Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community

+20
overseer07
Ologolos
qpwoalsk
keljaeden
Bobertson
larry378
God_of_War
Scratch102
Horg
applesauce
robinsonsteve62
Zamiel
laylow80
kyan
dextery
bacsiha
sokiz
Deathblob
FinestArts
Shakes29
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community

Post by keljaeden Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 am

I have almost a full AA+M (20) TEAM, yea I have spent real money is DS but all on summons and never got anything usefull(some skills but that was it). So even though I have spent money it has nothing to do with me getting my team. I'm so tired of hearing people that just do not know what they are doing always saying that if you have a great team that you spent a ton of money to get that team. If you can't make EP in DS through selling/trading monsters/skills/crystals then there is something wrong with you and stop complaining about those of us that do, I don't make much but I do make EP. and for those retards out there that always complain, my buddy has a whole AA+ team and has never spent 1 cent on this game, he is just very cleaver and works hard

Even with crystal farming, making skill stacks, and knowing how to work the auction house like its Wall Street, the game is still incredibly luck based. With two accounts that are both level 97 (yes I'm aware it's kinda of low) the best card I've gotten so far is a black smoke from summons. I then put that on the AH with a good amount of gold, that some how by the grace of god I've managed to hold on to while avoiding people 20 levels above me attacking me. I got one reasonable offer, and 15 low ball bids.

All of this for a currency that's also a consumable. Now, I'm not going to knock A-team for that, it's a brilliant business model that rakes in the cash. However, the economy in DS is absolutely atrocious. A Team does tend to favor profit over user experience, and I'm not saying I'm entitled to an AA every once in a while, I'm not. I Just one of fighting chance that's not absurdly luck based. It's a bit disingenuous to say hard-working and patience pays off. Don't get me wrong, it certainly can, but more often than not with the game like DS, it doesn't. At least for what seems like a majority of players.

keljaeden

Back to top Go down

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community

Post by FinestArts Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:35 am

It's definitely not impossible to get an AA+ form without spending real money. Here's my "story". I bought one dark summoner pack in the first week i started (midway through dragon wall event) coz i enjoyed the game and think i got about 20EP worth of stuff, most of it from a prog which sadly wasn't worth that much coz the event was almost over and i didn't know back then about timing. At the start i just worked on getting an A+ form (went from sin brute to sin demon). Through the usual method of selling skill stacks/singles getting it piece by piece. I also looked at the rank wall/forum stores to understand the value of monsters. Then its just a matter of buying low.

When my A+ form was done, all max skills, i sold it off for about 250 - 300 EP(which was more then i spent coz i bought the monsters cheap) which i then used to buy a cheap substitute wyrm form for abt 30 EP and then used the remainder of the EP i had for bigger investments like events and selling/buying AA's and whatnot. Then i slowly proceeded to AA+ form, it took me about 1.5-2 months to move from A+ form to AA+ form. Now these day's i'm slowly upgrading my AA+ monsters to the newer stronger monsters that come out.

If you can get from nothing to a strong A+ form, without spending money. Then you can get from an A+ form to an AA+ form. As long as you keep increasing value you will get there eventually. These days a lot of AA's are cheaper then max skilled A monsters as well so it's even easier now.

It's not easy and definitely not a quick process if you don't spend money. At least for me, trying to increase net portfolio value and slowly upgrading form is a major part of the fun of the game for me and actually is one of the main reasons that keeps me hooked lol. I'm sure a lot of people should have seen me on rankwall or forum store at least a few times if they have looked there.

FinestArts

Back to top Go down

Post by God_of_War Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:28 am

I might make a thread this week setting out how it is done. Not the next couple of days though as too busy with real life stuff.

God_of_War

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 am

Just remember though, it's mathematically impossible for everyone to do it. Smile
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by qpwoalsk Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 am

dextery wrote:Really agrees with zamiel. All AA+ player do spend money. Full AA+ player that self proclaim never spend a cent is hypocrit. Judging by game released like 11 months, I will never get you to full AA+ even with trade. Probably AA thats all.

Ye..people are not actually lying, its possible using auction, leaderboards and forum and knowing the prices.

Honestly if all the AA+players do spend a lot of ep, then our market would probably not be so bad right now lol

qpwoalsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ologolos Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

i don't spend alot; usually nothing at all. all the AAs i have are lower than 20 bp, but they're still AAs that i didn't have to dump a ton of cash to get. and an AA is an AA... but i do feel like if I could just summon one really good AA, I'd be in business!

