Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Emporium

+14
Ologolos
robinsonsteve62
borix
Event Horizon
Scratch102
JSOG
p2mc28
excutioner
DevilJin6Six6
EdwardStarbuck
larry378
faithnomorex
Armitaage
zzz1998
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Emporium Empty The Emporium

Post by zzz1998 Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 am

New market place to exchange "Jewels" for valuable items. Items include skill point reset. I like the sound of it, but let see how hard to get those jewels. At least, Ateam is trying to bring new stuff into the game.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

The Emporium Empty Re: The Emporium

Post by Armitaage Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

in more ways than one, lol, those new combos are redefining what is considered a viable form and what is not, particularly at A+ level. now we get a new sort of marketplace.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by faithnomorex Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 pm

It appears this is for "valuable items" only, so no monsters. Do you think this is a player to player exchange or can you only get stuff directly from Ateam?

I don't mind the new features as of late, but I'd much prefer they improve existing features that are in need of help. Obviously Auctions need attention, but I'm more interested in some Clan improvements (which I believe several months ago they told us they were working on).

faithnomorex

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Armitaage wrote:in more ways than one, lol, those new combos are redefining what is considered a viable form and what is not, particularly at A+ level. now we get a new sort of marketplace.

I gotta ask about this. I'm seeing mixed messages about this particular topic wherever I look.

Are people still using A forms?

I was under the impression that even the least affluent (ep-wise) and brand new players were bumping around with some black card AA / _____ cast / dragon of _____ / some other free or el-cheapo AAs
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardStarbuck Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

I'd bet that the skill resets are MYskill point resets though.

EdwardStarbuck

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

I still run one on my alt (pit+M20, Asura+M20, Flame Kag+M20, Balrog+M20, and Amun+M20) BUT i think the only reason it is still viable is because of the Psycho/Covert Down skills being maxed and the agility to go first. I dont think that the A+ team is dead, but its on life support. The "Elite" ones still stand a chance against the crappy low BP AA+ teams, but after you can get Health, IPD, and DEA maxed i think thats a different story.

I do feel that they are a dead end to pursue getting one, as the EP spent on getting Amun+ and maxing the skill would be much better spent on an Adan+ and maxing the skill, as that card will help you more in the long run.

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by excutioner Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

EdwardStarbuck wrote:I'd bet that the skill resets are MYskill point resets though.

Even if it's a My skill point reset it won't matter anyway because they wont even allow us to trade them anymore.

Anyway, i thinks its pretty interesting helps the people who dont spend money on games to have a chance at obtaining these "good" items

excutioner

Back to top Go down

Post by p2mc28 Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 pm

I foresee Jewels replacing EP for rewards. For every ranking reward, instead of seeing 1/2/5 etc EP, you get 1/2/5 Jewels. Then you go and spend Jewels on the things you want, like 30 Jewels for a skill reset. Oh, and the first event to feature them will offer a decent amount, and every event afterwards will be laughable.

In other words, I don't really see this being much of a boon for non-paying players.

But I am super duper skeptical of Ateam when it comes to... uh, well anything.

p2mc28

Back to top Go down

Post by JSOG Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 am

Its gotta involve us spending money someplace in the event to get them. Like floor 150 and 200 rewards. That way they still get ya to spend in some way. Just like magic crystals. You want a lot of relica? Buy bp and battle. You want a lot of jewels? Buy ep and do the event

JSOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Sun May 26, 2013 9:35 am

This is interesting.

Last night I got rather bored and installed another TCG that I messed with prior to getting hooked on DS, Rage of Bahamut. It was quite boring before and didn't hold my interest. Although the artwork for the cards was very Anime-style and cute enough.

As of now it is a total revamp, I was lost for quite awhile trying to find my way around in there. This stuck out though....

http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/Bazaar

When I created this new account on RoB I ended up with something like 11 Bazaar tickets. Using those tickets I could purchase cards from other players in their 'wish list' and they were cheap too. Cards that are equal to decent AA+ can be had for 5 tickets. It looks like this was done to combat the rampant hacking of RoB.

Anyone think this Emporium / Jewels setup will be the new currency in-game, soon to be used for everything? Energy Potions will be used for *gasp* energy? Use Soul Points to buy summons as usual, but also to buy Jewels so you can trade for someone else's cards?
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by Event Horizon Sun May 26, 2013 4:30 pm

It says that Jewels are only obtainable in events. I doubt that they will replace EP as currency in that case.
This Emporium will not be a revamped auction system from what I understand. Probably just something like what the Shop is right now. Except instead of paying with money, you pay with Jewels.
Event Horizon
Event Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch102 Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Event Horizon wrote:I doubt that they will replace EP as currency in that case.

Messed around with RoB for about an hour, probably just going to delete it, but let me clarify what they are doing.

You get tickets to use the Bazaar, and in there you can see ads from people listing a card (say in DS a Sabis+) and it would show you the seller wants XXep and XXbp for the card. You can pass on it and keep on down the list or buy it, and bam instant purchase you both get what you want.

Of course this leads to other sellers of the same card browsing the shop before listing, so the price can be more competitive and realistic.

It could be a nice change, and oh...yes... you can search all the RoB listings by name/word/etc so you could search to find "Steel" and pull up every for sale ad with Steel in the monster's name.

Could be an interesting move if they push more things to the Emporium. ...and probably harder for these idiots with bots to hack up the auction house more than they already have.
Scratch102
Scratch102

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 am

Emporium is open for bizznizz.

A My EP/BP for 100 jewels, EP/BP for 150 but only 3 until the 6th of June.

And yippie Monster Limit + for 300 jewels (unlimited supply).

Skill reset for 3000.

So where are the free jewels? You know to get acquainted with this just like with Relica... Rolling Eyes

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 am

They are floor rewards...every 20 floors you get some...I'm thinking like 10 jewels or so

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Wed May 29, 2013 11:20 am

Kind of strange to me... get jewels to use as currency in the emporium to get ep to use as currency in the auction house.

I like that (it seems like) you can pick and choose the rewards you want from events, but the whole process seems very round-about.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Wed May 29, 2013 11:22 am

I really hope it's more than just 10. Since we're only getting them up to floor 185, that means you'd play the whole event and only come away with enough to buy 1 ep?? Wouldn't shock me, but man, that'd be pretty disappointing.

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 am

It's probably 1

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Thu May 30, 2013 6:42 am

Its 50!!! Did not expect that but my guess is that we will not see many EP's in the Emporium. Only MyEP.

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by keyser sose Thu May 30, 2013 12:20 pm

I intend to buy all of the tradeable pots that I can... past that, I can't say.

keyser sose

Back to top Go down

Post by borix Thu May 30, 2013 1:01 pm

It is good that they put the monster limit + into this Emporium. I hope they will now remove this item from the rewards. I hate getting these during events.

borix

Back to top Go down

Post by robinsonsteve62 Fri May 31, 2013 12:18 am

It would be nice if you could purchase soul points with the Jewels, give the option to buy summons

robinsonsteve62

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

It'd also be nice if you could trade the jewels...

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Miggy Fri May 31, 2013 8:29 am

ryesteve wrote:It'd also be nice if you could trade the jewels...

then people with bots could just farm them and give to main....
Miggy
Miggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ryesteve Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 am

As opposed to buying eps and giving THOSE to the main?

ryesteve

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin6Six6 Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 am

Isn't there a limit on number of trade able EP's though? That limits sending all the crystals and buying unlimited, and cheaper, my EP on the main

DevilJin6Six6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next