Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ally Invite Summons - save for next event?

4 posters

Go down

Ally Invite Summons - save for next event? Empty Ally Invite Summons - save for next event?

Post by TheFury Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm completely unimpressed with the invite summon monsters with time. I have a ton of ally invite summons I haven't used. If I save them for the next invite event, will they have a chance at summoning the new invite event monsters? Or will they revert to only summoning worthless junk?

I ask because apparently the game keeps track of the origin of each summon stone. Or so I hear. So even if it lumps all "Ally Invite Summon" into one group, it still knows how many were from posting on twitter vs. inviting a new player.

Anyone know more about how this works than I do?

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Ally Invite Summons - save for next event? Empty Re: Ally Invite Summons - save for next event?

Post by zeethee Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:36 am

thats a good question, i was wondering this too.

zeethee

Back to top Go down

Ally Invite Summons - save for next event? Empty Re: Ally Invite Summons - save for next event?

Post by Armitaage Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

TheFury wrote:I'm completely unimpressed with the invite summon monsters with time. I have a ton of ally invite summons I haven't used. If I save them for the next invite event, will they have a chance at summoning the new invite event monsters? Or will they revert to only summoning worthless junk?

I ask because apparently the game keeps track of the origin of each summon stone. Or so I hear. So even if it lumps all "Ally Invite Summon" into one group, it still knows how many were from posting on twitter vs. inviting a new player.

i doubt that's the case, would create too much overhead trying to keep track of it in a database. instead, what i think is really happening is that the game keeps track of the number of players that you have invited during the latest campaign. i know for a fact that this number increases even after the end of the campaign. after 20 invites, the if else statement kicks in, and goes to the "else" clause, giving you whatever reward you're supposed to be allowed to receive from the 21st invite onward. the number of invited players will keep going up until the next event starts, when it simply gets reset to 0. code probably looks something like this:

Code:
function invited_player(int count){
if(count <= 20){
  reward inviter with 3 summons;
}else{
  reward inviter with something else;
}
}

function main(){
//whatever other code is part of this
if(StartNewEvent == true){
c = 0;
invited_player(c);
} else{
c += 1;
invited_player(c);
}
//whatever other code is part of this function
}

this is a rough guess what the code handling these summons is, but it most likely is something that simple. i've done enough coding on the side to know that this is far simpler than trying to record the origin of each and every single ally invite summon ever, it would waste unnecessary database space that could be used for other, more important records.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 am

Armitaage wrote:
TheFury wrote:I'm completely unimpressed with the invite summon monsters with time. I have a ton of ally invite summons I haven't used. If I save them for the next invite event, will they have a chance at summoning the new invite event monsters? Or will they revert to only summoning worthless junk?

i doubt that's the case, would create too much overhead trying to keep track of it in a database. instead, what i think is really happening is that the game keeps track of the number of players that you have invited during the latest campaign. i know for a fact that this number increases even after the end of the campaign. after 20 invites, the if else statement kicks in, and goes to the "else" clause, giving you whatever reward you're supposed to be allowed to receive from the 21st invite onward. the number of invited players will keep going up until the next event starts, when it simply gets reset to 0. code probably looks something like this:

Code:
function invited_player(int count){
if(count <= 20){
  reward inviter with 3 summons;
}else{
  reward inviter with something else;
}
}

function main(){
//whatever other code is part of this
if(StartNewEvent == true){
c = 0;
invited_player(c);
} else{
c += 1;
invited_player(c);
}
//whatever other code is part of this function
}

this is a rough guess what the code handling these summons is, but it most likely is something that simple. i've done enough coding on the side to know that this is far simpler than trying to record the origin of each and every single ally invite summon ever, it would waste unnecessary database space that could be used for other, more important records.

i code.. a lot(computer engineer) and i too think that it would be far easier for them to simply keep track of how many invites you have for the current event rather than keeping track of where each and every summon comes from. so that next event you can summon the invites only monsters using the stones from the current event.

However, its possible(however unlikely) that they do keep track, in fact its not actually that difficult, if they wanted they can simply mark each summon in the code given that people most likely would not have millions of ally summon stones the numbers should be easily manageble. of course that might entail making each stone an object rather than simply keeping a count. but like i said its unlikely A-team would do this
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:39 am

i agree, it's not that difficult to write the code for it, but it can get expensive in terms of storage. there are over 40 thousand of us, perhaps more; it's been a while since i've had 0 honor points, so idk what rank a brand new player starts at now. still, that's a minimum of 40,000 bytes per day during an event month, so figure on a minimum of 1120-1240 kilobytes for that month, and that is assuming that each summon takes 1 byte to store in the database. since it's doubtful that player data is the only thing they store in the same database, that has an impact. assuming 4 ally events per year, it adds up. that said, it's not just unlikely that they keep track of each stone, but it is extremely highly unlikely(yes, i know that extremely highly is redundant) that they do.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by TheFury Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:17 am

OK, that makes a ton of sense - but that suggests that is IS good to hold onto ally invite summons. Because during the next event, the game won't know that the invite summons you have are from the previous event.

Granted, it means you miss out on the improved-chances summons that are based on your invite count for the current campaign. But even invite summons from connecting to Twitter have a chance of summoning the event monster.

So if I save up, say, 50-80 ally invite summons over a few invite campaign events, then when they have one that rewards players with monsters that will be worth a ton, I can use them all and expect a few good rewards.

Seems like a better bet than going for the current set of monsters, which just don't seem competitive in any team at all.

EDIT: Of course, they may just keep track of twitter connections during the current campaign too, and if you use more summons than (Twitter Connections + (Ally Invites * 3)) then you get effectively a ally point summon or something worthless like that.

Last edited by TheFury on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total

TheFury

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 am

Armitaage wrote:i agree, it's not that difficult to write the code for it, but it can get expensive in terms of storage. there are over 40 thousand of us, perhaps more; it's been a while since i've had 0 honor points, so idk what rank a brand new player starts at now. still, that's a minimum of 40,000 bytes per day during an event month, so figure on a minimum of 1120-1240 kilobytes for that month, and that is assuming that each summon takes 1 byte to store in the database. since it's doubtful that player data is the only thing they store in the same database, that has an impact. assuming 4 ally events per year, it adds up. that said, it's not just unlikely that they keep track of each stone, but it is extremely highly unlikely(yes, i know that extremely highly is redundant) that they do.

well i guess in the end just assume m0n3y is king and that their not gonna bother investing in more data processing/storage capacity if they can get away with it

TheFury wrote:OK, that makes a ton of sense - but that suggests that is IS good to hold onto ally invite summons. Because during the next event, the game won't know that the invite summons you have are from the previous event.

Granted, it means you miss out on the improved-chances summons that are based on your invite count for the current campaign. But even invite summons from connecting to Twitter have a chance of summoning the event monster.

So if I save up, say, 50-80 ally invite summons over a few invite campaign events, then when they have one that rewards players with monsters that will be worth a ton, I can use them all and expect a few good rewards.

Seems like a better bet than going for the current set of monsters, which just don't seem competitive in any team at all.

you'll be saving up for a long time for 80 summons(many monthes), but i think you can, in theory, save and use those summons when/if a "good" set of ally summon monsters come out. of course this does not gurantee that A-team wont change the code causing those summons to be useless in the future
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by zeethee Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 pm

I program as well (for the last 15 years) and agree that since those summons dont expire, it would not be timestamped and you would get what ever new random monster they put in there for the next event. this is purely speculation though.

zeethee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down