Dark Summoner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get started on AH

+4
kyan
Armitaage
JessicaMD
Kail
8 posters

Go down

How do I get started on AH Empty How do I get started on AH

Post by Kail Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey all.  I'm very new to this game (under 28 days).  I started right in the middle of the great wall event.  I haven't played another game like this so I dont have much reference on how to get started however I want in on the riches!

I'm at level 60, and my best monster is a Ghoul Warrior+ at level 42.  Im thinking of going for an all wyrm team...or maybe an all demon team (im sin), but I digress.

I see everyone putting up great monsters on the auction house and asking for 300 to 400 energy potions.  I have...zero.  Even seeing trades on this site for 8 energy potions are outside of my range.  You see, currency is energy potions in this game and outside of BUYING them I cant see how to get started.

All I need is one good monster to get a few hundred energy potions, no?  But to get the good monsters I need to do well in the events...which I need energy potions.  I dont have a lot of gold so even the auctions that go for Gold only I'm assed.

I'm not asking for the end all answer, but how did you start?  Did you drop a lot of money into soul points and get a few AA's?  Did you just get lucky on a draw?  My goals in this game is not to have the best team (A solid winged wyrm sin team at A+ is all I need..i'll level it at my own pace) but I want to get down on this auction house business.  That's the true power in this game.  

Thoughts?

Kail

Back to top Go down

How do I get started on AH Empty Re: How do I get started on AH

Post by JessicaMD Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 pm

The auction house is not a place you want to get started on Razz

Getting those first few ep is a really hard part of the game when you start with zero. The best way if you didn't luck out on the summons and get something that people will buy is to keep and sacrifice B,B+ and (common)As with useful skills (guild down, agi, ipd, ipa, ded, dea) into stacks of (4) skill and try to sell those, because people do buy those.

I personally started out this game with some help since my boyfriend introduced me to the game, well more like I noticed he was playing this game on his phone alot, while we were out buying furniture or at a restaurant or before going to sleep, and first thing in the morning and when I got curious, he got me into it lol. Since he had been playing for a while, I got a bunch of nice monsters for my formation and some to trade with (no AAs or anything like that, just a bunch of stuff all under 10ep); pretty soon I after I sold most of those or traded them, and used all my ep for events and missions, I was broke! Fortunately, I had been stacking skills for some time, and then I saw how easy it was to sell them. I've also heard from other people that selling skills is the best way to 'get into' the trade economy from scratch, and it absolutely works.

The way skill prices for stacks go is
species down 1:1ep (demon down, brute down are the most popular, sometimes people buy the other ones like mystic and creation, people almost never buy the others)
guild down 2:1ep (these are great, you don't even need to stack them)
health up, agi, ipa, ded (4):3ep
ipd, dea (4):2

And the best part? There are always buyers!

Unfortunately, most of the really common skills are pretty worthless like slumber breath, venom breath, preemptive strike, critical, but sometimes people do buy them

If you're in the sin guild, The de-facto sin demon team is
Leader: Balrog of Hatred (covert down)
Flame Tamagotchi (ded)
Hellfield Asura (ipa)
Spite Devil Mage (dea)
Child of Pit (agi)

Lots of people use this one, because it's good. Also, most of these monsters are pretty common (well, not to summon, but people are always buying and selling these, some of these are from past events, (all of them except pit)). It's also not too incredibly expensive, Balrog+ is like 30, Kag+ is like 16, Asura+ is like 24, Spite+ is like 16, and pit+ is 1ep. That might seem like a lot now, but a team like can be used even if you're in the rankings, so you won't need to worry about upgrading them until you're ready to switch to all AAs.

If you want to do wyrms, there are sin wyrm formations too! They're not as widespread as the sin demons but they are good!

There are actually a bunch of people in my clan who use sin wyrm formations, and the most combination seems to be something including 5 out of...
Magic Light Dragon, Netherworld Dragon, Magma Dragon, Demon Dragon Kanna, Ring Dragon, Nidhogg.

