Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going from a phone to tablet.

4 posters

Go down

Going from a phone to tablet. Empty Going from a phone to tablet.

Post by Vasili Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

So, I've been playing DS on my Android phone and have always hated having to put up with the long load times and small screen. I picked up an iPad recently and was really excited at the thought of being able to play DS on it, however when I try to retrieve my account it says it's unable to retrieve across platforms? Huge disappointment, to say the least. Now I'm thinking of actually exchanging the iPad for a Galaxy Tab, but now I'm worried it won't let me do that either.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Vasili

Back to top Go down

Going from a phone to tablet. Empty Re: Going from a phone to tablet.

Post by echoside Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 pm

You can switch to tablet, as you found out though it has to be android.  It sounds like your phone is a bit slow, mine plays this game pretty fast and I have a nexus 7 and the game goes pretty slow on it, if you're worried about speed its something to consider, try finding someone who plays on a diff. tablet to see speed comparisons

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasili Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:39 am

echoside wrote:You can switch to tablet, as you found out though it has to be android.  It sounds like your phone is a bit slow, mine plays this game pretty fast and I have a nexus 7 and the game goes pretty slow on it, if you're worried about speed its something to consider, try finding someone who plays on a diff. tablet to see speed comparisons

Hey man, thanks for the reply. Yeah, looks like I'll be making a switch to an Android tablet then.

I've read that if you don't have enough space on your device then the game re-downloads all the images and stuff every time. Weird, since I still have a few GB free... My phone's a generation or two behind by now, but I find it hard to believe the game would take so long to load just because it's trying to access image files off the phone. Oh well.

Vasili

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Yea somehow its slower, from itself, i play my main DS acc on Samsung galaxy S3 and the alt accounts are on PC, the load time is half time faster on PC than my phone, even if the games move more smoothen on phone, it's a bit wierd but that's the truth, and aslong as u buy an android tablet, you shall be fine with the game, gl

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasili Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 am

You play DS on the PC?

Vasili

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:28 am

MoRandi, that's enough about ds on pc. GTeam has apparently already had a forum shut down over it. Vasili, never mind about playing it on pc. Doesn't really work on older pcs anyway, unless your graphics card supports Open GL 2.0
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:22 am

@Armitaage:
1st thing, i didn't get what u mean with the part A-team already shut down bla bla..

2nd thing, man it's 2013, i dont think he still uses a 386, come on, any person can affrod today a well working pc with Open GL more than 2.0 lol, and yea, if u run it under bluestacks it's a pain in the ass, and u can only use 1 account, but i run it on VirtualBox with a special android pack ready to be mounted in VB, i have several copies in VB of the same android pack and run multiple accounts, it moves softly and loading times are half time that phones, only when u scroll down and up trought lists like monsters in inventory if u press "sell" for example, only then it moves a little laggy if u try to scroll fast, but that's all Smile

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:32 am

MoRandi, I've heard from mods in the chatbox that before this forum went up, ATeam had shut down another unofficial forum over discussions of bluestacks or other Android emulators. Also, some of us normal people still have a 2009 laptop with integrated graphics card that is, unfortunately, not an nvidia/ati and support for which was discontinued at Open GL 1.5. Normal people won't jump to buy a new machine just because their perfectly good one can't run bluestacks.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 am

Thats another thing only A-team can do, OMG, why the hell they don't agree with running on pc and discusions about this, in the end i payd for the damn stuff i have and switch between accounts, and if u say "normal people cant jump or affrod to buy a new machine" i can also say that normal people like me wont or can't affrod to buy 3 more smartphones or tablets to just use DS alts Wink

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:03 am

To be frank, I don't understand either, but I've no choice but to accept it. I understand about not wanting to buy extra phones just to run alts, don't misunderstand. Still, it's a sore subject with ATeam, so we should not openly discuss it.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by MoRandi Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:07 am

Don't worry, i didn't misunderstood, i am just getting nervous about every new thing i hear from A-team, i don't know why, maybe coincidence lol, anyway if that's what they want, than you're right, lets close this discution Smile

MoRandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasili Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:01 pm

lol, yeah I'm on a pretty modern computer. When I first read that post I was kinda confused, as the idea of a video card that doesn't support OpenGL in this day and age is almost foreign to me. ...But anyway, back on topic.

So I contacted A-Team and they informed me that being able to switch between Android / iOS is something they'd like to implement somewhere down the line, which is cool, I guess. They also told me that having a single account accessed on more than one device is against their rules anyway, so there goes that. I originally wanted to be able to play DS on my phone while I was away from the house, and be able to play it on a larger tablet while at home, so I guess this topic is kinda irrelevant now.

Vasili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down