Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Churning Allies

4 posters

Go down

Churning Allies Empty Churning Allies

Post by Joe Smoe Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Is there any disadvantage to churning allies?

I've been playing about a month (22 days) and noticed an early ally who was still Level 11 (I figure I am average, I am 39). I discarded him and immediately sought out a stronger ally. The in-game help warns of losing skill points if you lose an ally. When I ditched my old one and immediately sought out a new one I received 5 more skill points when he came on board. Thus the question, if you immediately replace your old with a new one and you gain 5 more skill points, is there any disadvantage to constantly churning one or two allies continuously to build up skill points?

Joe Smoe

Back to top Go down

Churning Allies Empty Re: Churning Allies

Post by keyser sose Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:33 pm

every time that I dropped an ally, I lost the 5 points I got from them.

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:46 pm

keyser sose wrote:every time that I dropped an ally, I lost the 5 points I got from them.

This is correct.

The main thing for removing allies (if you do raid bosses) is to have active people that have stronger formations. In the current event we have clan members that can actively help us with bosses, so there may be an event down the road that allows for allies to do something similar.

Another reason to do this is if you dump all of your skill points into energy and your "new" formation uses more battle points than you currently have. Remove a few allies and redistribute the points accordingly. Be warned that unless you purchase the skill reset item, battle points are not taken away from ally removal, it ALWAYS comes off energy.

In the long run it's not really important, as I have not seen a "level cap" in this game, so you can always get more skill points.... eventually.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Smoe Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks Guvire!
I missed that small point of subtraction BEFORE addition. However, what you described is exactly what I needed to do before it was too late. If you don't mind me asking, is there a certain ENERGY/BATTLE POINTS ratio one should try to maintain after you have established yourself in the game, say level 50.

Joe Smoe

Back to top Go down

Post by General Osf Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Allies also help you defeat Raid lords, so with time it would be wise to mantain active players as your allies.

I always try to mantain a 2.5 - 1 Ratio of Energy to battle
General Osf
General Osf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guvire Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:12 pm

To level faster, I always pumped points into energy. Until you get to higher levels I never saw a need for much bp. However with the current event, and higher and higher bp mobs available it's getting tricky.

I personally have 144 bp and 510 energy at lv 92. However my focus will be adding energy and bp at an even ratio until I get around 200-250 bp now.

Guvire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down