Getting Started, with an edge

Go down

Getting Started, with an edge  Empty Getting Started, with an edge

Post by Sameldi on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:47 am

So who've just started out not too long ago? List your name, when you started, your current lvl, and where to find you or ways to find you. This can be a place for those who just got started to get listed and maybe someone might be kind enough to help you with a starting edge.

For those wiling to help just post here and sign up, be sure to list your in-game name.

If you do get help, don't complain or harass those on the help list. They "helped" you and they aren't required to go out of the way. They do it because they want to and if they do get harassed excessively then the person who harassed will be black-listed.

Complaints can be posted here as well as if there is a legitimate reason to suspect that someone on the help list is a mule.

Also do not add sub accounts if you have more than one account to the list. It's rude and diminishes the legitimacy of all others listed as well as making helpers not willing to help people who really should be getting the help.

In need of an edge:

Willing to help:
-Sameldi, in-game name: Sameldi, can be reached via pm, usually on this thread around 2 p.m- 8 p.m. ESt

Black-listed:
Sameldi
Sameldi

Back to top Go down

Getting Started, with an edge  Empty Re: Getting Started, with an edge

Post by Wrath on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Ill give a helping hand to help newer players, not a problem! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my store!! ---> My Store

Wrath

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm

ditto.. =D
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Onds on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Smile

My player name is Onds, and i started 15 days ago. I'm currently level 34 with 15.9k atk, 18k def and 18k hp. I don't have anything good really, but on the other hand i don't know if i need an edge either. I'm too new to the game to really know yet. I have been reading the information on this forum, but i'm still having doubts about how to go about it all (team setups, what to do for, how to go about it in general).

So, instead i'm going to write what i'm normally doing and you can correct me if you like if i'm doing it wrong.

I started playing around the start of the phantom tower event. So in the start i just did a little of the tower and a little of the missions. I got a Caim B+ at the start as well as a few other B's in the first free summons. A few days later i got a Jade Rhinoceros Beetle A, so i used the Caim and the beetle mainly in the start.

When i gathered the first loot set, i summoned the Lord of Massacre and tried to take it down failing horribly. The whole part about having allies for the raids i didn't know about at that point, so i couldn't get it down in time. Shortly after i filled up my ally list inviting players from the top 300 list in the game and i was set for another go.

Since then i have been beating up the first 5 lords (Lord of Massacre, Lord of Void, Lord of Gluttony, Pure Dark Embodiment, Sky Navy Slayer). In between that i have been running phantom tower, and used all my stamp campaign and mission eps on that ignorant of the fact that pots are heavily used as a trade currency Sad.

When i finally collected the 6 relics on 100th floor and got my Punisher Sphinx i calculated that with my current energy return and the days left of phantom tower event, i probably wouldn't make it for another Sphinx so i could evolve it. And with the Sphinx being my best card (and feeling my cards fading in power relative to others on my battle screen) i thought to heck with it, and started levelling that and my Lord of Massacre A+.

Here's what i have now in my formation:
A Punisher Sphinx lvl 58 (Leader)
A+ Lord of Massacre lvl 45
B+ Caim lvl 24 [Agility up I]
A Jade Rhinoceros Beetle lvl 25 [Increase Party Defense I]
A Lord of Gluttony lvl 25

Besides that i have these saved:
A Sky Navy Slayer lvl 1
A Pure Dark Embodiment lvl 1
A Lord of Void lvl 24

Now, basically each time i have the bp for it (66bp per full formation battle), i check my previous battles to see if there was anyone giving good money (10-30k or more). If there is i fight them again if there is fights left. If there isn't i look for another player which look slightly weaker than myself and hope he has cash.

Then i spend my energy on missions (i stopped doing the tower) until i have around 20 energy left. When im at 20 energy, i check if i have enough money and monsters for a 10 monster sacrifice for either my sphinx or massacre. If i'm lacking monsters, i do the first 2 missions since they only use 1 energy and give like 50% trash monsters. I try to always do the missions so that i can collect loot sets for later use for easy money or perhaps future trades (i have yet to trade anything at all though).

My plan is to level the sphinx and massacre to max while i try to figure out what kind of team i want to build. The only real strategy i have so far is going for phycho monsters for the full combo. Going for specific combos on top of that is probably a little too optimistic for me still.

Oh, and i have 210 energy and 119 bp max atm. I plan to up my bp so i can do 2 battles per full bp, and energy for the rest.

So, you tell me. Am i doing it right?

PS: I haven't spend any money neither do i plan to spend any money on the game

Onds
ID: 2468419810

Onds

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 pm

sounds like you are on the right path to me =D

just trade hard and you will advance your formation more

also study the bestiary/combos and choose a formation to go for and work towards it.. it took me a few weeks but i finally got the Wyrm combo i wanted
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreality on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Onds,

At the current moment energy is much more important than battle point, I have put every single points in energy. I played 7 days spending no money and I am level 33 now.

