Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missions or gold?

4 posters

Go down

Missions or gold? Empty Missions or gold?

Post by God_of_War Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I have got through quite a few of the missions but have neglected them a lot in the last few days in pursuit of much needed gold with the event making battling less desirable. So I spend a lot of time back on the 1xp level missions either completing collections over and over in the hope of a gold prize for killing the boss or on mission 4 hitting the 400 cost monsters over and over. With many monsters of my own needing leveling at ever greater cost this seemed the way to go.

However I have since read more than once that just plowing through the missions is far more effective early on and gold hunting is only worthwhile later. If this is true then why so and do the missions offer such good prizes that it is always better? I am on Mission 12 at the moment but have many collections behind me left uncompleted. Current mission costs 7xp a throw which churns through my 180 energy points super quick as it takes 140 to get through each mission stage!

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Missions or gold? Empty Re: Missions or gold?

Post by ctigers124 Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Void (3 to 4) missions are the best because it's only 1 energy. U get about a 1 to 36-75ish gold ratio. Plus u get a ton of 3 and 4 bp monsters to sell. Also if you focus on the collectable item missions you get lots of crystals which give about 20 to 30k gold per 10. So honestly I see no advantage of progressing.

Last edited by ctigers124 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Plus some events require u to do normal missions to get items such as drops of darkness. The less missions uve done means cheaper energy requirements allowing you to get more of wat ever the item is.
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

ctigers124 wrote:Plus some events require u to do normal missions to get items such as drops of darkness. The less missions uve done means cheaper energy requirements allowing you to get more of wat ever the item is.

To be fair though, they did buff the later missions, saying that missions that used more energy gave more chance of drops of darkness.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by ctigers124 Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 pm

True forgot about that
ctigers124
ctigers124

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm

The energy cost goes up and down for the later missions. The reduce the energy but gives less progress. There is a sheet with the mission info in bestiary as well as an analysis of gold payout for the various missions. Think the concensus is to farm lord of void crystal missions. The added benefit is you can also sell the void crystals for ep if you don't want to use it for raid to get gold/B summon. It also seem they change the payout for the raids. it use to give 10k gold ~50% of the time but now seem to give B summon more and gold less.

Kyan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm

You can wrack up good gold off of killing the den of woe bosses though. That's a good way to earn, until the higher levels. Since you may as well do the first 200 levels, wrack up the You know you're beautiful from there.

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 pm

yeah but after 200 its only 1000 gold per kill. You get the level x100 until 200.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by blah Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 am

lol the "You know you're beautiful" filter kicked in. What does it stand for?

blah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down