Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Big Changes

+22
Fenix00
FrankF
larry378
Jackpyne
JessicaMD
Ologolos
overseer07
zzz1998
XJF
Bobertson
applesauce
Armitaage
TigerStrike
bacsiha
robinsonsteve62
hgrubandT
Deathblob
ryesteve
Horg
Scratch102
B$
Jewelguy
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More Big Changes - Page 2 Empty Re: More Big Changes

Post by applesauce Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:54 pm

zzz1998 wrote:
Yes, next step is that progs won't be tradable until after the event so only players who spend money can win the event.

and thats when i quit lol, the biggest draw for the game was you can get ahead by being smart, money(helpful but) is not strictly necessary. i would be fine with spending some money for that extra boost but being force to, to make the game playable at all is a whole other issue
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 am

overseer07 wrote:Don't ever think you're more than a number in a database to them.

Oh, I'm sure if you're a real high roller, they'll at least comp you a handy-J.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:20 am

pp who usually rank on event (and most of us) dont spend $ on this game, theyre just use EP to buy Skill rs
now the skill rs wont be tradable, theyre just need to rs ally to redistribute the point
the cutoff to rank will be lower, so i think the game wont change at all

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

bacsiha wrote:pp who usually rank on event (and most of us) dont spend $ on this game
And God forbid they should have to start. It's way better if they're able to continue to leech off the people who DO put money into the game.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am

I don't really care who does or does not put money into the game or who quits just as long asiI can okay that way I want to play...then I am a happy camper

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

For every current player that quits due to dissatisfaction about changes, there are X number of new players who have no idea anything changed, or what changes mean for the DS economy. Some of those players are still going to be big spenders, and will probably make up for any who may have quit... DS is still an extremely addictive game, especially when you're a new player with high aspirations of ranking, or getting strong monsters, or whatever your end game.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Ologolos wrote:For every current player that quits due to dissatisfaction about changes, there are X number of new players who have no idea anything changed, or what changes mean for the DS economy. Some of those players are still going to be big spenders, and will probably make up for any who may have quit... DS is still an extremely addictive game, especially when you're a new player with high aspirations of ranking, or getting strong monsters, or whatever your end game.

but wouldn't a good game KEEP the old players and continue to attract more?

A lot of the recent updates are absolutely horrible for newer (and medium time) players like the no more gold trade... the whole battle formation thing. (because face it, when you don't have a full AA team, you really need to pick and choose who you're fighting. which is now pretty much impossible. the battle button might as well start a random battle with a random person because the "list" with everyone having C monsters in their main formation is totally useless). and seriously... no more trading ml+? who was even trading ml+? It's just to help out new players, and they're taking that away from who knows what arbitrary reason. I don't think they even try to rationalize all this with reasons.

It's not "I'm doing A because of B" where B can be argued for or against

it's just

"A lol, deal with it"

idk how they expect this to make money... Sure the big spenders will keep spending, so long as there is reason to. If they make the game so shitty for new players that everyone but the "top" 1000 quit. then those "top 1000" aren't even going to buy any more because there would be no need to for lack of competition.

it all just reeks of a short grift. let's grab as much money as we can before they figure out what we're doing! damn the consequences.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm

JessicaMD wrote: no more trading ml+? who was even trading ml+? It's just to help out new players, and they're taking that away from who knows what arbitrary reason.

I think it is their attempts to curb the wildfire spread of virtual machines and loads of bogus accounts. When I got bored and made a psycho account I cranked out 20 levels with the free myEP and had a bunch of ml+ sitting there. I was deleting the account anyways but I can see how people making 10+ VMs will end up with a ton of ml+ and can send them to all their fake accounts.

I'm sure they realized when they went from 4mil to 5mil downloads in a month...someone said 'durf must be fake accounts, methinks'

I still don't know how or why anyone would have that many VM fake accounts, and what purpose it would serve, possibly farming a ton of gold (attacking their main to transfer it) etc etc...

The skill reset is baffling. If I use a $50 gift card to but 2x resets and sell them for 100ep, vs buying just pure ep, in the end who cares? They still get the $50...

so confusing.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Scratch102 wrote:I think it is their attempts to curb the wildfire spread of virtual machines and loads of bogus accounts.
Bingo

Scratch102 wrote:I still don't know how or why anyone would have that many VM fake accounts
These idiotic ally campaign rewards are probably 98% to blame.

