Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When You Wish Upon A Skill

+2
JessicaMD
Ologolos
6 posters

Go down

When You Wish Upon A Skill Empty When You Wish Upon A Skill

Post by Ologolos Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Ok, so I'm always joking (semi-joking) about an Agility Down skill. What are some other skills you'd like to see added to the game?

I know, I know... "Wyrm Down" for some. "Wyrm Up" for me Smile

Maybe a "preemptive strike" type skill that applies to your whole party? That might be a valuable skill to have. Or a "preemptive strike" type skill that works on one random monster in your party...

Any other interesting ideas?

Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

When You Wish Upon A Skill Empty Re: When You Wish Upon A Skill

Post by JessicaMD Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 pm

about the idea of "wyrm up"

it would be nice to have achievements for monster species collection like they have for rarity, and if you increase your catalog of say... wyrms, you DO get a wyrm up like the 5.5%, but only for wyrms, and the same thing goes for the other species too!

Yeah! there are a whole bunch of things they could add as skill which would be fun!.

Like a skill that lets damage "bleedover" to the next monster like if you have an AA that one-shots a "lowest hp first" A mon, some damage bleeds over to the next monster in formation attack order, higher level = more remaining damage bleedover after the first kill; like you would lose 75% of remaining damage on bleedover with lv 1, but lose only 25% with lv 20, and at 10 you can bleedover twice, and at 20 3 times

Or a defense skill where a monster's attack gets increased related to how low its health is (so a monster with <10% health will do like double damage etc...) higher skill = higher damage modifier

Or more "breath"/cl type skills! those are interesting ones I think! They could have a weaker version of cl like "snowstorm" that does much less damage but decreases enemy agility after the hit, so they go later for the rest of the battle (higher lv; more damage. more agi reduction)

Or a health stealing skill (affects only a single monster)

I think new skills could be a lot of fun!

But the most important thing they need to do with new skills is distribut them I think, It would be great if they released a ton of skill spirits that were easy to get; (FOR THE NEW SKILLS! it would be really bad if they released a ton of the old spirits, those should retain their value) since these skills aren't overpowered and can be trumped by the old skills, but would be good for all these unskilled and poorly skilled monsters they have been releasing recently! It would be fine if the new skills were hard to level up; like if they distributed the new skills as spirits, as well as monsters of equal rarity to the species down ones.
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

I love these ideas... I'll have them added to the game.
(wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy?)
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 pm

lol, cool thread, and cool ideas jess, except one. NO to the "bleedover" skill, that would be equivalent to giving AAs Agi. a player with a 45 bp AA attacks a player with a team of 35 bp A+s, the AA will kill 2 A+s instantly, and then the next 35+ bp AA goes, fight's over in round 1. So NO, NO, NO to "bleedover".

but i don't mind the other ideas, those would be interesting to see, especially snare type and drain type skills. we already have a root(slumber), a DoT(venom), and an AoE(cl), we sure could use snare, drain, and even HoT skills, that're more useful than that heal $#!t we have atm.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm

oh, i was taking the "bleedover" as a type of "splash damage" if you will. So one monster takes the brunt of the damage, maybe killing it. All the other monsters take a % of the damage.

I also just thought of one while writing this post... reincarnate.
So if that particular monster is killed, it comes back to life (once) but it only works on itself.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Armitaage wrote:lol, cool thread, and cool ideas jess, except one. NO to the "bleedover" skill, that would be equivalent to giving AAs Agi. a player with a 45 bp AA attacks a player with a team of 35 bp A+s, the AA will kill 2 A+s instantly, and then the next 35+ bp AA goes, fight's over in round 1. So NO, NO, NO to "bleedover".

but i don't mind the other ideas, those would be interesting to see, especially snare type and drain type skills. we already have a root(slumber), a DoT(venom), and an AoE(cl), we sure could use snare, drain, and even HoT skills, that're more useful than that heal $#!t we have atm.

haha i really like the idea of bleedover

it's just so funny and disappointing the way attack order works in AAvA when someone's 30+bp AA lead 'wastes' an entire attack by one-shotting a child of pit or wwe lol.

I think it could work without being overly unbalanced. with the bleedover reduction (maybe the precise values could be tweaked for balancing from the proposed 75-25) you would still need ipa/ded to do damage to the second monster because of whatever is subtracted from kill 1, reduced, then applied vs the second monster's defense and health. Agi would also trump this like any other attack skill than pre. Finally, I guess it would be hard to max.

but seriously, I'm so tired of the battle starting with my strongest monster taking out their weakest monster, and that's all my monster is going to do that round. Y'know Lind or MLD could probably one-shot a pit or wwe, why do I have to waste banished's turn on that rather than applying that damage to something which lind or mld can't one-shot.

