Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really?

4 posters

Go down

Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really? Empty Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really?

Post by light Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm curious. Are these EVER worth trying to get anything in trade or is it better to always sell them to the vendor for BP gold or use them as sacrifice fodder?

Does anyone think A-Team will ever re-tool these skills to make them actually useful or add additional skills to the game? And are there any more useless skills that I missed?

light

Back to top Go down

Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really? Empty Re: Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really?

Post by kyan Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Crit and preemptive aren't useless like slumbering. It just most ppl don't bother level preemptive too high and there are alot of B with that skill. The only time lv of preempt matters if you run into someone else with a preemtpive strike monster which is rare.

Crit would be great if it applies to a whole team instead of just one monster but still a critical strike most often will one shot an opponent monster and particularly useful on a leader where you're counting on it to take out an opponent with one shot.

I would say the other useless skill is heal. The healed monster just die before it can attack in most cases so basically you just lose a turn of attack. Revive is probably along the same line though I haven't fought too many team with that skill to be sure.

Celestrial lightning sounds really cool but in practice its less than overwhelming. Maybe at lv20 or something. I'll rather take hell blaze or arctic tempest any day. A sure fire one shot rather than 5 shoot than doesn't kill anything.

Ateam is unlikely to retool the skills imho. Apparently there are new skills in the coming event.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really? Empty Re: Critical Rate, Slumbering, and Preemptive....really?

Post by Armitaage Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 am

Imho, crit IS pretty useless unless it's near maxed. I've faced quite a few crit monsters that take more than one hit to kill and they just don't crit against me before I've killed them. Crit would be infinitely more useful if it affected the whole party, not just the monster in question. I would replace a crit monster with nearly any other skill w/o blinking any day
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 am

Armitaage wrote:Imho, crit IS pretty useless unless it's near maxed. I've faced quite a few crit monsters that take more than one hit to kill and they just don't crit against me before I've killed them. Crit would be infinitely more useful if it affected the whole party, not just the monster in question. I would replace a crit monster with nearly any other skill w/o blinking any day

crit starts at 5% and goes up 2% per level so in a normal battle even if it takes 2 round to kill a creature with crit. Its chance critting isn't going to happen too often unless near maxed but for the owner will notice the higher crit rate. I ran with NWD+ for a long time with crit skill around 7 and did notice he crit more often that the rest of the party. Not a bad skill to have in an attack focus party after agility, attack+, and defense-, guild down especially one a high attack monster. A crit essentially negates all defense as a crit hit is so much higher damage than the defense of most monsters and will one shot any monster but the leader. NWD+ max crit for 12k+. On an attack focus party, defense+, attack-, I would agree contribute less than crit but that just my opinion.

I hope one of my skill is increase to hit. That would help an attack focus team. Missing even just once is often the difference between winning and losing.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:40 pm

The problem with crit and p strike is that they work once (or not at all) for one monster during the length of a battle. Compared to the other skills that are active for every monster for the entire battle, it's hard to make a case for prefering them, if the option exists.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 pm

crit is just an increase in critical rate. It can work multiple times in a battle, just not very likely to.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

I understand that... my meaning was that in the VAST majority of battles, it will work once, or not at all.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down