Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong?

5 posters

Go down

Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong? Empty Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong?

Post by Deemo Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:20 pm

It seems as though every time I try to sell some stuff in an auction, I leave it up for the full length of time and get no bids. zero. Pretty good stuff too, none of this blood blob x5 ask for an AA shenanigans. I'm always fair, say I won't hold offers, check often and consider all offers but still get nothing. Meanwhile, I see so many auctions with nothing good in them getting 5-6 offers. Does anyone have any strategies for getting bids in the auction house, or is it just a string of bad luck for me?

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong? Empty Re: Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong?

Post by dan Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Only bid the minimum of 10k gold. Then it goes at the last pages. People check either the first 10 or last 10. If you get in the middle, you get screwed. Although, it's a good place to go hunting if you're looking to get a chance for a good deal.

dan

Back to top Go down

Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong? Empty Re: Auctions: Is my stuff invisible, or am I doing it wrong?

Post by Deemo Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Yeah I always leave it at 10k. Out of curiosity, what is the usual price to hit page 1?

Deemo

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm

What it takes to reach front page changes. Used to take millions but gold is scarce now. As for seeing crap auction with bids, that doesn't mean anything. I have plenty of auctions that have crap bids in them or most often banking so it tells you nothing.

As for how to get bids that all depends on what you're offering. Just because they are good monsters doesn't mean that people want them. The more established players would likely have them already and the newer player might not have enough to bid on your auction. New monsters and popular elites or AA always get bids though usually not the bids you want. The other thing that helps with bids is write in comment what you're looking for or at least a hint of what the bidder should offer. Be brief and as specific as you can. Don't write a novel. At least for me, I almost never bid unless I have an idea what the seller wants. If its too open ended makes it tough to make an offer and I usually skip the auction even if I'm interested in the item. Also packaging a bunch of stuff together might not be a good idea as I also tend to skip auctions that contain only 1 thing I want but have 4 other things that I don't. Of course that takes more time as you're only auctioning one thing at a time but including B and C in there as filter could also get the attention of a bidder who might be browsing for other stuff.

Hope this helps,
Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberator Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 am

Too many ppl leave 10k on bid, thus only a few lucky guys can actually at the last 10 pages.

Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 am

To be honest, people have no clue how to get their goods to the market easily.

If I want something specific, I check for items. The clever people put a battle potion in their offer and there are only about 8 pages to search.

The really fucking stupid people put one of each guild in their auction "for the filters"

All that does is make searching impossible. If I'm looking for Sin monsters, it's cool because there are only 87 pages to run through rather than 171 for no filter checks. If the retards took out their trash C's and B's then I could probably run through just 50 pages.

/rant over
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down