Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion)

+8
hgrubandT
Deathblob
overseer07
XJF
EdwardStarbuck
DevilJin6Six6
Scratch102
larry378
12 posters

Go down

Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion) Empty Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion)

Post by larry378 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am

Do you post ads on people's walls?
Do you hate it when people post ads on your wall?
How effective is it to post on ads on *random* non-ranked walls?
etc...

I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen any threads about this, so I made one.

I personally do not post ads on non-ranked walls unless someone happens to catch one of my ads on rank and messages me sayin "I know someone who wants X, post on my wall" where upon I will post the relevant info on their wall.

Is ad posting on random walls at all effective?

How do people decide which random walls to post ads on?

It doesn't really annoy me that much unless I am currently trying to keep some links on my profile wall, but it's still quite perplexing as to why people do it.

Post your stance/experience with wall ad posting.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion) Empty Re: Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion)

Post by Scratch102 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:54 am

I usually attack folks who post an ad on my wall. Mostly since i have my own ads on my wall and too many posts knock them into oblivion.

Otherwise I only post on the top 3 weekly/overall rank. Even then those posts hardly work.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion) Empty Re: Ad posting Etiquette (a discussion)

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

I post on top 3 overall, and then i post it on the wall of the player immediately under that and i continually spam like that for like 10 minutes. I seem to get just as many hits off of the random ads that i do off of the ranks. I assume this is because they don't get knocked off of the wall as quickly, and I will keep their ad on my wall for awhile as well. That seems to be proper etiquette.

I do pay attention to whose wall i post on and keep it to sin (my guild) and covert players to eliminate someone trying to attack me, although i get the occasional biter

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:09 pm

I usually will only post on the weekly/overall top player or if I see a player spamming that's looking for/selling something I have/need.

I don't like the ads that are overly excessive or take up a bunch of room with symbols either. I usually won't read those at all. I don't check out people who say "selling wl" or even bother with people that list a card and say "offer".

Also, the overall board moves a lot slower than the weekly board so it's somewhat acceptable to repeatedly spam the weekly, but it's just a jerk move when you repeatedly spam the overall and it's all your ad.

I don't know if anyone else feels like I do.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Yea, it seems people spam the ranking players board as well as spamming the people who post on the ranking players walls to try and steal their customers. It especially kills me when they're selling the same thing as me, be it monsters or crystals lol
I just delete any ads posted on my wall.

*I've never tried posting on weekly leaders walls, only overall. Guess I have start now. thanks guys XD
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by overseer07 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm

I only post on the Top 3, and only if I'm trying to move something quickly. I don't mind a few ads on my walls, but I immediately remove any ad that contains the words 'overpay' or 'wow offer' because those bug the hell out of me

overseer07

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:20 pm

overseer07 wrote:I only post on the Top 3, and only if I'm trying to move something quickly. I don't mind a few ads on my walls, but I immediately remove any ad that contains the words 'overpay' or 'wow offer' because those bug the hell out of me

I hear ya, I'm fine with people posting ads when there's space to go around.
The rude ads being randomly posted on my wall I delete. any of these "I reject what for, offer only"

or the idiots offering terrible "deals"

"selling sos for 50ep or reset"

wat

still wondering though; what compels someone to post an ad on a non-rank random wall? It's not a big problem or anything, I'm just wondering what the logic behind it is. I would never do it myself because it's a waste of a post in that the same post on rank would be seen by many more people.

Even more perplexing, I get ads sometimes even when I haven't been posting on rank for a few days, so that kind of tosses the whole "saw someone posting ad on rank, posted ad on their wall" theory for those scenarios.