LOL maybe not, though... I like to spend my ep on silly stuff, like I'm still trying to make a full golem team, but can't find someone to trade me a gold golem for less than 3 EP! come on, i know it doesn't sell for THAT much gold, lol

bottom line, the game should be fun. If you're not playing to have fun and keep yourself entertained, i have no idea what you're playing for. "Ranked #1 in Dark Summoner" is probably not something you'll be putting on your resume.
Ologolos
Ologolos

Back to top Go down

Post by overseer07 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:41 am

Ahhh, I love these entitled whining posts! I spent monies on a crapshoot and was disappointed. Therefore, this game company doesn't understand business and is losing customers! The fact that they've been in the top-5 grossing apps on the store for months on end is purely coincidence.

overseer07

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

Ologolos wrote:i don't spend alot; usually nothing at all. all the AAs i have are lower than 20 bp, but they're still AAs that i didn't have to dump a ton of cash to get. and an AA is an AA...

Yeah, and an AMC Gremlin is a car, so it's basically a Porsche.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Amc_gremlin_72_1
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

if an A team is
Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 83%20ford%20fairmont

and a 'real' AA team is
Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Bentley-Continental-GT-1

that leaves the <21bp 5AA teams and AA/A hybrid team users such as myself driving this
Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Spoiler2
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobertson Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:29 pm

God_of_War wrote:I might make a thread this week setting out how it is done. Not the next couple of days though as too busy with real life stuff.

Please don't. I spent a lot of time, trial and error, figuring it out myself. If someone wants to PM you for advice I'm all for that.

Just my greedy opinion. Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121

Bobertson

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Bobertson wrote:
God_of_War wrote:I might make a thread this week setting out how it is done. Not the next couple of days though as too busy with real life stuff.

Please don't. I spent a lot of time, trial and error, figuring it out myself. If someone wants to PM you for advice I'm all for that.

Just my greedy opinion. Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 1389741121

God_of_War should paten his "how to be successful in DS land" idea, then sell it for some ep. Of course, he needs create 30min infomercial to sell his idea but I am sure he can hire JessiaMD as creative director. Ask Larry378 to write up a script and Hog to create some virtual effects. And bring in Armitaage for expert testimony.

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by laylow80 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

hahaha you guys are funny
laylow80
laylow80

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

Who's Hog?
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:11 am

lol, i think Hog is you, Horg, just as JessiaMD is JessicaMD, lol. epic fail on the spelling when it DOES matter, zzz, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadarace Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:06 pm

How do you get so many ally summons?

Hadarace

Back to top Go down

Post by zzz1998 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Armitaage wrote:lol, i think Hog is you, Horg, just as JessiaMD is JessicaMD, lol. epic fail on the spelling when it DOES matter, zzz, lol.

Sorry guys. At least I got the most important one correct, right Armitaage? :-D

zzz1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm

lol, actually, i'd say you got the least important one correct, lol Razz
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by Horg Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Hadarace wrote:How do you get so many ally summons?

virtual machines, I know A-Team is celebrating their 5 million download, but I bet 40% of those are the same people spamming accounts.
Horg
Horg

Back to top Go down

Post by dextery Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Can you post me a picture of AAA team how it looks like larry? ;D

dextery

Back to top Go down

Post by larry378 Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:43 pm

dextery wrote:Can you post me a picture of AAA team how it looks like larry? ;D

CLICK ME

pic's too big for the forum. resizing it wouldn't be doing it justice
larry378
larry378

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathblob Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Nah, that's a classic!

Need something more like this:

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Gold_plated_toyota_camry
Deathblob
Deathblob

Back to top Go down

Post by dextery Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 pm

LOL AAA classics!!!!!!!!

dextery

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:03 pm

pffft...y'all are going about this the wrong way:

A teams and below:
Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 Jalopy-300x226

A+ teams and low bp AA+ teams:

"real" AA+ teams:

AAA/+ monsters:

Dark Summoner and A-Team Fail the Gaming Community - Page 2 3119208

lol, just my opinion on these, lol

ps: i provided a link on the last one, cuz you have to understand just how expensive that one is, even if it doesn't look as sleek as a ferrari, lol.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by JessicaMD Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 pm

AAA

Spoiler:
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2