Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survey says...!

+5
jbbiggdogg
Amduscias
faithnomorex
Ashteran
Deathblob
9 posters

Go down

Survey says...! Empty Survey says...!

Post by Deathblob Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 am

Cool, a survey in the game. With free stuff!

I don't like the options for question 3 though:

Why did you find this event (Vagrant) most enjoyable?

1 - it offered the rewards I was looking for
2 - It was easy and fun to play
3 - The rules were easy to understand

Sheesh! I liked it because it was fun. But I'm going to have to pick #1, because I want *less* easy.

Question #5, I picked auctions, because the new AAs are making them horrible again.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Survey says...! Empty Re: Survey says...!

Post by Ashteran Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

I picked "Auctions" for No.5 also. They really need to add a search bar instead of silly filters.
Ashteran
Ashteran

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:26 am

add another to the "Auctions" crowd. Current auctions are worthless, and the Battle pages really weren't designed to handle the volume of traders that they are seeing.

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by Amduscias Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 am

I also put auctions down. Something as simple as an additional species filter would save me so much time.

Amduscias

https://facebook.com/techblaster666

Back to top Go down

Post by jbbiggdogg Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 am

Auctions here as well. A true search engine would be awesome. If I want to find Necrotic then I should be able to put in that name and tada!!
jbbiggdogg
jbbiggdogg

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

Anyone who didn't say "auctions" has never used the auctions...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 pm

ryesteve wrote:Anyone who didn't say "auctions" has never used the auctions...

on the contrary, I've used the auctions, and I sincerely believe that it is beyond fixing. Very Happy
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Nah, they just need to add more filters... they're halfway there... well, maybe a quarter of the way...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:01 pm

ryesteve wrote:Nah, they just need to add more filters... they're halfway there... well, maybe a quarter of the way...

I don't know if they want to fix it though. An effective ah/trade system is not an overly complicated thing. Their failure to implement one thus far is indicative of not so much an ignorance of how to make the ah we want, but a refusal to.

Maybe it'll affect soul point/ep sales, idk. but taking into account the fact that the game has progressed thus far, and the ah is in the state it IS; I don't think it's unintentional.

My interpretation of this is a consolidated trading system will result in competitive pricing which will likely hurt their ep sales (let's face it, the vast majority of ep must enter the market via soul point purchase. The non my-ep given out as event rewards and standard mission completion are simply not enough to support 5AA teams with individual members costing ~150/reg)

Additionally; this probably isn't really a fiscal concern for A-Team, but with a good search function; nobody is going to pay a lot of gold for listing anymore, which will make gold even more useless than it already is.

in a bizzaro parallel universe, we could have a very simple and effective unified trade venue by allowing for some sort of "enhanced" wish list where you can set a buy-out parameter on each one to automatically execute a trade for a predesignated amount of items or monsters

i.e.

rather than just say putting a monster on my wl as I would normally, I can...

place monsterA on my wl, set buyout at x-ep or monsterB lv >n (>m), where I specify x, n and m. Now, next to the "gift" button which would show up for someone viewing my profile normally who has the wl monster there will be a "buy" button, where they can select either payment method if they have the required items/monsters.

AH could include guild/rarity/species/asking price search for entries containing (rather than first item in the auction). And each entry in an auction is handled the same way as the wl with buy-out options, as well as the normal functionality of bidding.

so I click on an auction, and I can now select each of the 5 items/monsters individually and click "bid" or "buy" (bid being standard bid, buy showing the buy-now options). bid will be handled normally, buy-out will be automated, so the first person who buys out will get it immediately.

While setting the auction, you have the option of selecting which items are buy-out enabled, or if a set of items are buy-out enabled, or if all are bid only etc...

The 'asking price' search can be used to parse the ep and bp asking prices of the monster you are searching for and order them etc...

Never gonna happen, but would be nice. Just sayin.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by _Gavin Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 am

What would be nice is if trading and searching up someone's profile was made alot easier. It's so ridiculous and limited atm that it feels like this game was designed to be single player at times..

_Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:26 am

Even just the ability to jump to a user's page from a pending trade would be awesome.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

Deathblob wrote:Even just the ability to jump to a user's page from a pending trade would be awesome.

unless they removed it; that feature exists

just open the pending trade, and hit back (the back button the phone; next to home, menu, search); takes you to their profile if they sent you a trade offer
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah, but if I sent them the offer it doesn't work. I think. Smile
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 am

Deathblob wrote:Yeah, but if I sent them the offer it doesn't work. I think. Smile

true

I think that may be intentional though.

If they *want to contact you to negotiate they can.
but if they found your offer hilariously lowball or something they can cut off communication all together by rejecting without responding

which I don't find unreasonable.

You can always post on their wall before sending trade
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Yeah, you're right. But today I saw one guy with a couple of great deals, and posted the trades separately in case he sold one already.

Well, that was the plan, not the reality.

I posted the first trade, and then was like ...argh... where is he?

I should have just hit his wall.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:50 pm

funny enough, for #5 i put down clans. even though i know that the auction house could use lots of new help, so could clans and(imo) there's an opportunity here to really fix the market.

what i really want to see is a daily clan tournament system set up which occurs during 4 set times every day, with unique rewards for the winner clan. to have it really have an impact on the market, i would make it both ep and bp driven, where players would fight of defenders from the other clans(whose forms would receive extra defender bonuses when encountered) in 3 dungeons(one for each tower) that function very similarly to tower events except that they award just a little exp at the end of a floor(like wall events) rather than each tap. a player challenging it would randomly run into one of the members of the clan(there would be a random pool of 11 per tower). a tower challenge lasts until all the lts and the general are defeated. each boss fight rewards the challenger with a certain amount of points, depending on how well they did against the dungeon, and the clan with the most aggregate points wins. also, each clan chooses only 3 members to attack the towers, and 3 reserve members should any of the first 3 fail to take down a tower when their ep runs out.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Armitaage wrote:what i really want to see is a daily clan tournament system set up which occurs during 4 set times every day, with unique rewards for the winner clan.
Isn't it enough that the top clans always win the weekly battle tournaments whenever there are good prizes, and their members dominate the rankings of every event whenever the rank award is worthwhile? I don't think we need to dream up more ways to shower more prizes on these people.
I'd rather see more of a focus on keeping people interested in events. Like in this one, once you hit 50k, there's no reason to keep playing if you're not interested in the rank award. Ally points and a few hundred gold coins isn't going to cut it. If you're going to run an event for 12 days, don't set up clan and personal point award schedules that most regular players will max out in 2 or 3 days.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum