Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread

+12
Madelein
larry378
snoozer
LeadWing85
lasthuhu
kyan
JosieAmI
Armitaage
ryesteve
mewantcookies
Bestron2
silentsong
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread Empty The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread

Post by silentsong Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 am

I'm creating this thread for people to speak their mind as to which monsters they think are more highly valued as they should be or which ones they think deserve more attention than they get.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread Empty Re: The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread

Post by Bestron2 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 am

Selene is overrated. That is all.

I mean seriously, when Sekhmet has better stats and is generally better for the Demon team... meanwhile Selene is inferior and is worth 5 times as much. Hooray for logic.
Bestron2
Bestron2

Back to top Go down

The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread Empty Re: The Most Overrated/Underrated Monsters thread

Post by mewantcookies Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 am

^This. The only thing is Selene looks prettier then Sekhmet, that must be the logic.
mewantcookies
mewantcookies

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:46 am

Victoria and her skill. Yes, she has great stats for an A, but given what people are charging for her, you're better off getting a Taroth and a Kotone.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 am

Underrated: if you asked a little while ago, I would've said Crimson Dragonoid, but people seem to have finally caught on.

Best value: Lethargic and Kag. There were so many of them distributed, they're dirt cheap, and have better stats than the way-more-expensive monsters they'd replace (eg, Dawn, in the case of Lethargic)

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm

ryesteve wrote:Underrated: if you asked a little while ago, I would've said Crimson Dragonoid, but people seem to have finally caught on.

Best value: Lethargic and Kag. There were so many of them distributed, they're dirt cheap, and have better stats than the way-more-expensive monsters they'd replace (eg, Dawn, in the case of Lethargic)

kag is only best value for a short while longer. the more time passes since mobius, the more valuable he becomes, because more people realize how good he really is as a replacement for DEN and more new players join, and they all want a kag. the supply of the 30 bp As from mobius is now fixed, but the demand for them grows ever bigger. you do the math.

as for overrated monsters, i'll just say that the winged emons TEAM is overrated, that combo sacrifices too much to be truly effective(who cares for a glass cannon that cannot strike first? just break it to bits. or, in the immortal words of zangief from street fighter II V, "now i crush you like egg"). i mean, no agi, seriously?
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JosieAmI Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Selene, alarune... Other cards that have not particularly good or unique skills, and yes Vic... holy s.... I'd rather get an AA... yes, cool skill, but just no.... she's not even winged... I'll stick with my leth n keep on going ha...

JosieAmI

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I'd say Devil of Endless Night is overrated, but I'm still deciding to use her over my flame kag cuz in my mind sexiness>stats.

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 am

Over rated: madflame, vic, selene, valk, SDD anything new.
Under rated: vlad, most rancor cards.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

Last edited by kyan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sdd is so overrated now)

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by lasthuhu Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:03 pm

lord of faith is underrated it has very good skill def+

lasthuhu

Back to top Go down

Post by LeadWing85 Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm

imma say what i think most will scoff at for saying... the lighting skill. thats overrated.

so what you hit 1-2k dmg on each monster. you WILL NOT 1hit anything. only weaken, and in battle where whos agi is higher determines the victor 75% of the time, lighting is utterly useless.

-heres where some will scoff at me i imagine-

but here this, so you have C.L, pow you hit 5 monsters for 1.4k dmg, his agi is higher, so he goes first. after his first atk what are you left with? 1 monster? 2? maybe none lol. so what good did celestial lighting do for you?

on the flip side, you have lighting, boom, you do dmg ect ect, YOU have higher agi in this match, so you atk first. guess what the outcome is same as if you didnt weaken his monsters by 1k dmg lol

and this skill spirit is in auction for 200+ ep, get real lmao.

so IMO, CL is a vastly overrqated skill.......sry for rant lol
LeadWing85
LeadWing85

Back to top Go down

Post by JosieAmI Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:29 pm

kyan just a question about valk, you think the crit skill is over rated? (question of the truly curious because I've been hunting like crazy for one of her that I can afford)

also I was planning on attacking someone with celestial lightening just to see what it does lol, I also want to attack vic... lol

JosieAmI

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

JosieAmI wrote:kyan just a question about valk, you think the crit skill is over rated? (question of the truly curious because I've been hunting like crazy for one of her that I can afford)

also I was planning on attacking someone with celestial lightening just to see what it does lol, I also want to attack vic... lol

Since crit only applies to the individual its not the best skill. I only think she is overrated at she is very expensive but there isn't alot of choice for winged brute. I think Clarissa would probably do just as well at less than half the price but than I haven't run a psycho winged brute team so I could be wrong.

Its a weak aoe attack for 1-2k. Nothing special at all. If someone manage to rank it high than it might be amazing. An aoe attack of 7-8k would make it comparable to hellblaze and arctic tempest.

Most of the time I fought teams with vic or madflame, they die before even getting their attack off. It does 12-14k and never misses so it almost always one shot anything even a AA+ as it ignores defense and atk- skill etc...

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by JosieAmI Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I wonder how many people are disappointed after buying that.. I assumed it was similar to hellblaze and arctic, but at that rate it's better to be skill less than to The wheel of fortune 100++ ep for that..

