Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Point Reset Price observation

4 posters

Go down

Skill Point Reset Price observation Empty Skill Point Reset Price observation

Post by XJF Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 am

We've all seen the Skill Point Reset Books going for over 50ep up to around 75ep.
Frankly, I'm confused. The cost of the books are 3000 Soul Points, which is the equivalent of $25USD
If you traded in those 3000 Soul Points for EP you could only get 35 ep (24ep for 2000SP, and 11ep for 1000SP).
Shouldn't these values be equal since they both are the equivalent in real world dollar amount?

And wouldn't it be easier (read as: Cheaper) to just delete your allies and add more and re-distribute skill points that way? Granted you don't get to redo the 3 per level, but the ally skill points are over half of your total. Considering this, shouldn't it negate some of the usefulness of the SPRB and thus drop the price?

On this topic, in the shop you can buy the same number of BP as EP for a given amount of Soul Points. So why does the value of BP fluctuate between 2:1 to 1:1 depending on the type of event?

Thoughts?

P.S. I'm assuming the most valid response will be C'est la vie
XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Skill Point Reset Price observation Empty Re: Skill Point Reset Price observation

Post by Bestron2 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:43 am

If you bought a Skill Book, which is rare, and can only be bought for real money, would you sell it for what it's actually worth or would you sell it for a bit more? The fact that people actually buy it just seals the deal really - these are the people who desperately want to rank in events, and ever little bit counts, even the measly 3 per level up. Even by spending no money, most people can easily farm EP - its like legal tender in this game. Skill books are much rarer and not so commonplace.
Second question I believe I have already answered. The people who buy it are those who wish to eke out every little advantage they can possibly get. And also, it is not necessarily cheaper to just buy BP. Remember, after you use a Skill Book, you get more bang for every BP you use, remember? Which means if you blow through HEAPS of BP it'll save you in the long run. (In this scenario we'll assume every BP you actually bought.)
And BP is valued less because the amount of BP events are much smaller compared to that of EP. Basically, the utility of BP is less than that of EP.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

Skill Point Reset Price observation Empty Re: Skill Point Reset Price observation

Post by ryesteve Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am

Short answer: it costs more, because the people buying them with ep aren't buying the ep with soul points.

And I tried the ally drop thing during the dragon wall event, and you reach a point where you've still got over 300 points in energy, and can't move any more. That's a lot to give up.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by krisirk Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 pm

My thread here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] goes into the mathematics of doing an Ally based skill reset. When all allies are removed your BP will always be 60 above your EP. You might have to add and remove allies a few times to get it to this base, but it will always go there.

Krisirk

krisirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down