Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attack system - What to attack first

+2
Khastarax
Jonsbe
6 posters

Go down

Attack system - What to attack first Empty Attack system - What to attack first

Post by Jonsbe Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey,

I was wondering.. I'm running Sin Demon combo now with A+. I'm lvl 29 as for now.

- Spite+m s3
- Flame Kagutsuchi+ L24 S3
- Devil of the Abyss+ L25 S5
- Child of Pit+ L23 S4
- Sear Djinn+ L14 S6

Basically my djinn hit's first, which is quite weak at the moment. Next is the big Spite+ attack which is maxed, then comes the rest.

What should i attack first? Lowest hp, leader, high hp, skilled monsters or levels?

And should i never change it?

Thank you guys, you're awesome Wink

Jonsbe

Back to top Go down

Attack system - What to attack first Empty Re: Attack system - What to attack first

Post by Khastarax Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

My choice is "lowest hp" with my Sin Demon team since it'd always finish off a monster that's been damaged (a dead monster equals to less damage as a whole).

"Target Leader" could also be an alternative since most people's leader happens to be their strongest monster (as in most levelled) in their formation and if you can take it out it could make the rest of them crumble.

"Highest hp" would most of the time make you change target a bit too often making you spreading out your damage too much. Skilled monster is too underwhelming since many monsters got passive skills that have already been applied at the beginning of combat.
Khastarax
Khastarax

Back to top Go down

Attack system - What to attack first Empty Re: Attack system - What to attack first

Post by Jonsbe Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok thanks.. The main thing i was thinking about lowest hp was that i had moments where my guy attacked a target to lets say 5% hp.. Then my main goes for 10k hit to the lowest... You get the point, but i guess 1 less target is just the thing..

Jonsbe

Back to top Go down

Post by Khastarax Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Jonsbe wrote:Ok thanks.. The main thing i was thinking about lowest hp was that i had moments where my guy attacked a target to lets say 5% hp.. Then my main goes for 10k hit to the lowest... You get the point, but i guess 1 less target is just the thing..

Yeh you'll have overkill unfortunately with this tactic, but since difference of atkpower between a damaged monster to one with full hp is zip (meaning the monster will bite you back for full damage either case) I'd take that any day.

You could try manipulating the order in which your monsters will attack to some extent by re-arranging their battle formation position, where speed seems to be based on a combination of "natural speed", BP cost, level and like said earlier position.
Khastarax
Khastarax

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 am

Jonsbe wrote:Hey,

I was wondering.. I'm running Sin Demon combo now with A+. I'm lvl 29 as for now.

- Spite+m s3
- Flame Kagutsuchi+ L24 S3
- Devil of the Abyss+ L25 S5
- Child of Pit+ L23 S4
- Sear Djinn+ L14 S6

Basically my djinn hit's first, which is quite weak at the moment. Next is the big Spite+ attack which is maxed, then comes the rest.

What should i attack first? Lowest hp, leader, high hp, skilled monsters or levels?

And should i never change it?

Thank you guys, you're awesome Wink

That's the reason I don't like sear djinn in the demon team and would replace him if you can. Djinn attack is typically too low even at maxed level to take out an opponent lowest hp monster. A demon team's aim to take out at least 3 monsters of your opponent on first wave of attack and that is best accomplish by setting your team to target lowest hp.

The order that your monster go is determine by their order in your formation from top to bottom with a few rare exceptions where the intrinsic agility of the monster is higher than its team mates. Of course, preemptive strike goes first which makes Djinn problematic. The typical setup is your highest attack as leader to one shot opponent weakest. Your third/fifth highest attack to take out opponent second weakest and your second/fifth highest attack to take out a third.

I don't recommend targeting leader. Leaders gets 2x bonus to hp so it takes twice as much to kill him as the rest of the other members but he still only attack once so you're much better off using the 2-3 attacks to kill him to instead kill 2-3 members of the opponent team. The sin demon team epitomize "the best defense is a good offense" and dead monsters do 0 damage.

Kyan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by derpados Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 am

Another thing to remember is if you win the agility battle the order you mobs attack in can be controlled. Your leader hits first, then the one just above then the top, then the one below and then bottom.

To me strategy all depends on the power of your team. Example

If you have all max and say all skill 15 and you are hitting for 15k then targeting the leader might be best bet, 2 attack wipes the AA out before they start, or you might 1 hit it. Without that kinda power i would suggest target Lowest HP and try to remove as many of there attacks as possible.

Also if you have slumbering breath (for some reason) make sure she attacks last so you don't wake up the person you sleep before it's there turn

derpados

Back to top Go down

Post by ShYber Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:33 pm

oh wow this thread has been very helpful and informative!
Right now I'm in the process of completing my sin beast team and I was feeling my attack patterns were a bit ineffective.

Team: Marbas + (max, agi 7), Crimson Lion Guard + (max), Scrap Meat Zombie+ (lvl 58..replacing with Kyuuki+), Mad Flame Vanargandr+ (Lvl 49), Deep Sea Destruct+ (Lvl 39).

My team attacks in that order too...and since Mad flame goes 4th I feel its skill is being really wasted since it almost always hits a low level target. So if I set it as the leader it would attack first?

ShYber

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm

yes, it will, unless you have something with preemptive strike in team. preemptive strikes always attack first, with highest skilled preemptive having priority.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down