I don't know a lot about the specifics of wyrm forms, but if you want to know more about that, try pming larry378 (the aforementioned boyfriend Razz, who is also a person in my clan who uses sin wyrm formation), he can help you out with wyrm specifics
JessicaMD
JessicaMD

Back to top Go down

Post by Armitaage Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Balrog of hatred?
Flame tamagotchi?

Lol, I think you had a fu autocorrect moment there, the two monsters are Balrog of rage and flame kagutsuchi, but I do agree with everything else. I will add that for the demon form there are acceptable substitutes for Balrog, kag, and asura, they're paimon, devil of endless night, and devil of the abyss respectively.
Armitaage
Armitaage

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

The other way to get some starter ep is to farm lord of void crystals. You get some gold which you can save to sell or use and the crystal goes for 10-15 per ep. Its boring as hell but it will get you started.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Questions.

I have a lot of monsters with stats? Should I be offering them solo or raise them to stat4? What's the worth of them as 1 or 4?

As for the void crystal...why wouldn't people just farm that themselves? Why would they want that? What's the worth of them each?

Kail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallette Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Most people only buy stacks of 4. That said, don't use a Flame Kag as a skill stack item, use mostly B/B+,. Reason being, the higher the skill you sacrifice, the better your chances. SO if you have an Abyss skill 6, and you try to sacrifice a skill level 1 you have a slim chance. If you have a skill 6 and put a skill 4 on it, your odds are better. Not worth going beyond skill 4 though (someone worked it out time and money wise somewhere...)

When you summon a lord of void (or any lord) for the 2nd and further times, you get a random reward of the lord (a skill), a B summon (possible skills, or 10k gold. SO after the first time the crystals are great to get money to sacrifice and skills to do so. Most people see the worth of 10 per ep as better than their time to get it themselves.

Vallette

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:26 am

I'm sorry I'm new to the lingo. Are you saying 10 of these crystals are worth 1 ep?

So. With this logic in mind why not take all of my skills, put them into a monster and save them? I got 45 monsters I need to get rid of but a lot of them are multiple monsters or repeat skills. If you're telling me people don't buy 1 monster with 1 skill, they're worth more as 1 monster with a skill of 4.

Am I reading that correct?

Kail

Back to top Go down

Post by kyan Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:27 am

you are reading that correct most would prefer a stack of 4 of the skill than 1 but many will buy single as well at a rate of 1-3 per ep depending on the skill. Look in the top 3 of current battle ranking and you'll see lots of advertisement for selling and buying skills to see what the current rates are for various skills.

As for crystal most ppl do it for the gold. It might be easier than buying gold and the return is about the same and you get chance at some skills at the same time. Ppl don't want to farm themselves either because its really monotonous or they have better things to do with their time/energy points.

Kyan

kyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kail Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks for the help!

Kail

Back to top Go down

Post by djken312 Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm

mainly the reason they dont do the crystal farming simply because of the energy.. they rather use their energy on EVENT to get better ranking..

thats why all the dirty job of farming will leave it to us low lv player Smile
because most of the time if you want to get into those AA reward rank .. you need at least 300-400+ energy in order to have good benefit of using ep.. thats why for low lv.. just save up.. spent your energy on crystal untill you rich enough and high enough lv for most of the events..

djken312

Back to top Go down

Post by Xoct Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 am

JessicaMD wrote:
Leader: Balrog of Hatred
Flame Tamagotchi

I personally love these names, I vote re-naming to this immediately xD
Xoct
Xoct

Back to top Go down

Post by Frolon Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

I'd love to know why certain skills are or aren't valuable. Some are obvious (slumber, etc), but some not so much.

• Crit rate up seems like it could use plusses well for instance. Is it that there's too much supply or its not worth increasing? If it isn't worth increasing is that because it isn't good or starts good and the leveling then barely makes a difference, or what? Certainly if you could make crit hits happen most of the time this would be pretty nice.
  • Any idea about dodge rate's effectiveness? There's really only 1 cheap dodge rate creature I think to boost with, but would it be worth bumping up?

Thanks,

Frolon

PS: Sorry if this is off topic, but it seems you know your stuff

Frolon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down