Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!)

+5
Xcalibre
Deathblob
Armitaage
larry378
JessicaMD
9 posters

Go down

Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!) Empty Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!)

Post by JessicaMD Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Welcome to the Transitional Formation Guide!

This is meant for total beginners who are looking to start building towards their very first A formation!
The following teams are designed with pricing in mind.
Admittedly, they aren't going to stand up against the standardized 'optimal' A teams [Tier 1], but they are an excellent and affordable alternative to most 'random' formations, and an excellent transitional platform since some monsters in most of these formations are directly transferable to the 'standard' A team [Tier 1]

just a few quick things to clarify.

larry378 came up with an easy way to classify teams which will be useful for this guide

Tier 0: B/C formations
Tier 0.5: the formations described within this guide
Tier 1: standardized 'optimal' A teams Click Here to Find out More! in this great guide by Armitaage
Tier 1.5: the formations described within this guide
Tier 2: standardized 'optimal' AA teams Click Here to Find out More! in this great guide by Armitaage

(a) means this team has agility
(x) means this team does not have agility
(a/x) means this team has optional agility

Tier 0
"B/C Formations"

Tier 0.5
designed with pricing in mind! each of these formations consists of monsters [or OPTIONS for monsters] which are cheap cheap cheap!
look for the (!) for the cheapest monsters around when there's a group of options

~Psycho~
(a) Winged Brutes:
White Winged Elite | White Winged Oracle | Sturdy White Wings | Silvery Goddess Queen | Lord of Oppression(!)/Divinity Bow Clarissa/White Winged Sky Pirate/Wing of Fury Airam

(a) Brutes:
White Winged Elite | Gigas | Elf Commander | White Winged Oracle | Pure Light Embodiment

(a) Creation:
Seeker Quadriga | Time Void Golem | Scaled Chimera | Sky Savior Colossus | Fortress Engine/Chill Golem/Wheel Knight Golem/White Winged Colossus/Lightning Core/Child of Purification(!)

(x) Winged Wyrms:
Fafnir | Tiamut | Snowstorm Dragon | Crystal Dragon | Dragon of Pluto(!)/Dragon of Saturn/White Silver Dragon/Fire&Ice Dragon

~Impulse~

(a) Demons:
Child of Pit | Devil of the Abyss(!)/Devil Ripper | Bloodfest Demon | Sear Djinn(!)/Astaroth the Accuser/Lord of Faith | Paimon/Kali of Massacre/Draining Butcher(!)

(a) Wyrms:
Nidhogg | Ladon/Flame Tarasque(!) | Ring Dragon | Aya Dragon | Dragon of Uranus/Dragon of Mars/Furnace Dragon(!)

(x) Winged Demons:
Two-Faced Devil | Deep Dark Demon | Chop Demon | Beelzbub | Devil of the Abyss(!)/Devil Ripper

(a/x) Winged Brutes:
Scorn Black Wings | Cruel Black Wings | Wretched Black Wings | Blazing Dragonoid | Immoral Witch Hilda/White Winged Elite(!)

~Covert~

(a) Crawlers:
Demon Bait Insect | Colossal Scythe Ant/Jade Rhinoceros Beetle(!) | Hell Scythe Mantis(!)/Crimson Beetle Knight | Parasitic Centipede | Hell Hammer Spider

(a) Wyrms:
Lindwurm | Sky Dragon | Plague Dragon | Dragonlord of Hellfire | Dragon of Mercury(!)/Dragon of Jupiter

(x) Beasts:
Sky Navy Slayer(!)/Centaurus/Terra Ogame | Creep Lord | Metal Sheel Seeker(!)/Labyrinth Minotaur | Achiles | Gusion

Marbas is an Impulse Beast with agility, and Bayard the Steel Horse is a Covert Beast with agility; they have been excluded due to cost

Tier 1
"Standard A Formations"

Tier 1.5 in the next post!