I mean if this came out, I definately wouldn't swap ded for it, but still; having monsters which could do that whole "bleedover" thing would be something handy for AAs. It actually sounds like a terrific skill for a moonsea. It won't really make a major balance change anyways. As long as there are these for all guilds. because really, AA vs those high bp As wins practically every time anyways unless it's something ridiculously skewed... like... well I can't think of an example but basically incredibly crappy AAs against very good As. like the 80bp unskilled AA team or something.

well on the reincarnate idea. that sounds like it could be overpowered or totally useless depending on how it's implemented. Do they resurrect immediately after being killed? and get hit by the next attacking mosnter? or get hit the next turn before they can attack?

do they resurrect during their next turn? do they get to resurrect AND attack on the same turn?

Does the battle end if your formation is all dead but one of them hasn't used its resurrect charge yet?

etc etc...

Methinks a "block" or "shield" would be nice. a flat damage absorption with a 'threshold' as a defense against the first attack it receives.

no skill levels or real numbers here but say monster A has shield skill, gets attacked by monster B
for damage up to say... 10k, entire attack is absorbed. shield broken.
for damage 10-20k, (0-10k)/2 = (0-5k) damage comes through (and is then applied against monster's innate defense), shield broken.
for damage 20k+, entire attack comes through. shield broken. (a significantly high damage breaks the shield and deals full damage)

more importantly than all of the above; I want a venom breath spirit
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 pm

i like the absorption shield idea, but it can be made much more simple, which would keep it from being seriously overpowered. first off, it's a non stackable skill and monster that uses it applies it for the whole party. secondly, it just has a threshold that it stops before breaking on each monster; any damage over that threshold is applied toward the monster's def and dealt to the monster. here's a scenario

team A has monsters 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

team B has monsters 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0

monster 1 casts shield skill for team A

monster 6 attacks and deals 15000 damage
monster 1's shield stops 7000 damage and breaks. shield is still active on monsters 2, 3, 4, and 5. after the 7000 damage is stopped, 8000 damage is applied toward monster 1's def. turns out monster 1 was weak after all, because 8000 damage breaks through his def and kills monster 1.

next monster 7 attacks monster 2 and deals 7500 damage. monster 2 is still protected by shield which stops 7000 damage and breaks. the 500 damage that comes through and is applied to monster 2's def is barely enough to scratch it.

to keep such a skill from becoming even more unbalanced than agi, i say it should be restricted to rank A/+ only, or also a few B/+s. but AA/+ and higher don't get it, or A+ and lower teams would have no chance at all to beat them.

should a mixed rarity team employ this skill, it will work with reduced efficiency on monsters of rank AA or higher. rank AA would have a 15% reduction in strength of the shield, AA+ 30% reduction, AAA 45% reduction, AAA+(good luck getting a monster of this rarity, but let's cover all our bases here) gets a 60% reduction. the way the reduction is applied, if the shield will stop 7000 damage for a rank A+, for AA it will stop 5950, for AA+ 4900, for AAA 3850, and only 2800 for a rank AAA+. since these monsters all have much higher def than A+ monsters, this reduction is only a fair way to ensure that it isn't too broken.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by echoside Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Isn't revive very similar to reincarnate? Just can't revive itself

echoside

Back to top Go down

Post by kromagdon Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 am

In one battle instead of reviving one of the other monsters it just recovered it's own health... Very strange... scratch

kromagdon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 am

kromagdon wrote:In one battle instead of reviving one of the other monsters it just recovered it's own health... Very strange... scratch

yes it's skill brings it back to life right after it is killed, and only works on itself. It doesn't waste the monster's next turn either; it would allow said monster to attack again after it has been killed. Maybe it's a monster with a high attack value as well, so it can deal ok damage. This isn't a new concept to games... i "borrowed" the idea from other games i've played.

Here's another one, a "magnet" skill that focuses all damage onto that monster, no matter how the enemy has their preferences set. The monster becomes a "shield", and maybe has higher defense, allowing you to better protect other monsters in your formation. I think people already use something like this, putting a high HP monster as their leader for the HP bonus... but this skill would essentially act as a "target enemy leader" setting for attacking monsters.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 am

ah, a taunt skill. had better be on a moderate defense monster, not a glass cannon, but not a tank either, or this skill would be more overpowered than agility, and that's saying something.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down