Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formation Advice

3 posters

Go down

Formation Advice Empty Formation Advice

Post by NordicAscendant Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Just moved on to an A+ Impulse Beast formation from a Winged Psycho Brute form after getting Mad Flame recently, and I'd like some advice. Been on this game for eight months or so, but other opinions never hurt.

Formation:
Cursed Mountain Goat+ (New A from past event, with party attack plus. BP: 23)
Giant Hell Chameleon+ (IPD, BP: 26)
Marbas+ (Agility, BP: 25)
Kyuuki+ (Revive, BP: 18)
Mad Flame Vanargandr+ (Hell's Blaze, BP: 30)
BP total: 122

Currently using this as an attack formation, so BP can't be too high.
(After combos) Stats:
Attack - 59k
Defense - 45k
Health - 41k

The weakest link here is Kyuuki, due to stats and skill. I know that there's Flesh Hungry, Gragel out there, with dodge rate up, but he's at 29 BP, I believe. That would put my team at 133 BP, but would increase stats as well as bring in a better skill.
Any thoughts? Gragel isn't too expensive, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it.

Also, what skill level is optimal for Mad Flame? At (1), he hits for 16.5k - 18.5k, with (2) for 17.5k-19.5k or so. With AA+ monsters being able to hit around 32k health when maxed and as leader, is (20) necessary for Mad Flame? Also, is there a good formation attack target? I currently have it on target leader, as they generally have the highest health, and Hell's Blaze can be most effective. I tested target most health, but that screwed up targeting mid and late fight. Thanks for any answers.
NordicAscendant
NordicAscendant

Back to top Go down

Formation Advice Empty Re: Formation Advice

Post by mrfrosty Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 am

Why target the leader? The point about attacking people is two-fold:
- to kill as much of their team as possible in the alpha strike
- do this to minimize their return attack

Basically, kill as much of their team as possible as fast as possible. Going after high HP target goes against this. Ideally, you should set attack to "target lowest HP" and be one shotting as many of the opposing team as possible.

mrfrosty

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicAscendant Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 pm

mrfrosty wrote:Why target the leader? The point about attacking people is two-fold:

Basically, kill as much of their team as possible as fast as possible. Going after high HP target goes against this. Ideally, you should set attack to "target lowest HP" and be one shotting as many of the opposing team as possible.

I normally set it to target lowest HP/Level, but with Mad Flame, his ability would be wasted; since he does 17k or so minimum at (1), he should be targeting the highest HP enemy, which should 1-shot any A+ and do substantial damage to an AA/+.

I've been around long enough to know how battles work, and it seemed strange to me at first, but it works out much better.
NordicAscendant
NordicAscendant

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:45 pm

NordicAscendant wrote:
mrfrosty wrote:Why target the leader? The point about attacking people is two-fold:

I normally set it to target lowest HP/Level, but with Mad Flame, his ability would be wasted; since he does 17k or so minimum at (1), he should be targeting the highest HP enemy, which should 1-shot any A+ and do substantial damage to an AA/+.

I've been around long enough to know how battles work, and it seemed strange to me at first, but it works out much better.

Or, you could put mad flame last in your formation and target lowest hp. use the formation in this order:

cursed mountain goat(fiery fists of fury)
kyuuki
giant hell chameleon
marbas
mad flame vanargandr

doing this will save mad flame's skill for last and ensure that he would use it on an enemy that almost certainly has high health still.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicAscendant Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Or, you could put mad flame last in your formation and target lowest hp. use the formation in this order:

cursed mountain goat(fiery fists of fury)
kyuuki
giant hell chameleon
marbas
mad flame vanargandr

doing this will save mad flame's skill for last and ensure that he would use it on an enemy that almost certainly has high health still.

Currently testing this. Normally works out, but doesn't work quite as well in the event of a miss or one of the enemies being left with little health. I'll keep testing it though.
NordicAscendant
NordicAscendant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down