FAQ

Q: isn't there already a formation guide?
A: yup! check it out here CLICK, this guide is for formations designed with value in mind, the most 'bang for your buck' so to speak, and instant gratification for beginners working towards their very first A formation, or players entering the AA game

Q: why do these formations suck so bad? I personally use __________, or I heard that __________________ is better
A: these are not perfect formations by a long shot! they are however 4 combo formations for the most part with Tier 0.5, and are certainly better than throwing together random monsters; these formations have been chosen for how affordable they are, and their decent skill distributions and combo potential, as well as transferability of certain monsters to Tier 1 teams when the funds become available.

enjoy! and if anyone has any suggestions or improvements, please say so! Razz

I hope this can become a useful resource for brand new players to get their first A+ formation. I know the ep cost of a 'real' A+ formation can seem monumental at first, so having a workable team while saving towards that goal can make the game a whole lot more fun!

Last edited by JessicaMD on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!) Empty Re: Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!)

Post by larry378 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Q&A:

Q: Aren't there better formations out there?
A: yes. the primary factor which went into designing these was affordability. A true optimized AA team will wipe the floor with any of these following formations, but these formation when appropriately leveled and skilled will be nigh impervious to optimized A teams.

Q: If these are just el-cheapo formations, what's the point?
A: These formations are significant improvements to standard A teams and have members which are transferable to 'true' optimized AA teams, which allows for somewhat instant gratification in battle; rather than using your A team until you fully assemble and max your 1.5k ep value 5xAA team, you can use on of these right away once you have 2-3 AAs and have an overall improvement in combat capability.

Tier 1.5
CHEAP High end AA/A hybrid forms & Low end full AA forms

~Impulse~
(a) Winged Wyrms:
Banished Dragon | Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus/Ash Bahamut | Magic Light Dragon/Steel Wings Raminas | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus/Rot Cast | Explosive Demon | Vlad the Executioner/Sara Death Messenger

(a) Beasts:
Hellfire Cereberus/Bide Randia | Centaur of Death | Fire Lord Suzaku | Giant Hell Chameleon/Deep Sea Destruct | Marbas

~Psycho~
(a) Winged Wyrms:
Gold Gorger Dragon | Dragon of Neptune | White Silver Dragon/Steel Wings Raminas | Fire&Ice Dragon | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Bird Huri | Dragon of Neptune/Hallucination Cast | Horned Phantom Tiger | Taroth/Formless Nyar

(a) Beasts
Centaur of Dark Arts | Omni Bird Huri | Ice Lord Xuanwu | Aspidochelone | Marbas

~Covert~

(a) Winged Wyrms:
Wingarm Dragon | Dragon of Terra/Dragon of Disaster | Sky Dragon/Vanity Dragon | Mesh Dragon | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Wolf Seta | Dragon of Terra/Assassin Cast | Sickle Leg Centipede | Druantia the Eternal/Courage Preacher Odin

(a) Beasts
Centaur of Divinity | Omni Wolf Seta | Earth Lord Baihu/Abyss Guard Cereberus | Beast Soul Knight (if Abyss Guard)/Cetus (if Baihu) | Bayard the Steel Horse

~Miscellaneous Cross-Guild~

when there are multiple options; pick the one which corresponds to your guild
(a) Mixed Beasts
Marbas | Omni Wolf Seta | Omni Bird Huri | Centaur of Death/Dark Arts/Divinity | Horned Phantom Tiger/Suzaku/Baihu/Xuanwu

(a/x) Mixed Demons
Taroth | Explosive Demon | Ally Summon DEA AA | Odin Courage Preacher | Death Call Covenant/Kotone Sorrow Maker

(x) Mixed Creations
Rot Cast | Hallucination Cast | Assassin Cast | Slaughter Doll Adan/Forgotten Holy Soldier/Fate Colossus Urth | Infinite Carnage/Death Blade Epetamu/Formless Nyar

(x) Mixed Wyrms

Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus | Dragon of Neptune | Dragon of Terra | Banished Dragon/Gold Gorger Dragon/Wingarm Dragon

