Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade and Scam Prevention question.

4 posters

Go down

Trade and Scam Prevention question. Empty Trade and Scam Prevention question.

Post by DarkClouD Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:31 am

I was just curious of any advice as to how not to be scammed. It seems its not trading, but rather gambling, since there is a possibility of being scammed.

Anyways, in a trade who has the upper hand, the person who sends the trade or the person who accepts it? An example, I accepted a trade, obviously I saw what the person offered, I accepted and offer my trade.

I click on accept, then you see the three tabs, in the center being the pending trade, and the right being the completed trades. I see the (1) in the completed trades tab, then the yellow pending trade(s) link from the home page is gone. Trade is completed!

I check and saw that my trade item is gone, but I have not receive my trade item from the other person. I asked him about it, then I saw it in my gift box. What happened? did he not send it or did he not click on accept trade to fianlize the trade? If so, why didn't I have my item that I traded to him?
DarkClouD
DarkClouD

Back to top Go down

Trade and Scam Prevention question. Empty Trade

Post by jeffreeze Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 am

You both have the chance to accept or reject the trade, after the offers are sent. If the trade goes through, the item goes to your giftbox, not directly to your monster inventory.

jeffreeze

Back to top Go down

Trade and Scam Prevention question. Empty Re: Trade and Scam Prevention question.

Post by DarkClouD Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 am

jeffreeze wrote:You both have the chance to accept or reject the trade, after the offers are sent. If the trade goes through, the item goes to your giftbox, not directly to your monster inventory.

I understand it doesn't go directly to the inventory. The pending trade link disappears, my item was gone, the gift box was empty, then I mentioned it to him then I saw it in the gift box.

Exactly how does one get scammed then, if both have the oppertunity to accept or reject? I hear the person sends the wrong monster or what ever, how does one accepts the wrong monsters?
DarkClouD
DarkClouD

Back to top Go down

Trade and Scam Prevention question. Empty Re: Trade and Scam Prevention question.

Post by Auren Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 am

The most common ways I see people get "scammed" seem to be:

A) Gifting/trading their monsters to people so they can catalog them and not getting them back
B) Gifting people your monsters in a trade instead of using the trade function and the other player not following through
C) Trading a large amount of monsters (typically for an AA) and gifting the first half of the trade and having the other player not follow through
D) Gifting/trading your monster to someone to level it up for you and not getting it back
E) Lending your monster to someone for a while by gifting it it to them and not getting it back
F) Players having stuff in their comments like "gift me an ep and put your name in the hat to win all my stuff!" and it not actually happening

Notice the recurring trend there? Most of the people who get scammed were either gifting people things when they should have been using the trade function (although in situation C it's hard to avoid) or, well, being rather naive and getting bit in the ass for it. It baffles how people manage to fall for the vast majority of the scams in this game... if you're above the age of 10 then surely you should have a high enough IQ to not get screwed over by any of the above except for situation C and even then, you should realize you're taking a big risk.

tl;dr The best advice for not getting scammed. Do.Not.Use.The.Gift.Function. and be aware that trusting strangers over the internet comes with a risk. Don't let people borrow things you can't afford to lose.

Auren

Back to top Go down

Trade and Scam Prevention question. Empty Scam

Post by jeffreeze Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 am

Pretty much thats it in a nutshell Auren. As long as you review the trade screen you're safe. And as Auren stated use the trade function not gifting!

jeffreeze

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkClouD Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

I feel more informative after reading your reply. Basically, you can only be scammed if trusting the wrong person, and not using trade function. Thanks bro.
DarkClouD
DarkClouD

Back to top Go down

Post by astrosabre Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm

DarkClouD wrote:I feel more informative after reading your reply. Basically, you can only be scammed if trusting the wrong person, and not using trade function. Thanks bro.
everyone is the wrong person.
don't do trades via gift, and ask around for the prices on stuff before you trade.
if they are rushing you, it's most likely because they want you to accept their crap offer before someone else finds out.
astrosabre
astrosabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down