You can sky rocket your exp gaining speed by following the method in my post:
https://darksummoner.forumotion.com/t942-easy-honors-exp-for-leveling-up-tyranny-only

Good Luck and I have a Jade, do you want to trade my Jade with ep? So you can evolve your Jade to rank A+ Smile
Unreality
Unreality

Back to top Go down

Post by forseek on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 am

Unreality wrote:Hi Onds,

At the current moment energy is much more important than battle point, I have put every single points in energy. I played 7 days spending no money and I am level 33 now.

You can sky rocket your exp gaining speed by following the method in my post:
https://darksummoner.forumotion.com/t942-easy-honors-exp-for-leveling-up-tyranny-only

Good Luck and I have a Jade, do you want to trade my Jade with ep? So you can evolve your Jade to rank A+ Smile

Played 5 days, lv34 and 35. A+ Gigas max, 2 A+ Sphnix 0 dollar spent
forseek
forseek

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:50 am

i recomend putting your level points into BP and your ally points into energy.. you can dump allies and re-add them to re adjust for extra BP later in the game then.. once you have built a team you are happy with the energy doesnt seem to matter so much.. just my opinion.. i also prefer to stay smaller in lvl (currently 48) with a stronger team =D making a lot of gold by being attacked by higher level enemies but im taking the whooping to their butts
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by JinkoNeko on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Since there was no specific statement mentioning this just for tyranny, I will assume this is a general help thread. Thus moved to tactics which is our forum guide section.

JinkoNeko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onds on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 pm

On energy (besides changing stats with allies):

Ofcourse how much you want to spend in energy depends on how often you play and how many achievements you got (energy regen bonus) and how often you use eps.

If you use a lot of eps, ofcourse you want a high energy count to get as much out of each pot as possible. If you don't use a lot of pots, you really don't need more energy than you use. Aka how often do you play. Lets say you have an energy regen of 1 per 160 seconds. And you play each 8 hours. In that case you dont need more than:

[hours between play]*60*60/[seconds per energy regen]= 8*60*60/160 = 180 max energy

- because after 8 hours you cannot regen anymore anyway. I currently have 210 energy, so i only need to spend my energy every 160*210/60/60 9.3 hours. As long as i don't wait any longer, i don't lose any energy except when i level up or use an ep.

At least, thats how i see it. Correct me if i overlooked something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(|===========================================|)
(|
...................Onds....................|)
(|
..............ID: 2468419810...............|)
(|
Store: http://tinyurl.com/ondstradestation |)

Onds

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0n on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 pm

heres the thing.. 200 energy will take 6 hours+ to regenerate.. more than enough time between visits to DS on the other hand BP recovers a lot quicker.. thus making it higher makes more sense so that you can maximise your things.. again i would stress that you be careful where you place your level points as they can't be changed as easily as the ally bonus points.. they can be shifted quite easily =D
Drag0n
Drag0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Onds on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Unreality wrote:[...]You can sky rocket your exp gaining speed by following the method in my post:
https://darksummoner.forumotion.com/t942-easy-honors-exp-for-leveling-up-tyranny-only [...]
Nice little trick.

Unreality wrote:Good Luck and I have a Jade, do you want to trade my Jade with ep? So you can evolve your Jade to rank A+ Smile
No thanks, trying to get a pure psycho team so i'm selling it soon enough and replacing it with another def up monster like shock tara, lord of opp, oracle or similar. But thanks for the offer Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(|
(|
(|

Onds

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortium on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am

I started just 2 days ago. My team consists of 5 lvl 11 critters and I'm just levelling up by battling with a single strong and 4 weak critters for now. Seems to be working quite well as I hit lvl 22 today. Lots of people seem to be considerate and have teams of C monsters available to fight for easy 12xp per time.

I agree with the energy discussion. I'm thinking that unless I sink cash into the game my access to EPs will be very limited. Therefore I just need to cap out my Energy at about 160 for my daily usage. Once I hit that limit, everything will head into Battle Points.

Still, if anyone feels like gifting me, my Player name is Mortium and PLayer ID is 2009953021

Thanks!
Mortium
Mortium

Back to top Go down

Post by Onds on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Mortium wrote:I started just 2 days ago. My team consists of 5 lvl 11 critters and I'm just levelling up by battling with a single strong and 4 weak critters for now. Seems to be working quite well as I hit lvl 22 today. Lots of people seem to be considerate and have teams of C monsters available to fight for easy 12xp per time.

I agree with the energy discussion. I'm thinking that unless I sink cash into the game my access to EPs will be very limited. Therefore I just need to cap out my Energy at about 160 for my daily usage. Once I hit that limit, everything will head into Battle Points.