(a/x) Mixed Crawlers
Hellish Hazling | Sickle Leg Centipede | Arachno Chi/Flame Calamity Igniti/Continent Devourer | Demon Bait Insect/Arthro Master Dasha | Colossal Scythe Ant/Crimson Beetle Knight

(x) 16bp Combo
Rot Cast | Assassin Cast | Hallucination Cast | Dragon of Venus/Dragon of Neptune/Dragon of Terra | Ally Summon DEA AA

note:
Spoiler:

(x) 16bp Winged Combo
Dragon of Venus | Dragon of Neptune | Dragon of Terra | Impulse Ally Summon DEA AA | Psycho Ally Summon DEA AA

Tier 2
"Standard AA Formations"

Last edited by larry378 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!) Empty Re: Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!)

Post by JessicaMD Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 pm

larry378 wrote:I wasn't done writing T1.5 yet Sad

there are a ton of formations missing...

sorrryyyyy

I just wanted to get it up Razz

How about you edit your post to the T 1.5 Guide so that you can edit it whenever, since it's the second post it's in a perfect place
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 pm

nice thread anyway, but i would recommend that y'all list an updated 3 combo 16 bp AA formation somewhere in there, using one of the new 16 bp dea AAs, rot and hall, and venus and neptune, maximizing defense power, though rancor players can optionally replace rot and venus with ass and terra for more mobs that are in guild and get the hidden bonus on top of combos. these forms are really, really cheap, and with the addition of dea, much more viable than before.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Armitaage wrote:nice thread anyway, but i would recommend that y'all list an updated 3 combo 16 bp AA formation somewhere in there, using one of the new 16 bp dea AAs, rot and hall, and venus and neptune, maximizing defense power, though rancor players can optionally replace rot and venus with ass and terra for more mobs that are in guild and get the hidden bonus on top of combos. these forms are really, really cheap, and with the addition of dea, much more viable than before.

haha yeah, that's on it's way T1.5 is less than 50% complete lol

there are a few more guild centric formations for all three guilds upcoming as well as total hybrid formations (creation, wyrm, demon, crawler, beast etc) pulling heavily from low bp AAs; the 80bp team you are describing will certainly be included
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

How about this creation team?

Adan
DBE
Nyar
Seeker Q
Cyclops/Mercury/Train

I'm currently planning on switching to this form. I have all the pieces, but am still skilling it up so I'm not sure if it works or not. It has HUP,IPD,DEA,IPA,AGI.

I'm thinking I'll use a blob as my leader when attacking A forms.

It's just a x1 combo, but all the pieces are really cheap now. The only expensive bit is skilling up Adan.
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Transitional Formation Guide for Beginners! (how to make the step from B/C to A, A to AA, on a budget!) Empty Winged Impulse Demons Formation

Post by Xcalibre Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 am

[quote="JessicaMD"]Welcome to the Transitional Formation Guide!

~Impulse~

(a) Demons:
Child of Pit | Devil of the Abyss(!)/Devil Ripper | Bloodfest Demon | Sear Djinn(!)/Astaroth the Accuser/Lord of Faith | Paimon/Kali of Massacre/Draining Butcher(!)

(a) Wyrms:
Nidhogg | Ladon/Flame Tarasque(!) | Ring Dragon | Aya Dragon | Dragon of Uranus/Dragon of Mars/Furnace Dragon(!)

(x) Winged Demons:
Two-Faced Devil | Draining Butcher | Chop Demon | Beelzbub | Devil of the Abyss(!)/Devil Ripper

(a/x) Winged Brutes:
Scorn Black Wings | Cruel Black Wings | Wretched Black Wings | Blazing Dragonoid | Immoral Witch Hilda/White Winged Elite(!)

I have got a draining butcher and DS does not read it as Winged. Maybe replace him in the formation with Deep Dark Demon?
Xcalibre
Xcalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm

[quote="Xcalibre"]
JessicaMD wrote:Welcome to the Transitional Formation Guide!