Scratch102 wrote:
The skill reset is baffling. If I use a $50 gift card to but 2x resets and sell them for 100ep, vs buying just pure ep, in the end who cares? They still get the $50...
so confusing.
You're forgetting that the guy who would've traded you the 100ep now has to buy his own resets. More sales.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 pm

ryesteve wrote:
And God forbid they should have to start. It's way better if they're able to continue to leech off the people who DO put money into the game.

in what way are players who dont pay to play leeching? did anyone force you to pay so other people can have stuff? are non-player cheating? is paying somehow making spenders morally superior to folks who dont pay?
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackpyne Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:11 pm

I predict they lower the soul point cost of skill resets slightly once they no longer can be traded.

Jackpyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 am

applesauce wrote:
ryesteve wrote:

in what way are players who dont pay to play leeching? did anyone force you to pay so other people can have stuff? are non-player cheating? is paying somehow making spenders morally superior to folks who dont pay?

Rye just has his panties in a twist because smart people can be free and still compete with the money he throws at...I mean wastes...on this game, QQ little boy QQ
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 am

Don't act like you know anything about me, just because I'm not hitching a ride on your "A Team won't let me leech off noobs anymore" waaaambulance

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 pm

ryesteve wrote:Don't act like you know anything about me, just because I'm not hitching a ride on your "A Team won't let me leech off noobs anymore" waaaambulance

I haven't even logged into the game for months, these changes make no difference to me. Considering your previous statement about leechers vs. spenders it's pretty obvious you drop cash on this game, and that's all I need to know to validate my previous post. Also, for the record, IF I were still playing, there is NOTHING A-Team could do (outside of charging a subscription fee to login) to stop me from "leeching" or "cheating" or whatever you'd call it and just owning their game.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Why are you equating "leeching" with "cheating"? Try considering the actual definition of the word. It's an accurate description of the relationship between the top players and the bottom players. Calling it what it is implies NOTHING about me, other than the fact I'm willing to be honest about it.

Also, concluding that I'm the one with my "panties in a bunch" calls into question your perspective, since I was basically telling everyone else to stop whining about these changes. Apparently, I'm one of the few here who is wedgie-free. So, maybe you should stop projecting, especially since, like you said, you don't play anymore, and even if you did, none of this would matter to you. So just stop acting like it DOES matter so much to you.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankF Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:38 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
A lot of the recent updates are absolutely horrible for newer (and medium time) players like the no more gold trade... the whole battle formation thing. (because face it, when you don't have a full AA team, you really need to pick and choose who you're fighting. which is now pretty much impossible. the battle button might as well start a random battle with a random person because the "list" with everyone having C monsters in their main formation is totally useless).

At level ~50, almost no one is showing a single C monster. And the few who have are actually people who quit. So the battle formation changes have no effect on low level players.

FrankF

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 am

From my view, a change happen to everybody means no-change for me.

Skill rs untradable ? Progs untradable ? Who care ? I dont think all 500 pp top event ranking will pay money to get those stuff.

And i think ateam is very kind (not sure, maybe theyre idiot) when give free ds usually. When they give us 3 free DS , that mean 300 free ds to me

Full AA+m team can be made without any $

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:02 am

Let me guess....

More Big Changes - Page 2 Multiplicity_all4

Am I right, or am I right.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am

bacsiha wrote:
And i think ateam is very kind (not sure, maybe theyre idiot) when give free ds usually. When they give us 3 free DS , that mean 300 free ds to me

Say what?? Do you have 100 alt accounts or something? If so... holy $#!T
LOL that's a lot of Dark Summoner
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobertson Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 pm

All the changes so far have been perfectly fine. Especially the battle formations.

If they make progs untradeable, they need to up the rate at which they appear in free Dark Summons or that will be the end of the game for a vast majority of players. Being one of the ones that doesn't mind spending $25 here and there on the game, I will not spend $25 a week in hopes to get an untradeable prog.

I don't see that happening.

BTW, all this QQ'n over the changes, how about the tons and tons of rewards from the last two events? Where's the thanks for those?

On second thought, with the enormous amounts of evolution souls entering the game, untradeable progs...could be on the way Sad

Bobertson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Bobertson wrote:On second thought, with the enormous amounts of evolution souls entering the game, untradeable progs...could be on the way Sad

That, or they're trying to make AAs more accessible to lower level players so they can make AAAs tradeable and, eventually, reveal the S rank cards Surprised)
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix00 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 pm

bacsiha wrote:
When they give us 3 free DS , that mean 300 free ds to me

Full AA+m team can be made without any $

Ahh I get it. You claim that you've spent $0 on the game but you're running 100 Virtual Machines ...

rrrrright.

Fenix00

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:51 pm

100 alts? We can do better than that. First, you have to hack into Google. Then, install DS emulators on all of the servers (a couple hundred thousand). Lastly, write bots that auto farm raid crystals and send them to your main.

In a couple weeks, post your 30 million raid 2 crystals on auction...

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Who said that 100 vms? im not crazy lol

Its totally different between 100 alt and 100 vms

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down