Still, if anyone feels like gifting me, my Player name is Mortium and PLayer ID is 2009953021

Thanks!
I have an extra Reaper of the Ash Seas C+ lvl 30 you can have, and perhaps a few lvl 1 B cards as well if you can find me and put a comment on my wall. You should be able to find me using the weekly overall ranking. I am around rank 186 at the time of this writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(|
(|
(|

Onds

Back to top Go down

Getting Started, with an edge  Empty very willing to help

Post by zai on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm

name, in-game: zai
id: 2703486589
guild: sin
lv: 79
started: mid-march
how to contact: pm on these boards is great, in-game I'm currently (april 19) ranked ~438 overall, also can find me at #67 on the phantom tower list

I'm on disability so I have lots of time, and I'm super happy to help nubs with questions and tactics, understanding what is or is not a good trade etc., anything at all, and happy to unload my b+ and lower cards to cool people who can make good use of them. (they just gonna get sacrificed anyway)

my experience is that Energy Points is useful way past your daily regen, mostly because of the free refills you get from lv-ing up, and from all the EPs you will use even if you never spend a cent. Especially for the first 50 levels or so, where you level up pretty quickly. I also believe in pumping BP up enough to battle twice with a mid-range team (50-60bp), or once with a pimped out team. my personal stats at lv79, 50 allies, are:

EP: 467
BP: 112

112 is exactly my max team cost, with Anna, so without resetting all the points, it is not useful to put more points into BP, unless I magically get another AA...

hope everyone manages to enjoy the game, flaws and all. At my most recent job I used to run software engineering for an online multiplayer iPhone game for about 1.5 years, somewhat similar in nature, and I can tell you from experience how difficult it is, to create an environment that is fun over a long period of time, fair, and not completely broken and abusable. ATeam is not perfect, but they have a lot of the right things in place, they do respond to player and game environment feedback, they run lots of live events (which are very difficult to do well), and they are trying very hard...and I admire what they have done. even if it does suck sometimes, it doesn't suck most of the time.

my apologies, got carried away, /rant off

thanks
zai

zai

Back to top Go down

Post by Auren on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Mortium wrote:I started just 2 days ago. My team consists of 5 lvl 11 critters and I'm just levelling up by battling with a single strong and 4 weak critters for now. Seems to be working quite well as I hit lvl 22 today. Lots of people seem to be considerate and have teams of C monsters available to fight for easy 12xp per time.

Thanks!

Hmm... I dunno. Personally I would disagree with going primarily BP. Sure, energy takes a long time to regenerate but between level ups and the times you do use energy potions/elixirs you're missing out on a lot of potential usage from those items. The problem with BP is, outside of this event, is that it's primarily a source of ego, gold, and very minor exp. Unless you're in a position to try for the top 3 of the weekly ranking(which a new player shouldn't be) there isn't really a big "reward" for being able to battle a lot. All of the other events have prioritized energy in order to get the maximum rewards. Granted, gold can be hard to come by for quite a while in the beginning(or at least it was for me) so it can be useful to be able to fight a lot however, later on it becomes a much, much lower priority. It may be best, if you wish to go that route, to put your ally points in BP instead since you can always drop and re-add people to switch the points around when BP isn't as useful to you. Energy should /always/ be useful so it's pretty safe to put your level up points in there.

Something else to keep in mind, if you're a newer player and not buying your way to the top(which I agree, don't do that -_-) the raid bosses are very likely going to be pretty useful for you. Having low energy means a) it's going to take you a long time to even reach them and b) the later raid bosses have quite a bit of hp, as in millions of hp. If you have low energy then you're going to have to either time the fight with a level up or use an energy potion which personally I feel is a bit wasteful.

That said, if battling people is more fun for you than trying to min/max how you play the game then by all means, put a bunch of points in BP. Also, don't forget to mention what guild you're in when you tell people your ID and stuff. Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to have a search function :\

Auren

Back to top Go down

Post by klabautermann on Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm

klabautermann
ID: 1459156494
Rancor

currently im lvl26. im going for impulse and rarity combo as i was lucky to get child of pit, dragon knight of ruin and hellfire talos very early. now i think i will try to get one of the three mentioned monsters to make them A+ and then level them. i would be really happy if anyone could help me out with one of these.
as far as trading is concerned, im not really sure if the following monsters are worth enough to make a fair trade for one of the three monsters:

A dark elf berserker lvl1
A pabilsag lvl20

and some b+ skills:
venomous breath x 2, decrease enemy attack x 2, slumbering breath, preemptive strike, cricial rate up, increase party defense

do you think one could create a fair bundle out of these?

klabautermann

Back to top Go down

Post by zajef7 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:39 pm

I can help you cause i have some good monsters. PM me
zajef7
zajef7

https://sites.google.com/site/darksummonertrade/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content