Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Summoner Monster Lore Thread

2 posters

Go down

Dark Summoner Monster Lore Thread Empty Dark Summoner Monster Lore Thread

Post by Armitaage Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi there folks!
I'm sure that by now all of us are familiar with the ds bestiary, a great resource if ever we want to know all about a monster. There is but one thing that it is lacking, and that is the monsters' descriptions, or lore. I have begun work on moving much of the bestiary over to a proper database driven site and am looking to expand on the regular data by also adding the monsters' lore. At the present, the actual database behind the site DOES have a field for the monsters' lore, I just have not redone the monster lookup page to actually display it, though that is in the works.

This thread here is a gathering place, where the community can post the monsters' lore, so that we can have it all entered for whenever I get around to updating the monster lookup page. To add monster lore, I ask that you make a post here in the following format:

Code:
#####    "<lore>"

where ##### is the monster's id number(you can easily find that in the bestiary spreadsheet) and "<lore>" is the monster's description. Please note that you MUST enclose the description in quotes(" ").

to give an example, here's one for child of pit+:

50006 "Said to be born from a god for the purpose of bringing the greatest sinners to hell. But it has forgotten this purpose, and now viciously toys with all living things."

PS: please add the lore only for monsters of rank A+ or higher at this time, as that is the only monsters that are in the database at the present.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Dark Summoner Monster Lore Thread Empty Re: Dark Summoner Monster Lore Thread

Post by Armitaage Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 am

bump, i really need lore now. i have remade my monster lookup tool to include the monster's lore, but i don't know all the lores myself. i would love it if the community will help me out.

here's some links to see where you can get searchable lore of monsters, provided someone contributed it for the database:

http://armitaage2.heliohost.org/ds-tools/monster/dsmonsterlookup.php

http://armitaage2.heliohost.org/ds-tools/monster/partycalc.html
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by XJF Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 am

What monsters do you not have?
Or do you not have any? lol

here's my contribution for the day lol
:

EVERYTHING has been double-checked and is letter-by-letter exactly as it appears in game

XJF
XJF

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am

lol, thanks for the descriptions. with regards to death dancer, maybe it's a shemale. most people refer to shemales as "he" and "his" rather than the more appropriate(imo) "she" and "her"
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down