Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crypt of Oblivion Event

+14
Sios2012
coolhoe7676
HammerDS
dr4ko
DarkShinigami
jay
dan
JackSpectrum
sumrandomasian
TankReady
Auren
Hecatonchyr
Gav
Naoki
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crypt of Oblivion Event - Page 2 Empty Re: Crypt of Oblivion Event

Post by Naoki Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:27 am

So far, I'm using a Vlad, Fate and the 3 A+ event monsters (not maxed) and beat them ONCE only cause they missed like...5 times so I was pretty lucky. Anyway, speaking of Ancient summons, I've only gotten 3 of those but all three gave me a dragon knight so far x.x.
Naoki
Naoki

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhoe7676 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

man, today im very lucky. I use dark summon gain 2 lion and a beast summon gain bayard 

coolhoe7676

Back to top Go down

Post by Sios2012 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:43 pm

this event is poorly designed, although I can get that they tried to make use of everything in it (battles/missions/summons). The thing is Begginer to Advanced bosses are too easy while the Legendary is unbeatable. On top of it, if you get a legendary you have to spend a ton of energy to get to the next level. I've collected 16 sets and I'm at floor 26. 14 energy for every search, and I need to clear everything since I'm up against a Legendary boss. I've spent over 900 energy for 7 spirits, and I got 4 stolen from me ... this is going nowhere.

Another interesting fact, from the 16 sets I gathered, I got 14 C/C+ and 2 B's (old B's without skills)

This is ridiculous, fix this up a Ateam ...

Sios2012

Back to top Go down

Post by TrencH Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:58 pm

dr4ko wrote:One question:

When i fight in the spirit battle and win... i take the spirits from other players ?

Thanks.

P.D: Anyone can defeat the legendary boss? (All AA?)

I have a AA+ (skill 6) Fate, AA+ Taroth (skill 6), AA Dru (skill 2), and two Lewd +s (default skill)

I attack lowest hps first.

----------------

I have run into the legendaries 3 times I beat them all but had to repeat the third one. I am hoping I run into more as you get almost all your spirits filled up when you kill the Legendary group.

How well you do in this event will depend on:

Rank
Monster skill level
Summoner level (for more energy)
The As/A+s you can get to shave the Legendary group stats down.
How many energy pots you have.

The big difference in this event from the Phantom event is that on top of the Summoner level advantage you now have a Monster Rank/Level/skill advantage.

Those who don't have a ample energy supply and a strong formation are at a serious disadvantage.

If you cannot get the new event A/A+ that can reduce the Legendary AAs stats it will be rough. Only thing I can say about that is to enjoy what you can out of this event and just focus on leveling up and maxing out your allies (for energy). Save all your Epots for the next event. Work on a strong formation. See if there are any As (and Bs with skills) that you don't need that you can trade for potions and just horde them all for the next event.

I also would not do every event full on. I took a small break on the Battle event and just started saving and trading so I could sandbag for the next event.

Anyhow, I hope some of that is at least a little helpful.

TrencH

Back to top Go down

Post by dr4ko Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

My error has been complete floors up to 13th withouth complete all the missions.

I'm only get 15 sets and its imposible get more sets with -8. If you have 3-4 spirits, it gets stolen by battle.

So, fuck this event, i'm gonna spend my energy for complete the normal missions.

dr4ko
dr4ko

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Given that nobody (yet) seems to be driving up the epot market, I think this event is being skipped by many people.. But if anyone's buying epots, let me know Smile

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Salas Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 pm

dr4ko wrote:My error has been complete floors up to 13th withouth complete all the missions.

I'm only get 15 sets and its imposible get more sets with -8. If you have 3-4 spirits, it gets stolen by battle.

So, fuck this event, i'm gonna spend my energy for complete the normal missions.

I completely agree with you. Its near impossible to get anywhere especially with my luck. I am on Floor 18 with only 8 sets done.

Salas

Back to top Go down

Post by Auren Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 am

It's not surprising most people are skipping the event or barely trying it. I -have- to use an an energy potion, an elixir, or spam battle potions if I want to complete a set. I'm getting something like, ~3spirits from a full energy bar. Which is super fun when the event even has a message stating that their is zero risk for doing spirit battles and fucking someone else over... you don't lose any gold, it even says you don't lose one of your spirits if you fail to win... so horribly designed.

Auren

Back to top Go down

Post by dan Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:57 am

Click the link for a video of ATeam's emerging strategy to drive more traffic to DS...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153593/yes-ah-tah

dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:07 am

Agree event is poorly designed. With some minor tweaks it could have been fun. It's so disappointing to get a full set and summon a C especially getting a goblin on an ancient summon. Should have made it that the summon is rank B and up to make event worth it. Also mentioned that boss strength decrease as you complete mission. Doesn't seem like the case. The AA team was as strong the first time encountered On a floor as when floor is completely cleared.

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 am

Now they increased the chance of getting A from ancient summons when most are too far along to acquire them. /sigh

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hecatonchyr Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 am

Not only, they raised the chance of getting spirits (and I confirm as I got 8 spirits with 180 energy and 9 per hit so nearly 50%) and they raised the chance of getting As in all event summon, included I think ally invite summon... As I got a Wolf this morning with my daily twitter message when I got Cs in all before (could be just me lucky, but still)

Overall it is a good attempt at boosting the event as eps and bps are really close now in spirits.

Hecatonchyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 am

Hecatonchyr wrote:Not only, they raised the chance of getting spirits (and I confirm as I got 8 spirits with 180 energy and 9 per hit so nearly 50%) and they raised the chance of getting As in all event summon, included I think ally invite summon... As I got a Wolf this morning with my daily twitter message when I got Cs in all before (could be just me lucky, but still)

Overall it is a good attempt at boosting the event as eps and bps are really close now in spirits.

It doesn’t seem like getting spirits is any easier/more common. I just ploughed through 309 energy at 11 energy per hit (28 hit total) and got 6 spirits. So that’s 21% chance (to be fair I never really worked it out before). But 21% is a lot less than 50%.

Gav

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 am

I think we'd need a lot more data to come to any real conclusions.

I was guessing 20% last week, but who knows?

Personally, I want them to make it harder now, so I can keep my rank Smile

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 am

jay wrote:I think we'd need a lot more data to come to any real conclusions.

I was guessing 20% last week, but who knows?

Personally, I want them to make it harder now, so I can keep my rank Smile

How many sets have you completed and what rank are you?
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by dan Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 am

I have 40 sets, 179th rank.

dan

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 am

At the time of the rank notice, I had 61 sets, rank 77. I'm hoping to get into the top 20.. (anyone want to donate potions? Wink )

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Hecatonchyr Wed May 02, 2012 11:29 am

Rank 20 and below is above 100 as I know someone who is 23rd with 103 sets. The difference between 1-20 and 21-200 is not worth the hundreds of pots spent, better to stay in the 21-200.

Hecatonchyr

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 am

Hecatonchyr wrote:Rank 20 and below is above 100 as I know someone who is 23rd with 103 sets. The difference between 1-20 and 21-200 is not worth the hundreds of pots spent, better to stay in the 21-200.
Probably true.. I'm definitely going to 100 for the Super Wonderful Ancient Summon, though. Then I can stop.

jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2