Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

data transmission failed?

+4
Armitaage
BigBad
Horg
roamingaround
8 posters

Go down

data transmission failed? Empty data transmission failed?

Post by roamingaround Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Anyone else having a problem? Haven't been able to go on since like 1pm eastern 2-16-13. Tried deleting and redownloading. I know they had server maintance today
... but this seems unrelated. And been about 28 hours since able to get in

roamingaround

Back to top Go down

data transmission failed? Empty Re: data transmission failed?

Post by Horg Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:10 pm

It happens for 2 reasons; first is when your internet connection isn't reliable enough to make a connection, second is when you've re-installed the game on a unique device >9 times and they block your connection.

It is most likely the prior and an issue that will resolve itself by tomorrow morning.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingaround Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Lets say it is re-installing the game >9 and got connection block, is there anyway to get it back. I had a second account I would jump on and play here and there like once a month or to grab extra stuff from events . This last time I was on my main playing and had 3 trades going. Tried to check 1 hour later on my tradea and got this problem.

roamingaround

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingaround Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Because I play on my phone and I am able to do everything else on the internet

roamingaround

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Similar question here if anyone can help. Ateam totally caught me on making alts to farm a demon hand. I was loading the new low BP AAs that I had gotten to max level and skill to have a 50 point bp team since you can get a few extra my EP that way. I know that Ateam does the transmission failed thing, which isn't a problem for me since I make my burner alts on an old phone and just reset the whole phone whenever it happens.

But this time Ateam was either a little extra lazy or extra sneaky because they didn't give me the transmission failed thing until after I had already made the account, gotten a few level ups, and sent over those crap AA's that I invested all my Dea(4), and Ded(4) stacks into...

So, first of all a warning to anyone burning alts for an ally invite AA. SEND THE PLAYER MIGRATION DATA AS SOON AS YOU MAKE THE ACCOUNT! And secondly, has anyone ever figured out how to reset the Android ID or whatever the soft identifier that is tied to your operating system is called, without having to reset the phone? I need to reset the phone identifier without resetting the game and losing access to my sweet little low BP AA's. Hurricane and the stacks i used on Liqu and Flash are worth probably 100-150 and I don't want to throw that away.

Suggestions, Advice, Pity party???

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm

search for apps that can change your device's ip and mac addresses. root may be required, but exercise caution with rooting, there is a chance it MAY wipe all your apps.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBad Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 pm

I've noticed one program like that come up in my searches but the reviews specifically said it would not allow you to play multiple accounts on whatever game you were trying to do it on. So apparently I am not the first one trying this. I will keep looking though?

Has you ever heard of the data transmission failed message timing out after a while? The phone I'm using here is a spare, but it is also a back up if anything ever happened to my regular phone so I wouldn't want to do anything that couldn't be undone by a factory data reset. Also, there was a time on my main phone (a samsung galaxy s3) that I reset it and it saved my player information without my having to enter it. I haven't ever noticed this on my old phone though (an HTC Desire), but I haven't realy been paying that much attention to such things until this happened.

BigBad

http://www.ds-forum.com/t3682-the-big-bad-s-place-of-business#22

Back to top Go down

Post by roamingaround Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:24 am

I found/read a older post. Someone said to reinstall phone operating system if that will help u out. I don't need my 2nd account which iv only been on twice. I just want to play on my main.

roamingaround

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowebrow Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 am

Aside from when ATeam Puts notices for data migration and recovery, where can one find the IID code? I thought it fairly relevant to the topic. I wish ATeam put these notices more often or there was an easy to find way of recording it.

Lowebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 am

Use the game's help section, that big '?' to the right of summon button and to the left of the menu button on the bottom. Choose inquiries and issues, it's all there.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowebrow Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:40 am

Thank you Armitage. I looked for it there, and must have completely skipped over it the last time I looked. Lol. Thanks!

Lowebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by kkergoeiemanhier Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:01 pm

when i start my dark sum it says data transfer failed i tryed re install and all that but dont work out what i need to do now?

kkergoeiemanhier

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Horg wrote:It happens for 2 reasons; first is when your internet connection isn't reliable enough to make a connection,

I've noticed this

How powerful a connection does dark summoner require? I often find myself unable to get into DS while I can perfectly well use web browser, and other applications that require internet.

WHY does this game need such a powerful connection? are they hosting EVERYTHING on their main servers and the ds app is just a login service?
That's practically the only reason I can imagine it would need such a connection if they're streaming every single sound, picture, etc... in real time.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable for that data to be stored locally? so that the ds app is the game itself that just needs to send rng requests and event/energy/inventory updates in simplistic pointers to the server? I can't imagine this system would require as heavy duty connections as the former.

Do any tech-people know which one of the above two scenarios better fits ds?
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerStrike Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

They are doing everything on the server side.

The image and JavaScript files are cached on your device but the html and json that gets sent back has all the needed data to run the animation and your data information.

If you ever capture the data packet, there is a lot of chatter in the game.

TigerStrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down