Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps)

5 posters

Go down

EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps) Empty EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps)

Post by Haji Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 am

As we all know, the Phantom Tower event has been started for almost a week.

If i didn't remember wrongly, the event used to last for only 1 or 2 weeks and now has been extended to around 3 weeks, due to multiple problems occured at the beginning of the event.

The time for players to enjoy the event has been lengthened, but the battle for higher ranking in the event becomes more "Costly" "Time consuming"& "Exhausted".

The origin purpose to extend the event is to compensate the time that players loss due to the early event problems, but somehow, personally think that the developers may use this opportunity to make a short rewarding event into a long-term money making campagin for the Ateam.

Since the longer the event lasts, the more energy potions and soul points that players have to consume, in order to catch up with the others, or just keep their ranking at the same position.

Although the developers did give players some extra gifts as compensation, but comparing to the "Spending"due to extension of time Maybe way larger than what we were been compensated.

Besides, the chance of people getting progression monsters will be higher, pushing higher ranking people to buy more soul points/ eps, just to keep their current status.

So at the end of the event, even the developers failed preparing for the event at the beginning. The developers may earn more than they planned, instead of compensating players in a "Proper" way.

These are just my own opinions, I apologise for any offense if there's any.

Haji

Back to top Go down

EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps) Empty Re: EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps)

Post by Xercen Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

May i ask what you believe 'proper compensation' to be? A summons to all or something?

A team is a company. They are a business in which making a profit is the short and long term goal.

If they are making money in order to keep this game running and to expand the servers, then i can't see it being anything other than a good thing.

Xercen

Back to top Go down

EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps) Empty Re: EXtension of Phantom Tower Event (Compensation for players or Another rip off for soul points & eps)

Post by Haji Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm

First, the reason that i post this thread is to express my own Opinion on the "Reason" by extending the event time by a week, when the downtime caused by the problems lasted only for 2 days maxed.

And I've stated that I don't like this compensation method (which is only one part of its compensation campaign) , since the longest extension time may not give benefits towards players, but instead the result maybe vise versa; since players have to endure a longer competition time, and this requires more energy (both in game / or real life), just like racers participating into a car racing competition, if the competition lasts for a longer time, you'll need to spend more petrol and repair fees,

This makes the "compensation" turns into an "extra sales boosting" action, which somehow, some players may consider the developers have no intention to actually compensate the players in a proper (sincere) way. (even when the developers may not intend to boost the sales)

The few eps and Dark summons were a good compensation method. However, with the over extension of the length of time may, minimised the full value of the compensation plan (which is what i mean not proper).

Not to mention the campaign they just released... "The My 100 Energy potion bonus" campagin... a very obvious marketing plan, to persuading people to buy their 11* dark summon pack during the campaign period.

And this campaign only shows this statement to me:
"If you want to win this event, you NEED to pay to win. Those stupid players who can't pay for soul points won't be able to win, no matter how hard you try, it is just impossible, please leave")

This game used to be a game if players willing to trade hard and play "on-time", willing to do researches and make good trading, then you can manage to earn most of the things, even AA or some rare monsters. Which is FAIR and BALANCE.
We need luck to get better monster, but we can trade well and still able to get many of the good cards.

I understand Ateam needs to earn a profit for its living, however if they keep introducing these kind of "improve sales" plans all in a sudden, and removing the CHANCE of winning from "free-for-play" players... it May greatly affect the balance of the game, and drive away many loyal players who USED to like this game alot, leading to kill its own customer population, and then may lead to? many negative outcomes.

Earning profit from soul point is important to the developers, but for the good of the game, and to maximise the value towards players. Soul points can only be a "boost" or "aid" for players to get better chances than the others, NOT DOMINATing the other players, and make the scales falls to one side.

Last edited by Haji on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Haji

Back to top Go down

Post by segamatic Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Assuming no tower progression monster, I estimate the amount of energy it takes to reach floor 200 (to get the second A) is 16000 (majority of floors are 10 energy for 10%).

Assuming you use 5 EP and level up 10 times while advancing to floor 200, at an average of 250 energy per refill, that's about 3750. Add the mini energy potions, and we can assume that a total of about 4000 out of the 16000 energy required are from these various bonus. Which leaves about 12000 energy required.

Assuming a player gets on average 21 energy per hour (everyone starts at 20, slowly get more as collection grows), that's just over 500 energy gained per day. Which means even if someone doesn't let any of that go to waste, and spends it all on the tower, it would still take about 24 days to get to floor 200, or about 3 1/2 weeks.

Yes, that's a lot of assumptions, but I believe all the numbers are in the right ballpark. You can adjust the numbers if you want, but my conclusion is 3 weeks is long enough so that everyone has a fair shot at getting an A+ tower monster.

segamatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Haji Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm

That's true though, Segamatic. now everyone.. at least those who attempted the event with around lv 25 or sth, can easily get the A+ monster. Low ranking players will benefit the most.

But for higher ranking players, they will need to fight for a longer time to maintain their currently ranking, hence more eps.

And the new My 100 eps campaign just ruined many higher ranking "free-for-play" players' dreams as well.

Haji

Back to top Go down

Post by segamatic Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 pm

I agree that the My 100 Energy Potions are a bad idea. If they wanted to do something like that, at the very least they should have done it from the very start.

Implementing now to make the summon pack look more attractive does seem like greedy behavior...

segamatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ivreal Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 pm

by the way you guys do know that it only provides 100 energy right not my energy which restores all of your energy. It is state as "my 100 energy potion".
yea i am just gonna play for the fun of it. I realize people are going to get stronger as each event moves on, but im going to ride this sucka out.

ivreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Haji Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Indeed, we all just want the game to be playable and fair to all. Don't kill our effforts on working through all the hardship for great cards.

We don't mind soul points and promotion sales, but please, don't do it during some events and competition, it creates unfairness.

Wish the developers can put more consideration on the overall game balance system and make the game less "soul points" depenable, hence let the hardworking loyal players to pay off their efforts.

Haji

Back to top Go down

Post by Auren Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Not to derail your point, as I agree they are being too greedy, too fast but I'm absolutely positive the event was supposed to be roughly 3 weeks long from the very beginning.

Auren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down