Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formation Battle Settings

+2
rekt
Eldred
6 posters

Go down

Formation Battle Settings Empty Formation Battle Settings

Post by Eldred Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 am

What is the best tactic to use for your battle settings?

I currently use "attack highest level enemy."  I have found that this causes my team to focus fire on one monster at a time (even if opponent's team is all the same level), which is better than spreading damage.

Am I correct in this thinking?

Eldred

Back to top Go down

Formation Battle Settings Empty Re: Formation Battle Settings

Post by rekt Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 am

Eldred wrote:What is the best tactic to use for your battle settings?

I currently use "attack highest level enemy."  I have found that this causes my team to focus fire on one monster at a time (even if opponent's team is all the same level), which is better than spreading damage.

Am I correct in this thinking?
use lowest hp enemy, the faster you knock out a monster. -1 less monster to worry about when it's their turn to hit you. spreading damage isn't as good as you think it is. that keeps your opponent monsters alive for their round and they'll be able to hit you fully.

rekt
Adminus the Second
Adminus the Second

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldred Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:47 am

My tactic doesn't spread damage, all of my monsters attack the highest level monster until its dead.  I'm not sure if targeting lowest hp first is better since it may result in overkill, though my team all does similar damage.

Eldred

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 am

Do as rekt says, best option is to start with lowest HP enemy, so you can kick out atleast 2 before turn changes to them, so after you get lesst attacks = less dmg

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:42 pm

I wonder if you guys put your monsters in such a formation that you have your weakest monsters attack before your stronger ones while targetting the lowest hp monster?

Back when I was around lvl 70-90 I didn't have a full species combo A+ monster formation but I had a decent amount of agi (at that time) and the A+ I was using was ok but in terms of attack power was it no where close to like full Sin demon A+ teams with high or maxed IPA/DED skills.  I had found out that if your formation's monsters have all the same speed they attack in a certain pattern and cause of that I managed to dish out enough damage to kill at least 3 monsters before my first turn and would usually win the match cause of that.

I don't do it now that I got a mix rarity formation but I was just curious if anyone has done that before or still does it now
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 pm

I had many formations from the beginning of my DS player time and now, starting with a mixed A/A+ than Sin demon team A+ and now Sin AA+ wyrms.
In any of the cases, the strongest monster in my form attacked first, to the weakest one that attacked last, and ofc, with the "target lowest hp monster"

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 pm

MoRandi wrote:I had many formations from the beginning of my DS player time and now, starting with a mixed A/A+ than Sin demon team A+ and now Sin AA+ wyrms.
In any of the cases, the strongest monster in my form attacked first, to the weakest one that attacked last, and ofc, with the "target lowest hp monster"
That does work but I liked having the weakest ones attack first so if they don't take out the monster in one hit, the other weaker one would bring it down, then it goes to the next monster with my form throwing stronger attacks with each one.  Had I have it set the other way around, I don't think I'd be able to kill the 3rd monster cause my weakest monsters would attack it and my plan would fail.

I think I need to make a wyrm team though since there is a ton of "brute down" skills on monsters, I do have the covert wyrm EX monster currently on stage 2 with enough gems to get it to stage three when I max it

Last edited by TreyDobe on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, from my knowledge you cannot decide witch of your monsters attack first, i know that the game decide that by the strongest to the weakest, so i don't know how you used to make weakers attack first

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 pm

MoRandi wrote:Well, from my knowledge you cannot decide witch of your monsters attack first, i know that the game decide that by the strongest to the weakest, so i don't know how you used to make weakers attack first
It's the placement of the monsters in the formation, obviously leader would attack then the one to the left followed by the one to the right then the monster furthest to the left then the last monster is the one to the far right. 

4th---2nd---1st(leader)---3rd---5th

This is how the formation page looks with the placement of the monsters.

When you are editing the monster formation its listed from top to bottom, the leader obviously at the top and the last monster on the list is the one that attacks last (unless they are different ranks then the monsters will attack according to which ever has the most agility and so on and so forth.)

Viewing your formation on the main page it's the leader in mid, then the top left corner followed by the top right corner then the bottom left then the bottom right
2nd------3rd
-----1st-----
4th------5th

I couldn't have been the only one to notice this right?
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Yes i already know that, but you cannot be dumb to place the weaker monster as leader, and strongest the last, since the monster that is weaker at atk it's also way more weak in hp than the strongest mosnter in ur form, and placing it so the doubled hp goes to the weaker one and it's a waste since the strongest one stays the same...whenever you go i think 99% of the final result it's the same, and when other player initiate the attack against you, your form can be wiped out before it gets the chance to attack

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by TreyDobe Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:16 pm

MoRandi wrote:Yes i already know that, but you cannot be dumb to place the weaker monster as leader, and strongest the last, since the monster that is weaker at atk it's also way more weak in hp than the strongest mosnter in ur form, and placing it so the doubled hp goes to the weaker one and it's a waste since the strongest one stays the same...whenever you go i think 99% of the final result it's the same, and when other player initiate the attack against you, your form can be wiped out before it gets the chance to attack
Hmm this is true, I guess I had my strongest at lead then did what I suggested and had them attack weakest to strongest afterwards, didn't really think too much about my post till now. Leader would usually one shot the weakest if not then my weakest monster would attack it killing it then so on and so forth.
TreyDobe
TreyDobe

