relatively new to the game (played for less than a week), and I have a few questions about prog monsters.

Are events/prog monsters a very common thing? i.e. will a new event with new prog monster start as soon as the current event ends and so on?

And along that theme; do prog monsters decrease in value DRAMATICALLY following the end of their relevant events?

Depending on the answer to this question, I may or may not have a follow up
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player Empty Re: prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player

Post by Binda Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

First of all, the value of progs obviously depends on the rewards for any given event and on the frequency it can be summoned.
For last time's event, the progs were relatively rare and the event rewards included AA monsters, hence they were traded for up to 100 eps for a plus at the start of the event.
This event's rewards, however, will be distributed much more abundantly and have rather sucky stats; on top of that the progs pop out like whack-a-moles when people use drops of darkness summons or dark summons. Hence right now they go for less than 5eps.

Again, what decides post-event prog prices is the monster's stats and skill when considered as just a regular monster. The value of last events' progs depended chiefly on the event rewards, so they plummeted to under 10ep after the event. for this event; I'm not really sure how lower the progs can go. But look at Balrog or Asura; they're still coveted mobs due to their stats and skills even after their respective events.
Binda
Binda

Back to top Go down

prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player Empty Re: prog monsters and events; a couple of questions from a new player

Post by Binda Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 pm

P.S. There's usually a small gap of a few days between events that use progs, so I guess you have that much time; but in general I would think Ateam tries to keep its events, and hence its customers, as continuous as possible.
Binda
Binda

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks Binda; here's my follow up;

I was fortunate enough to receive a Furnace Dragon from a free signup dark summon, and its been the formation leader since I started playing and has been performing quite well; that being said, Eventually I would like to be able to use an A+ rarity/impulse combo. As a new player with barely an ep to my name, Chances of upgrading my furnace dragon to A+ seem like a very long term goal since they're ~10 ep each now; on the other hand, 10ep is alot of money to me right now, and could be pretty instrumental in getting some more A+s (buying As to evolve my current mons); however Furnace Dragon appears to be a pretty high stat monster in general, (sure, nothing top notch, but pretty good for a non-spirit-point-buying new player like myself) so dropping future prices could really work to my benefit;

My current team; which Furnace Dragon is basically the offensive cornerstone of, leveled him up to 20 since I got him, just got a talos and DEB+ today, so they're levels and 7 respectively, definitely long term keepers, but presently not heavy hitters.

Name|Att|Def|HP|Skill Total

Furnace Dragon|1657|1639|979|4275
Pure Dark Embodiment|1487|1056|1100|3643
Cruel Black Wings|1080|1179|943|3202
Dark Elf Berserker+|1306|1408|2059|4773
Hellfire Talos|1677|1241|1321|4239

TLDR: should a new poor player hold on to prog monster? or sell it while its worth something to work on un-newbieing the rest of the team (because to be fair, only two of my teamsters (DEB+, CBW) even have skills and one's a raid boss for goodness sake)
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Binda Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:43 pm

You could actually get a Furnace for as low as 3eps right now, or rather wait until the event ends and get one for maybe 1ep, which I would recommend should you decide to use him.

A very cost efficient monster to use would be Scrap Meat Zombie+, he's got 20 battle points with decent stats and an increase party attack skill; you'd get this one +version and skill lvl 1 for maybe 3eps.

Spite devil mage is also a great mob. It's a 23bp demon that hits harder than half the elite As in the game and has a very handy decrease enemy attack skill, but goes for only about 5eps for a regular due to it being distributed rather abundantly during the last event. Spite+ is in fact an integral part of my own team.

Also, the agility skill is crucial to any team, so you should also get a child of pit+, which goes for about 4eps should you get him cheap.

To answer your last question, only use progs if you have the resources to bring out its full potential. If you're still relatively new and lacking in resources, selling progs is much more profitable;
Binda
Binda

Back to top Go down

Post by Binda Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh and one more thing;; try not to level your monsters' levels or skills if they're A rank. Everything returns to lvl 1 when you evolve it into A+, so the best thing to do would be to get your mobs plus'd as quickly as possible and then start leveling.
Binda
Binda

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks for the advice, I reckon I'll hold onto Furnace Dragon, and upgrade him in the future, I am less than 250 drops of darkness away from a free non-my tradable EP, and then 1k to another free epic summon; and both of those could be greatly helpful to my eventual A+ team goal, and Furnace Dragon could be helpful with that.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down