~Impulse~

(a) Demons:

(a) Wyrms:

(x) Winged Demons:
Two-Faced Devil | Draining Butcher | Chop Demon | Beelzbub | Devil of the Abyss(!)/Devil Ripper

(a/x) Winged Brutes:

I have got a draining butcher and DS does not read it as Winged. Maybe replace him in the formation with Deep Dark Demon?

Thanks for the info! I switched it.

Deathblob wrote:How about this creation team?

Adan
DBE
Nyar
Seeker Q
Cyclops/Mercury/Train

I'm
currently planning on switching to this form. I have all the pieces,
but am still skilling it up so I'm not sure if it works or not. It has
HUP,IPD,DEA,IPA,AGI.

I'm thinking I'll use a blob as my leader when attacking A forms.

It's just a x1 combo, but all the pieces are really cheap now. The only expensive bit is skilling up Adan.

I think that's kind of similar to

(x) Mixed Creations
Rot
Cast | Hallucination Cast | Assassin Cast | Slaughter Doll
Adan/Forgotten Holy Soldier/Fate Colossus Urth | Infinite Carnage/Death
Blade Epetamu/Formless Nyar

I don't know off-hand what skills Cyclops, Mercury, and Train have. (I think you're saying they have IPD?) But I think that should work!

Also you could swap seeker quad for a rot cast when you go up against agility-less teams.

I think the only thing to consider is not maxing adan's health up. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think adan is transferable to any of the 'serious' AA teams. so... I think other health up AAs like crimson or cont dev etc... will retain value after being maxed far better than adan will
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm

JessicaMD wrote:I think the only thing to consider is not maxing adan's health up. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think adan is transferable to any of the 'serious' AA teams. so... I think other health up AAs like crimson or cont dev etc... will retain value after being maxed far better than adan will
Why does Adan get such a bad rap? Its BP is only 2 less than those other two, and its attack is higher than both. I don't get how that makes him less "serious"

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

ryesteve wrote:
JessicaMD wrote:I think the only thing to consider is not maxing adan's health up. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think adan is transferable to any of the 'serious' AA teams. so... I think other health up AAs like crimson or cont dev etc... will retain value after being maxed far better than adan will
Why does Adan get such a bad rap? Its BP is only 2 less than those other two, and its attack is higher than both. I don't get how that makes him less "serious"

I suppose the reason is the absence of an 'optimal' team integrating Adan; sin creation

The super priced health ups like ritual, mech z, cont d, felmz, dragonoid, and issac have large sets of potential team members, but the unpopularity of creation at high level AA (to the best of my knowledge; the best creation team is psy oriented, and not even that popular in comparison to other AA teams, being best classified as a mid-grade affordable AA team) makes adan less desirable than the others.

There may be other reasons as well, but the relative price difference between adan and other hp up AAs is a clear signifier of a massive difference in desirability. The precise cause of that difference? idk. but I think the availability of accompanying party members as described above could explain it partially.

personally, I would say that adan is a terrific value if you're looking into an AA team.

But I would agree on not maxing health up on an adan. It's not exactly cheap, and the people willing to pay for a health-up(20) probably aren't looking for an adan.

Also in all likelihood; most players 'endgame' plans or 'dream teams' do not include adan; so as with most monsters you're planning on replacing eventually, maxing the skill isn't a good investment with a few exceptions (ultra-desirables, popular agi monsters, etc...)

I mean maxing an adan isn't as bad as maxing a gusion or evilmoth (both of which I have seen), but you're going to lose more money than if you maxed a ded AA wyrm (with an exception of gorger), or a dcc, lind, pit, etc...
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Good points, but aren't many players preferring mixed species teams anyway these days? (except of course for wyrms, since there's no wyrm down).