Thank you everyone for the responses, and keep em coming
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Larry,

I would guess you were the "victim" of someone else posting on rank. You were probably the newest comment on said persons wall who posted on rank and someone who clicked to go to there profile, saw yours and posted. OR... maybe they were spamming people randomly from the battle feature. Who knows, lol

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 am

It's all my fault! I actually bought 2 times from random ads posted on my wall. It's just like spam. They get one positive response, and they never quit. Smile

I leave random ads on my wall up, except:

- Everything is gone now, because I'm playing dead

- The rest of the time I delete:
- obnoxious ads
- ads where if I reply with my ad, and my ad gets deleted
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:12 am

I rank pretty high so i got ad all the time. Every morning i woke up and find 50+ ads lol
I leave them be, even though someone post an ad that buying the same thing that i post wanted ad for on my status. Only thing i do is deleting multiple ad that people post and told them to post just one ad. Everytime they're ok with it.
I rarely post ad now, i just let one of my clanmate sell stuffs for me. I'm too busy doing battle lol

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 am

I was gonna say some morning, not every monrning. And i can't find edit button on iphone version of this board....

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by B$ Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 am

I wall bounce and post ads everywhere. the more eyes that see, the closer I am to selling X or finding Y.
B$
B$

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Does anyone want to speak out against the people who will post the same ad 10 times in a row on a rank wall?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Yes, that drives me crazy!!

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by bacsiha Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:55 pm

to be honest i really hate when someone ask "what for" for my stuff
ask such question like they have anything im looking for lol

bacsiha

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:56 pm

honestly, if you're anywhere in the top 1000 overall or top 200 weekly, your wall is visible, f'er. that said, you will get random ads whenever someone is going down the ranks figuring "when someone looks at this wall to battle, they'll see my ad and maybe think it a good deal"

also, when you're using the number 1 weekly wall to advertise, not one message stays there more than a minute any time of the day, so selling(or buying) stuff there pretty much requires that you send 10 messages in a minute if you want even 1 of them to be seen by people because you can bet that there's at least 5 other people thinking the same thing at any given time.

what i do find annoying is ads that take up an unnecessary amount of space while the guy is only selling ONE ITEM(or monster)!!! honestly, why the fk would you post:

. selling ash+m(20) 500 ep

i find that shit annoying as hell. it's one thing when you have a list of stuff to list them each one thing per line, quite another to use a million dots to take up half the fkin screen!!! gah!!
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by hgrubandT Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Oh well at least if we see something people post on our wall that we don't like we can delete it or tell the person.
...auction on the other hand. lol

hgrubandT

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Armitaage wrote:honestly, if you're anywhere in the top 1000 overall or top 200 weekly, your wall is visible, f'er. that said, you will get random ads whenever someone is going down the ranks figuring "when someone looks at this wall to battle, they'll see my ad and maybe think it a good deal

noooo come on, top 4 weekly and top 4 overall is understandable because #4 may switch to #3 and the 6 top ranked (3 overall, 3 weekly) are the pages which get the most traffic.

seriously, who is looking at rank 10 for deals, or rank 50, or rank 100

besides something like 70% of top 100 are dummy "lol I'm pretending I quit, so let's delete all my wall messages and put up a C form" who wouldn't appreciate people posting ads, furthermore; nobody really checks on those pages anymore because they invariably are a 5AA form hiding behind a C monster. Y'know? you're scrolling through rank, and hey look! it's another guy who's baiting! I don't see what kind of person is going to be looking through ranked players other than 1-3 for any reason whatsoever. To see B and C monsters and empty walls?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm

larry378 wrote:seriously, who is looking at rank 10 for deals, or rank 50, or rank 100
It's not that anyone is looking there for deals... you're taking advantage of the natural traffic on an active players' wall.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

ryesteve wrote:
larry378 wrote:seriously, who is looking at rank 10 for deals, or rank 50, or rank 100
It's not that anyone is looking there for deals... you're taking advantage of the natural traffic on an active players' wall.

I suppose that would explain it. I forgot about how many inactive accounts there were. I suppose posting on an active acct is not as good a strategy as posting on rank where more eyes will see it, but certainly better than posting on random walls which might belong to inactive accounts and are never seen other than in the random battle screen
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down