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:40 am

Yes, you can...or not, considering sometimes 2-3 attacks of the weakest, adding enemy guild down, can let an extra enemy monster still alive, thing that can make the difference at the end of the battle, when i battle form, event stronger than mine, keeping the normal form position, when i initiate the attack i always wipe atleast 3 of the enemy mobs, and the last 2 weakest of my monsters sometimes they dont slay another enemy monster from the first turn...
Here is the difference in similar or some stronger form compared to myne (sin aa wyrms 5x combo, 143 bp, +m(20) IPA IPD DEA DED HU)
Normal form imput:
leader atk: -1 enemy monster
2nd atk: -1 enemy monster
3rd atk: -1enemy monster
4th atk: dmg only
5th atk: dmg only
After 1 turn of my form atk only enemy has 2 monsters left, one of them badly damaged

Your form imput:
leader atk: -1 enemy
2nd atk: dmg only
3rd atk: dmg only
4th atk: -1 enemy (the damaged one)
5th atk: -1 enemy
After 1 turn of ur atk 2 monsters aswell alive of enemy, but both full hp

And all of these if the battle goes normal, but if u add any agi, guild down, is a total mess, not to mention if u miss once...
The important thing is to wipe out as many monster as u can before he gets the chance to atk Smile

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 am

My strategy for lowest health is this placement, which has won me more battles than I care to count:

Leader: highest attack monster, regardless of whether or not it has the highest health. I just want to protect my hardest hitter until the end, to ensure that I can knock out at least one monster per turn after the initial turn.
The other 4 monsters, arranged top to bottom from lowest attack to highest attack. This way I save my second and third strongest monsters for killing either the second or third lowest health enemy monster, depending on enemy def.

I have found this order to be most efficient, as it ensures that I can knock off at least 2-3 of the enemy monsters on the first turn which, as thanatos has said, usually leads to victory.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Armit, i don't get it why you go that way, or i havent understand where you point, so before i open my mouth without knowing what i am talking, check my form here and say hou you would place them:
http://www.ds-forum.com/t13438-your-best-formation

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:42 pm

I'd place them as
Ash(leader)
Venus
Kanna
Moon sea
Banished

not that I'd be using anything with less than 10k atk anymore, winged bonus be damned, lol.
The idea is to protect my hardest hitting monster(in this case ash) with double health, and to save my 2nd and 3rd hardest hitting monsters(banished and moon sea) to knock out the enemy's 3rd lowest health monster, giving me a 4-2 lead at the start of round 2.

Here's how battle would normally go:
Ash attacks: -1 monster
Venus attacks: damage only
Kanna attacks: -1 monster(the damaged one)
Moon sea attacks: damage only(though nearly killing it)
Banished attacks: -1 monster

Or

Moon sea attacks: -1 monster
Banished attacks: damage only

When the enemy attacks back, they'll maybe take out one monster and nearly take out a second, but I still have a 3-2 or 4-2 advantage at the start of round 2.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Sounds good, i will test it and watch some battles, and...this form may be looking low, but i usually fight only players higher lvl than me and most important, with BP 200 or more and win
I was thinking to upgrade my form, i am also readi to get at Ex form but i keep my Energy at high as posible since i'm lvl 161 and try to have as much since i ranked in past few events and some in the past, if i balance less energy and higher BP i will not be enough good for energy events nor bp ones

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Well, there ARE upgrades galore to Impulse winged wyrm now, between desert Manwyrm and the new Wyrm from this event, that should have only a modest increase in your formation's bp cost.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Yea, i already thinked at that option or theory, but they have shit skills, stats allmost not comparable and...more cost for spirit and stacks...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Well... You only have to swallow one bad apple, IF you can afford an Amaranthine Shock+, and the stats would be better than your current form, at only 25-ish more bp cost. Impulse winged wyrms suffer one major drawback, accessibility to good skills. Ash and banished are the only easily accessible ones with a good skill. Amaranthine Shock also has a good skill, but he's a capture monster, so there's not many of him around. Apart from that, all you have is no skills and bad skills.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 pm

An Amaranthine Shock was in trade a week ago with Health Up(20) @450, had the Ep thinked alot to buy it but decided not to thinking is rare but anyway 450 was a bit too much...

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmirror Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Sometimes I like to use attack enemies with skills. It also focuses on attacking one enemy at a time and still attacks the leader last, unless the leader has a special skill. Enemies with low hp sometimes have higher defense so they can be harder to kill. If I have my formation set up so lower attackers attack first then attack lowest hp enemy is a good tactic. Also when picking monsters for my formation having the lowest hp monsters with high defense is preferable since many players use the attack lowest hp tactic.
Nightmirror
Nightmirror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down