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm

ryesteve wrote:Good points, but aren't many players preferring mixed species teams anyway these days? (except of course for wyrms, since there's no wyrm down).

yeah, that's what I thought too about mixed species. but I suppose that was more of a 'hysteria' following the release of species down. They really aren't as proliferated as other skills, and due to the nature of their distribution (largely event exclusive, some dark summonable/trappable now) I think building teams to defend against that situation is rather narrow-sighted since the amount of people you will fight on average will not be running species down (20), so losing all those combos for ALL fights is unjustifiable.

sure, you'll run into someone every now and then who has demon/brute/beast(20) and they'll wipe the floor with you, but how many of them are there out there? Also the prices of new demons and brutes (haven't been paying very good attention to beasts) are steadily high which should be an indicator of continued interest in those teams.

The only readily easily observable metric to gauge the popularity/utility of monsters I can think of is pricing. And even though price may range, Adan's bizzare dual status as a health up AA... AND a 'cheap' (dru, taroth, etc...) AA is pretty clear cut.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Popularity is a very poor measure of the quality of any formation or species; there are far more people who are "bad" (whether they know it or not) than there are "good".

Most top-end players will have mixed guild/species teams, why? Not 100% because of guild/species down actually. It's very simple, if you choose to 4-5 combo with all brutes, then you are handicapping yourself due to HAVING to choose brutes, and you are also making yourself a target to every brute down (10-20) out there. There definitely are same species and guild teams worth building (rancor beasts,sin brutes, tyranny demon, etc), however, most the time you can net yourself better stats by mixing guild or species and picking up an amazing skill set with the best monsters available.

If I were to rank mixed Species/Guild top-end teams it would be equivalent to 4-5 combo AA+ teams, as long as both have health up.

Example for Rancor

Mixed species 3 combo

Felmarez+ (Health)
Rhea+ (DEA)
Reptendo+ (IPD)
Wingarm+ (DED)
Inshipit+ (IPA)

ATK 131619 DEF 97765
HP 148225 BP 186

Beast 4 Combo

Cerb+ (Undead Down)
Felmarez+ (Health Up)
Baihu+ (DeD)
Inshipit+ (IPA)
Divinity+ (Psycho Down)

ATK 133983 DEF 89007
HP 135329 BP 170

Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm

Horg wrote:Popularity is a very poor measure of the quality of any formation or species; there are far more people who are "bad" (whether they know it or not) than there are "good".

Fair enough, however being that more people have "bad" formations than "good" ones; the end result is really not needing all that spectacular a formation to be above average.

Horg wrote:
Most top-end players will have mixed guild/species teams, why? Not 100% because of guild/species down actually. It's very simple, if you choose to 4-5 combo with all brutes, then you are handicapping yourself due to HAVING to choose brutes, and you are also making yourself a target to every brute down (10-20) out there. There definitely are same species and guild teams worth building (rancor beasts,sin brutes, tyranny demon, etc), however, most the time you can net yourself better stats by mixing guild or species and picking up an amazing skill set with the best monsters available.

If battle had some form of tangible rewards, then I suppose there would be a clearer declension of "top-end" as far as teaming goes; but the fact of the matter is that some yahoo can bumble around with a 3AA/2A combo and get on page 1 and have plenty of people to farm above him. Even at the so-called 'top-end' of ~190bp teams; it becomes somewhat of rock-paper-scissors with guild/species down, and beyond that; whoever attacks first wins.

the theoretical "best Team possible"
5AAAs at 500bp with some high stats with IPD/IPA/DED/DEA will lose to itself defending.

however; having a "top-end team" is quite unnecessary for most folks' contexts. Other than epeen extendification.

Teambuilding really has logarithmically diminishing returns as far as cost is concerned
These are obviously not real numbers but say...

T .5 team; can beat 30% of other around; costs 10-20ep
T 1 team; can beat 70% of other teams; costs 50-100ep
T 1.5 team; can beat 90% of other teams; costs 200+ep
T 2 team (mid-tier full AA); can beat 97% of other teams; costs 500+ep
T 2 team (high end 'optimal' AA); can beat 99% of other teams; costs 1500+ep

anyhows, I digress.