And thanks for the info, I didn't realize that crit was mob specific, I thought it was for the team. I have wwsp sww wwe clarissa and was looking for valk, but I may reconsider... she's a costly one, and with her being unsummonable it's all about the super prices even for + (low skill) Max..

JosieAmI

Back to top Go down

Post by snoozer Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

kyan wrote:
Most of the time I fought teams with vic or madflame, they die before even getting their attack off. It does 12-14k and never misses so it almost always one shot anything even a AA+ as it ignores defense and atk- skill etc...[/size]

ive got a mad flame in my beast team & have had a lot of success with him, albeit sometimes its tough because my beast team is limited by the skills:

mad flame
marbas max - 17
lion max
dsd max - 15
fenrisulfr max (should probably replace with kyuuki & change the skill)

snoozer

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:45 pm

snoozer wrote:
kyan wrote:
Most of the time I fought teams with vic or madflame, they die before even getting their attack off. It does 12-14k and never misses so it almost always one shot anything even a AA+ as it ignores defense and atk- skill etc...[/size]

ive got a mad flame in my beast team & have had a lot of success with him, albeit sometimes its tough because my beast team is limited by the skills:

mad flame
marbas max - 17
lion max
dsd max - 15

You should replace your crimson with kyuuki, unless you already popped a good skill onto your crimson.... Kyuuki has slightly higher attack than crim, and a skill, which is arguably better than NO skill, and slightly higher hp in a non-lead monster
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:31 pm

JosieAmI wrote:I wonder how many people are disappointed after buying that.. I assumed it was similar to hellblaze and arctic, but at that rate it's better to be skill less than to The wheel of fortune 100++ ep for that..

And thanks for the info, I didn't realize that crit was mob specific, I thought it was for the team. I have wwsp sww wwe clarissa and was looking for valk, but I may reconsider... she's a costly one, and with her being unsummonable it's all about the super prices even for + (low skill) Max..

go with sgq the 5-25% extra attack to the team beats any other options for winged brutes out there.

Kyan
Kyan's Store

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by silentsong Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:04 am

Okay, I have decided White Winged Sky Pirate is def. WAY overrated. I put her up for auction, unevolved, mind you, (along w/ hallucination cast like lvl 12) with no minimum bid, highest bid or first to bid 30 EP wins. The next morning when I woke up I had 3 bids for 30 EP. lol

silentsong

Back to top Go down

Post by Madelein Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 am

What? I just put a pirate reg up for auction saying 25 ep buyout lol

Madelein

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 am

At the very least, if you have a monster with crit up you could consider putting them as your leader. Sometimes having them crit makes the difference between taking a monster out or not and having them survive that bit longer is gold.

Sorry to have derailed a bit, lol.

Did I mention that I think Deep Sea Destruct is very under-rated/priced? He's BP24 with Def Up, which is a super rare skill for Sin.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by applesauce Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm

silentsong wrote:Okay, I have decided White Winged Sky Pirate is def. WAY overrated. I put her up for auction, unevolved, mind you, (along w/ hallucination cast like lvl 12) with no minimum bid, highest bid or first to bid 30 EP wins. The next morning when I woke up I had 3 bids for 30 EP. lol

haha guess im putting my extra reg and + for auction
applesauce
applesauce

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Mortium wrote:At the very least, if you have a monster with crit up you could consider putting them as your leader. Sometimes having them crit makes the difference between taking a monster out or not and having them survive that bit longer is gold.

Sorry to have derailed a bit, lol.

Did I mention that I think Deep Sea Destruct is very under-rated/priced? He's BP24 with Def Up, which is a super rare skill for Sin.

Agree that DSD is underrated but def up is common for sin. That's the main problem with sin wyrm team too many of the wyrms have def up. What sin really needs is attack plus. Only abyss, asura and scrap has it hence all the demons team as undead has no agility to go with it.

Kyan

kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 am

oh of course, heh im so used to running demons i forget about the wyrms with inc def. That solves a problem for my wyrm team anyway, lol.
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePeopleShow Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Any monster that is an attractive female is severely over rated. The biggest example of this would be Selene+ (which someone already brought up). You can get a BQS+m(20) for 50-60EP and it has much better stats than Selene+m(20), which costs over 120EP. Psycho winged brutes and impulse winged demon teams are super over rated as well. The psycho winged brute team has around 45k attack with 5 bonuses, even with a SGQ+m(20) its weak. In my opinion the sin beast team is super underrated. I have Fire Lord+m(20), Marbas+m(20), Kyuuki+m(10), Deep Sea Destruct+m(20) and Released Fenrisulfr+m(10). My win % on defense is over 80. 3 Defensive skills(+PD(20), Dodge(10), -EA(20))+ Agility Up(20) + revive(10) really pisses people off when they attack you lol.

ThePeopleShow

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:25 pm

larry378 wrote:
snoozer wrote:
kyan wrote:

mad flame
marbas max - 17
lion max
dsd max - 15

You should replace your crimson with kyuuki, unless you already popped a good skill onto your crimson.... Kyuuki has slightly higher attack than crim, and a skill, which is arguably better than NO skill, and slightly higher hp in a non-lead monster

I don't know revive is a tricky skill. The revive monster will absorb one hit but you lose the attack from kyukki so you're trading one hit for your opponent one hit. Kyu has high attack which makes using its skill worse than not attacking I think. Its almost the same as no skill.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next