Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP Raffle

4 posters

Go down

EP Raffle Empty EP Raffle

Post by Aloo Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello summoners. I am planning a raffle for 5 ep with an entry fee of 1 ep. The plan for the raffle is that everybody that wants to join gifts me one ep with a number 1-100 in the message. I am ranked around 70ish. When I end the raffle on Saturday Vorpal would put the numbers on http://stattrek.com/statistics/random-number-generator.aspx , to use it for this purpose he would put min value 1 and and max value 100 and the winner would be the first number that was selected I see. I would then give 5 ep to the winner or if more than 10 people signed up the winnings would go to 10ep. Vorpal will be moderating this raffle. I will post peoples numbers and name on this thread.

Gralstash- #24
Boredomi666- #76
Pida- #7

Last edited by Aloo on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Do i need one?)

Aloo

Back to top Go down

EP Raffle Empty Re: EP Raffle

Post by TightBike Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:21 am

sounds like you're set to make 90-95 eps profit, what a raffle

TightBike

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloo Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

2 people have signed up of course I can get 100 people somehow Suspect ! Seriously at the most ill make 5 ep in profit.

Aloo

Back to top Go down

Post by segamatic Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:16 am

Your odds are pretty unattractive.

Expected return on entering with 1 EP is at most: E = 1% chance of winning * 10 EP = 0.1 EP. This is worse than all major lotteries I know.

My recommendation is you change it so that you pick a winner out of all entrants (so probability of winning is 1 / number of entries), and if you want to keep EP, just take 10% of the total. That way, expected return is up to 0.9 EP - much more attractive.

segamatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloo Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 am

segamatic wrote:Your odds are pretty unattractive.

Expected return on entering with 1 EP is at most: E = 1% chance of winning * 10 EP = 0.1 EP. This is worse than all major lotteries I know.

My recommendation is you change it so that you pick a winner out of all entrants (so probability of winning is 1 / number of entries), and if you want to keep EP, just take 10% of the total. That way, expected return is up to 0.9 EP - much more attractive.
No, no sir the odds of someone winning are out of how many people enter one person will win no matter what. The number generator displays 100 numbers and whoever number it shows first will be the winner. I'm just really bad at explaining it.

Aloo

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmyDick Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:58 pm

I understood just fine. Odds aren't looking so bad right now. But I'd have to find you to enter.

JimmyDick

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloo Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 am

JimmyDick wrote:I understood just fine. Odds aren't looking so bad right now. But I'd have to find you to enter.
I'm 80ish overall.

Aloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down