Still; adan doesn't seem to factor into those high-end guild/species hybrid teams as much as the other hp-up AAs do.

I by no means purport to be an expert or anything on "real" AA forms, All that I'm saying is that in the T 1.5 bracket; adan maxing isn't really a great idea. And the T 1.5 bracket is designed not with maximal combat effectiveness in mind; but pricing

Also I'd imagine adan isn't really a key member of any T2+ bracket formations; since those "real" AA forms like to use "real" AA health-up monsters
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:32 pm

larry378 wrote:The only readily easily observable metric to gauge the popularity/utility of monsters I can think of is pricing.
Popularity, yes... utility, there are just too many examples of irrational pricing that run counter to this.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm

larry378 wrote:epeen extendification.

Razz

do they make e-pills for that?

like e-enzyte?
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Still; adan doesn't seem to factor into those high-end guild/species hybrid teams as much as the other hp-up AAs do.

Adan is actually a very good monster for his BP and availability, if you can't find a mech zombie or dark elf he is very viable.

but the fact of the matter is that some yahoo can bumble around with a 3AA/2A combo and get on page 1

Anyone can get to page 1, the battle system is just one big joke. You use your team for 2 reasons; to protect your worthless gold and look cool. Only entertainment value of this game is the amazingly cool artwork and playing the economy.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:03 pm

larry378 wrote:Q&A:

Q: Aren't there better formations out there?
A: yes. the primary factor which went into designing these was affordability. A true optimized AA team will wipe the floor with any of these following formations, but these formation when appropriately leveled and skilled will be nigh impervious to optimized A teams.

Q: If these are just el-cheapo formations, what's the point?
A: These formations are significant improvements to standard A teams and have members which are transferable to 'true' optimized AA teams, which allows for somewhat instant gratification in battle; rather than using your A team until you fully assemble and max your 1.5k ep value 5xAA team, you can use on of these right away once you have 2-3 AAs and have an overall improvement in combat capability.

Tier 1.5
CHEAP High end AA/A hybrid forms & Low end full AA forms

~Impulse~
(a) Winged Wyrms:
Banished Dragon | Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus/Ash Bahamut | Magic Light Dragon/Steel Wings Raminas | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus/Rot Cast | Explosive Demon | Vlad the Executioner/Sara Death Messenger

(a) Beasts:
Hellfire Cereberus/Bide Randia | Centaur of Death | Fire Lord Suzaku | Giant Hell Chameleon/Deep Sea Destruct | Marbas

~Psycho~
(a) Winged Wyrms:
Gold Gorger Dragon | Dragon of Neptune/Steel Wings Raminas | White Silver Dragon/Dormant Wyrm Rotokapt | Fire&Ice Dragon | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Bird Huri | Dragon of Neptune/Hallucination Cast | Horned Phantom Tiger | Taroth/Formless Nyar

(x) Beasts
Centaur of Dark Arts | Omni Bird Huri | Ice Lord Xuanwu | Aspidochelone | Marbas

~Covert~

(a) Winged Wyrms:
Wingarm Dragon | Dragon of Terra/Dragon of Disaster | Sky Dragon/Vanity Dragon | Mesh Dragon | Lindwurm

(x) Hodgepodge 5AA:
Ally Summon DEA AA | Omni Wolf Seta | Dragon of Terra/Assassin Cast | Sickle Leg Centipede | Druantia the Eternal/Courage Preacher Odin

(a) Beasts
Centaur of Divinity | Omni Wolf Seta | Earth Lord Baihu/Abyss Guard Cereberus | Beast Soul Knight (if Abyss Guard)/Cetus (if Baihu) | Bayard the Steel Horse

~Miscellaneous Cross-Guild~

when there are multiple options; pick the one which corresponds to your guild
(a) Mixed Beasts
Marbas | Omni Wolf Seta | Omni Bird Huri | Centaur of Death/Dark Arts/Divinity | Horned Phantom Tiger/Suzaku/Baihu/Xuanwu

(a/x) Mixed Demons
Taroth | Explosive Demon | Ally Summon DEA AA | Odin Courage Preacher | Death Call Covenant/Kotone Sorrow Maker

(x) Mixed Creations
Rot Cast | Hallucination Cast | Assassin Cast | Slaughter Doll Adan/Forgotten Holy Soldier/Fate Colossus Urth | Infinite Carnage/Death Blade Epetamu/Formless Nyar

(x) Mixed Wyrms

Omni Dragon Kanna | Dragon of Venus | Dragon of Neptune | Dragon of Terra | Banished Dragon/Gold Gorger Dragon/Wingarm Dragon

(a/x) Mixed Crawlers
Hellish Hazling | Sickle Leg Centipede | Arachno Chi/Flame Calamity Igniti/Continent Devourer | Demon Bait Insect/Arthro Master Dasha | Colossal Scythe Ant/Crimson Beetle Knight

(x) 16bp Combo
Rot Cast | Assassin Cast | Hallucination Cast | Dragon of Venus/Dragon of Neptune/Dragon of Terra | Ally Summon DEA AA

(x) 16bp Winged Combo
Dragon of Venus | Dragon of Neptune | Dragon of Terra | Impulse Ally Summon DEA AA | Psycho Ally Summon DEA AA

Tier 2
"Standard AA Formations"

great post overall, but i have two corrections.

first, marbas IS agi, so the psycho beasts should have (a) not (x). secondly, i really, really, really, don't recommend running all 3 creations in the 16 bp combo team, largely due to better defensive stats on the dragons. the reason why i recommend:

rot | hall | venus | neptune | Ally summon DEA AA

for impulse and psycho and:

assassin | hall | terra | neptune | Ally summon DEA AA

for covert is that the psycho dragon and creation have really good def, which makes them tough to beat when you add dea. the other two, rot/assassin and venus/terra depend on whether or not you're sin or rancor, for the inguild bonus. so the final should look like:

rot/assassin | hall | venus/terra | neptune | Ally summon DEA AA

of course, this might change on the 9th, will have to wait and see.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm

JessicaMD wrote:
larry378 wrote:epeen extendification.

Razz

do they make e-pills for that?

like e-enzyte?

AAAs Very Happy

ryesteve wrote:
larry378 wrote:The only readily easily observable
metric to gauge the popularity/utility of monsters I can think of is
pricing.
Popularity, yes... utility, there are just too many
examples of irrational pricing that run counter to this.

I absolutely agree; but that seems to more apply to overpriced less-useful monsters; selene, sdd, wwoh, nwd, magma and co. come to mind.

I cannot think of many under-priced highly effective critters though. Surely there are handy little monsters who are very affordable; dru (IPD AA? that's great), NYAR (IPA AA? that's great), adan, and other As like ring dragon who is pretty damn good for being a 1-2ep/reg, but the thing is they will get beaten by their 'superior counterparts' who are involved in superior teams; raminas, ash, felm, mesh, etc etc...

Horg wrote:
Still; adan doesn't seem to factor into those
high-end guild/species hybrid teams as much as the other hp-up AAs
do.

Adan is actually a very good monster for his BP and availability, if you can't find a mech zombie or dark elf he is very viable.

I absolutely agree that adan is a great value; however I still don't think maxing him for an interim team if you are planning on moving on to something else eventually is a good idea.

unless your endgame plan involves adan... in which case... well; I suppose that's a very reachable goal, but part of the fun of goals is aiming high.

Horg wrote:
but the fact of the matter is that some yahoo can bumble around with a 3AA/2A combo and get on page 1

Anyone
can get to page 1, the battle system is just one big joke. You use your
team for 2 reasons; to protect your worthless gold and look cool. Only
entertainment value of this game is the amazingly cool artwork and
playing the economy.

Amen to that.

I don't think the "fun" difference in having a team that is in the top 10 percentile of cool and the top 1 percentile is all that significant; since as you said "the majority of formations are bad", which I have been noticing more and more the higher I get on rank and the more I need to make random battle screen attacks since I'm out of >1 people. Some pretty horrendous teams out there being fielded by lv~100 folks.

EDIT: thank you Armitaage for the revisions, I have fixed the beast (a) and added and credited your 16bp form suggestion.

although I am somewhat considering dropping the 16bp AA teams from the guide since from what I remember, most T1 A teams once decently skilled can consistently beat the 80bp AA team, which in some sense invalidates its status as a T1.5
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 am

re: psycho winged wyrms... roto isn't winged, and raminas doesn't belong in any section marked "cheap". Take out those two, and I don't think that formation would stand a chance against a basic psycho demon A+ team.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 pm

ryesteve wrote:re: psycho winged wyrms... roto isn't winged, and raminas doesn't belong in any section marked "cheap". Take out those two, and I don't think that formation would stand a chance against a basic psycho demon A+ team.

thanks! I'm not sure why I had roto in there. his not being winged isn't exactly news to me.
I fixed the listing.

I'm have raminas and ash and vanity/dod in the wyrm teams as 'upgrade options' but there will always be a cheap alternative (e.g. venus rather than ash for sin wyrms; sky rather than vanity for cov, etc...

It's more to show an upgrade path from the basic template. Admittedly I didn't go into as much detail with all the other formations; I just tried to be more specific about what I was personally more familiar with.
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 pm

One more cheap AA mishmash idea, Rarity&Level Combo (b/c I just picked up a Vlad+ cheap Smile):

HUP/Dodge: Adan | 15BP Vagrant
DED: Gulph | Vlad
IPA: Nyar
DEA: Flash | Dbe | Taroth
IPD: Ritual 17BP | Dru

Everything's cheap except the HUP/Dodge skill, and maybe the Ally summons.

Or if you want hybrid, Tyranny can do a 2x Demon Combo that should mop up against any A+ team:

Agility: DCC
IPA: Sekhmet
DED: Truthseeker
DEA: Flash | Taroth
Crit: Hurricane

And they have a nice 2x Creation Combo too:

Agility: Seeker Quad
IPA: Nyar
IPD: Harrier Mushi
Hall Cast
? Whatever: Shocking Colossus/Devoid/etc

Almost makes me think I picked the wrong guild!
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by Dagodz Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm

bump - this thread is getting too low down the list.

Also, I am trying to put together an AA A+ hybrid demon impulse team. Right now I have:

Dhrtarastra (Covert)
Black Rain Demon
Thirst Demon (IPA)

Paimon (Covert)
Balrog (Covert)
Pit (AGI)
Bloodfest (DEA)
Deep Dark (Dodge)

I was thinking of adding Pit and Bloodfest to make a 3AA 2A+ team.

But I also have A Scorching Flame, Sned and Bone Crusher, Kaya to make a 3x combo AA Sin team.

Any advise?

Dagodz

Back to top Go down

Post by Roger82 Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 pm

I have a question on AA+ team, I currently have Adan(4), Devoid, Nyar, Altar, and Mushi. I loose to A+ teams with high bp and a maxed agility monster. I can go back and beat most of these teams using my A+ Psycho Demon Formation. I do not pay so getting a better AA+ formation is a long shot, but I have a Child of Corruption I could swap out for Adan if i level it, or should I work Adan's health up skill higher than 4? I have been reading about the cons of leveling his skill, but in reality I do not see myself ever getting a top contender team. Is it better to keep Adan, or go for a guild bonus with the Child of Corruption? If I keep Adan, how high does health up need to be for me to survive max agility teams? Also, one other thought, I have a Seeker Quadriga, Is maxed but only skilled to 3 atm, wonder if I skilled it up would a Psycho creation 4-1 team with Agility be better than having Adan?
Roger82
Roger82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down